Vienge
FULL BLOWN WIENER!

sounds like a real war

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky73770
stuff

2 xl boosters? You don't have the grid for that. If you meant 2 large boosters, it's still an odd setup. But, if it works for missions, more power to ya. However, that's still npc'ing. That's a ferox I would love to come across in my geddon though. I think you'd be lucky to kill my shields before you pop, never mind the 16k of armor plus damage control backed structure. I'm not trying to say that a bc should be able to stand up to a bs in a one on one fight but rather that they fight so poorly against them.

And your sniping setup? You can do exactly the same thing in a moa. Unless of course you actually fit the 5th rail.

Overall, you can get away with using a bc for low sec piracy, but it's weak combat for the most part. You're ganking people who aren't looking for a fight. You take a bc into 0.0 and you're going home in a pod most nights.

Munky73770

What I meant by level for is the level for the battlecruiser

Yeah sorry, I meant large shield boosters. Sure, ganking might be 'weak' combat, but hey thats how I make my money...forcing people to fight or just killing them... the other day my corp ransomed an obelisk for 500 mil. Its not very often that we get a freighter into low sec...the only other one I have seen is a providence that we killed for shits and giggles cuz the pilot refused to pay up. Too bad they dont drop loot yet... I bet that fucker had some nice crap in it.

For 0.0 I stick to recons or a bs.

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky73770
What I meant by level for is the level for the battlecruiser

Yeah sorry, I meant large shield boosters. Sure, ganking might be 'weak' combat, but hey thats how I make my money...forcing people to fight or just killing them... the other day my corp ransomed an obelisk for 500 mil. Its not very often that we get a freighter into low sec...the only other one I have seen is a providence that we killed for shits and giggles cuz the pilot refused to pay up. Too bad they dont drop loot yet... I bet that fucker had some nice crap in it.

For 0.0 I stick to recons or a bs.

Well, not just ganking, low sec combat in general. I'm not saying it's lame or anything, just that it's not as good of an indication of a ship's combat abilities as 0.0 fighting since the enemy you're up against is usually not prepared.

I would love nothing more than for bcs to get the boost they so badly need - I'd love to fly one then; something with a bit more survivability of a cruiser, but can also do some damage. As it stands, cruisers are a better option against bs.

Congrats on the ransom. No sympathy for the guy that is dumb enough to put an investment like that at risk when it's so easily avoidable.

Randuin
I'm a attention whoring little turd that wanted a title really badly so here it is. I also like to m

I'd much rather something agile and flexible for a low-sec ganker.

On the note of insane tanks... Assault Frigates

Vienge.
Vienge
FULL BLOWN WIENER!

disaster...well almost

I had just finished the tech secrets missions and was feeling quite proud of myself, then I came back to illegal acitivity...

on the up side I finished the first part...

on the downside I lost my Omen in the process

Luckily I didn't lose all my mods/cargo though and I was insured.

But it's cool, I'm learning more and more about the game everytime and getting closer to being experienced enough to finally go into lowsec space.

anyway I just gotta learn to turn down those harder lvl2 missions because otherwise I was fine. Even beat down a mission with 3 cruisers. ah well.

think I'll try a combination of mining/roid ratting tomorrow see how that goes.

Exhibit
NEWTITLE NEWTITLENE WTITLENEWTITLENEW TITLENEWTITLEN EWTITLENEWTITLEN EWTITLENE WTITL

Just read this on digg.

http://mmorpg.qj.net/Biggest-scam-in...g/49/aid/62826

Incase the site doesn't work.

Quote:
Most EVE Online players probably heard about the GHSC infiltration incident, when a group of agents worked for one of the most successful corporations in the game, spending over a year undercover to gain the trust of the members, who eventually granted them access to the corp hangars. What followed was one of the most incredible heists in MMORPG history, as the group stole over 30 billion ISK from the corporation as well as destroying the leader's ships and escape pods.

The community uproar was big and sparked one of the most interesting debates in regard to MMOs: In a fully open-ended game, with a player-driven economy and politics, should the developers step in and intervene when extreme things like this happen? Make no mistake, as cool as it sounds for outsiders and while the victims weren't innocents either, the work of GHSC ruined the efforts of many gamers who spent hundreds and thousands of hours in EVE trying to build up wealth and technology.

Now the community has barely had time to calm down and here it is, the next incident that easily surpasses the numbers GHSC achieved with their heist. It's the story of a guy named "cally", who ran a corporation, a player-operated bank called "Eve Intergalactic Bank". Over the course of four months, hundreds of players deposited money in his bank, which offered interest, loans and insurance like every other ordinary bank. Except for the fact that one day, cally decided to grab all the money that was deposited and fly off to space with an alleged total sum of 790 billion Isk. In real life, this would translate to \$170,000 - quite possibly the biggest MMO scam ever conducted.

Not only that, he also took the time to record a video in which he confesses his crimes, makes fun of the community, and reveals that he is a pirate, who once held the highest bounty in the game.

No doubt this event will once again make the rounds on mainstream gaming sites as well, and it's time for your opinion on this. Do you think scams like this one make the game more compelling and more realistic? Or is it just a punch in the face for all the gamers just wanting to have fun, an unnecessary display of ego by someone who perhaps isn't successful in real life? We're very interested in your comments.
Anyone care to explain this to someone who doesn't play EVE? Looks pretty damn interesting

-Edit

Ohh I get it, at first I thought it was a story, but its just something that happened on some RP server?

Last edited by Exhibit; 08-30-2006 at 08:53 AM..

Proxenos of Torpedoes

Yeah some lucky assholes stole some chumps' money.

Macktheknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit
Just read this on digg.

Anyone care to explain this to someone who doesn't play EVE? Looks pretty damn interesting

-Edit

Ohh I get it, at first I thought it was a story, but its just something that happened on some RP server?

Well, there's only one EVE server. So it affected a lot of people.

Vienge.
Vienge
FULL BLOWN WIENER!

Quote:
Just read this on digg.

-Edit

EVE is one big server. But people do tend to get into their roles. There's ransoming (where you basically threaten to destroy a player if he doesn't pay you), raids, ore stealing, all the kind of stuff you'd expect from a setting with pirates.

and yes, there are scammers. And it's basically tolerated. You have to watch your ass.

The Internet
Invented by Bob Dole. Get of Bob Dole's internet. Bob Dole Comands it. Bob Dole

It is an open-ended game so i think the devs should just leave it be, seeing as it hasn't hurt anybody outside of the game. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who got hit though.
5bb111fc1aa058e1283875b86b1a571c

Kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienge.
There's ransoming (where you basically threaten to destroy a player if he doesn't pay you),
That's what I do.

Exhibit
NEWTITLE NEWTITLENE WTITLENEWTITLENEW TITLENEWTITLEN EWTITLENEWTITLEN EWTITLENE WTITL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienge.
EVE is one big server. But people do tend to get into their roles. There's ransoming (where you basically threaten to destroy a player if he doesn't pay you), raids, ore stealing, all the kind of stuff you'd expect from a setting with pirates.

and yes, there are scammers. And it's basically tolerated. You have to watch your ass.

Really? This game is starting to sound more and more interesting lol. I've never played it, but I might give it a go.

Malakai

Quote:
Just read this on digg.

-Edit

As previously stated, there's only one Eve server, called Tranquility (it's actually one of the larger server clusters in the world, especially since everything serverside was upgraded to full dual core 64-bit a64 platform). Our total peak concurrent users has reached or beaten 28,000, it gets higher and higher each week. Note that the recent infrastructure upgrade they did ensures they can handle many more, even the old hardware handed 20k+ very well...
Anyway, so anything that happens in eve affects everybody, there are no 'rp servers' or even rp rules. ANYTHING goes in eve, you can do whatever you want. In the center of the galaxy, the major NPC empires (the amarr empire, the caldari state, the gallente federation, and the minmatar republic) keep rule and enforce peace (under most circumstances, in most systems). But all the rest of the galaxy is open, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. While pirates rape people for isk and equipment in one area, and bankers and investors play with their money and scammers take it from them, massive player created-maintained-controlled alliances trade, fight, and ally between themselves in pursuit of various goals. These goals can be anything like to be the best pvpers, mercenaries, to be feared, to be an economic powerbase, or to start real empires rivaling NPC empires themselves. Anything goes
The coolest thing, a point that is often emphasized by articles about these scams, is that CCP as an entity stays out of the way of the players. If you want to sell game money for real money, go ahead! If you want to sell game time cards for in game money (ISK, interstellar credits), go for it! CCP understands that they need to stay completely out of player affairs in order to replecate a simulation of real life in their game. Situations like these massive scams are exactly my point, stuff like this happens in real life all the time, but never before in a game because it's "bad" and devs stop it. Cause if they don't, investing becomes very dangerous, as well as potentially profitable. Sounds like real life, right?

Ok I'm done with my little essay. CCP takes lots and lots of people, sticks them in a huge galaxy of their creation with spaceships and jumpgates and asteroids, and lets them do what they want. In turn, a galactic economy formed, groups formed (corperations and alliances), and life ensued. People get rich, then get poor. They get powerful only to be crushed back down again. Some people work within the rules, and some lie cheat and steal to get what they want. CCP is almost completely removed from the game and the market. Just about every item in the game is manufactured, seeded throughout the galaxy, and sold by the players. Building tech1 stuff is pretty easy, all comes from minerals you mine from asteroids. Tech2 production is so complicated there are multiple large alliances dedicated to it.

So join in and have fun, the learning curve is pretty steep through. It's not an action game first, it's a sim. The most realistic and intense one ever created I'd say. There just happens to be lots and lots of action in it, whether you look for it or find it on your doorstep.

Don't forget at least one, usually two, expansions CCP releases every year that cost you NOTHING. Nor does the game itself cost you anything. They aren't small expansions either, they are constantly overhauling and adding to the game to make things more natural and interesting. I'm playing for a full year now and I've only experienced a few ways to play the game. There are hundreds of other things I could be doing as well.

Last edited by Malakai; 08-30-2006 at 04:27 PM..

Randuin
I'm a attention whoring little turd that wanted a title really badly so here it is. I also like to m

Actually Singularity is the test server, the one server is called Tranquility, the rest is pretty accurate though.