General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > Forum & Network
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

DJFaceMachine
djfacemachine
Bluesultan is my hero

This is why genmay sucks. Too many subforums.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

K1NGDEAD

refault does indeed suck
hair trigger bibble thumpin prepubescent omnipotent fascist
hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

edit--

the thread got moved? not just moved...ninja moved?

dear god, whats happening to this place?
terrible

Last edited by K1NGDEAD; 04-17-2008 at 02:32 PM..

damo

can this be dipped back to the main or hwat? so everyone can show themselves and have it out ... im sick of having to get pissed off reading a thread because of useless look at me clowns and not wanting to come back. i used to love genmay. alot of chill people..

but lets break out the flames, freestyles, whatever im down yo, link my cell phone, got beef? you better run Bo

i just want a free flowing style again. i had that in my clonopin thread in the kc and someone got bitched out and closed it.... i have no idea how to acquire search ....

so LETS GET IT ON LIKE WE DONT GET ALONG BREDRENS

???????

cokezeroholic

There are been virtually no growth of this site since it's inception. Ok, we added forums along the way, but that's nothing to get excited about.

Mr. Susan

+chop threads
-refault

damo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Susan View Post
+chop threads
-refault

- Mr. Susan verbally masturbating about his stupid drug abuse

Mr. Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
- Mr. Susan verbally masturbating about his stupid drug abuse
Nigga plz

r00tshell

Refault is the worst mod i've encountered since FLECOM in 2002 - easily. I remember I had my username DELETED by Flecom back in 2002 for posting a link to www.myg0t.com (A website where you can download CS Hacks) - Oh my how things have changed

I was involved in a discussion about the state of moderating in a[M] not too long ago. I brought up a few observations about one of the moderators (refault) and my post was immediately deleted, followed by a seven day global ban. The thread was a discussion about modding in the a[M], so I weighted in my opinions and nothing more.

Since when can mods completely delete entire posts, issue bans, and have no accountability whatsoever? I could honestly care less - this place is just getting worse and worse, so i'll just keep to my subforums. I have no motivation to contribute to a[M], so as a result - you are losing out on content from a member that's been on this forum for 6 years. There's a reason why a[M] has stagnated to the point where posts in the first page date back to ten days. People are choosing not to contribute to a forum where they feel they aren't being treated fairly.

It's the same type of concept where a business treats you poorly - you vote with your wallet by no longer purchasing their services/goods.

If I get banned for voicing my opinions, then so be it. *shrug*

Since joining this forum in 2002, I can say that most of the mods i've encountered were friendly and democratic in nature, but this kinda conduct goes against everything genmay stands for. Deleting posts and settling personal vendettas with mod powers is an utter abuse of control. I've heard Sanjay preach about how "content is king", but genmay is effectively stifling good content by enabling this type of nazi modding.

Last edited by r00tshell; 04-19-2008 at 10:45 AM..

Mr. Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00tshell View Post
Refault is the worst mod i've encountered since FLECOM in 2002 - easily. I remember I had my username DELETED by Flecom back in 2002 for posting a link to www.myg0t.com (A website where you can download CS Hacks) - Oh my how things have changed

I was involved in a discussion about the state of moderating in a[M] not too long ago. I brought up a few observations about one of the moderators (refault) and my post was immediately deleted, followed by a seven day global ban. The thread was a discussion about modding in the a[M], so I weighted in my opinions and nothing more.

Since when can mods completely delete entire posts, issue bans, and have no accountability whatsoever? I could honestly care less - this place is just getting worse and worse, so i'll just keep to my subforums. I have no motivation to contribute to a[M], so as a result - you are losing out on content from a member that's been on this forum for 6 years. There's a reason why a[M] has stagnated to the point where posts in the first page date back to ten days. People are choosing not to contribute to a forum where they feel they aren't being treated fairly.

It's the same type of concept where a business treats you poorly - you vote with your wallet by no longer purchasing their services/goods.

Since joining this forum in 2002, I can say that most of the mods i've encountered were friendly and democratic in nature, but this kinda conduct goes against everything genmay stands for. Deleting posts and settling personal vendettas with mod powers is an utter abuse of control. I've heard Sanjay preach about how "content is king", but genmay is effectively stifling good content by enabling this type of nazi modding.
Here, here!

damo

Quote:

BRAHT BRAHT hahaha

damo

i cant even count how many times ive been banned for stupid petty .

(DC, Nano, refault, TC) = pure puntanas.

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity

Quote:

Get your head out of your ass, sir.

I asked you to provide me with clear-cut evidence where I've shown so-called "bias"... nothing was proven.

The thread had rules. Constructive criticism. Get over your personal vendetta.

r00tshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by refault View Post
Get your head out of your ass, sir.

I asked you to provide me with clear-cut evidence where I've shown so-called "bias"... nothing was proven.

The thread had rules. Constructive criticism. Get over your personal vendetta.
If you weren't afraid of me spreading the truth, you wouldn't have bothered deleting the post.

You deleted the post and banned me because I brought up relevant points about certain cases when you've abused your power, and how your modding credentials are questionable at best. It would be nice to go back and look at what I wrote so you could justify your actions, but sadly that's not possible.

Self-fulfilling prophecy much? I know nobody reads this forum, but at least they can't delete my posts and b7 me for a week because I criticize their modding abilities. I have no qualms with how you handle a[M], because it's obviously working out, right?

You mentioned this to me and I think i'll take you up on your offer:
Quote:

refault (9:14:54 PM): deleting posts on a[m] is a different issue
refault (9:14:58 PM): this isnt genmay this is a subforum
refault (9:15:01 PM): if you don't like it you can leave
I honestly could care less because I will no longer waste my time actively contributing to that forum. It seems like a lot of members have taken that approach, being that a[M] is more stagnant than it's ever been. Have fun

Last edited by refault; 04-19-2008 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: removed SN.

Mr. Susan

I think refault has mostly good intentions but impliments then in a way many people (including me) find unsatisfactory.
Recently there was a thread where I got infracted for reccomending a substance even though the OP said he was welcoming such suggestins and didnt mind feeling a little high. A few people commented on it as poor moderation and an unfair infraction, I awaited his response on the subject but it seems he deleted the thread entirely which I can only assume is to save face and I find this to be a typical case of where refault goes wrong.
I'd say his ego is the main thing affecting his moderatin in a negative way, he cant seem to take any form of critisism and a lot of his decisions to delete/ban/infract are fueled by personal issues with what was said or the person who said it.
I think demodding him would be the best thing for him, he seems to have an ego complex which when combined with the power to opress other peoples speech and silence them completely is dangerous for the well being of a forum. Perhaps being just another member like us might help his head to deflate a little bit.

refault
[M] shit-stain, w/ diplomatic immunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Susan View Post
I think refault has mostly good intentions but impliments then in a way many people (including me) find unsatisfactory.
Recently there was a thread where I got infracted for reccomending a substance even though the OP said he was welcoming such suggestins and didnt mind feeling a little high. A few people commented on it as poor moderation and an unfair infraction, I awaited his response on the subject but it seems he deleted the thread entirely which I can only assume is to save face and I find this to be a typical case of where refault goes wrong.
I'd say his ego is the main thing affecting his moderatin in a negative way, he cant seem to take any form of critisism and a lot of his decisions to delete/ban/infract are fueled by personal issues with what was said or the person who said it.
I think demodding him would be the best thing for him, he seems to have an ego complex which when combined with the power to opress other peoples speech and silence them completely is dangerous for the well being of a forum. Perhaps being just another member like us might help his head to deflate a little bit.

This coming from a troll, lol.

Oh, and I'm open to criticism. Constructive criticism. Not criticism because I don't like refault criticism.