General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

goatlord

Lesson learned for today:

Carry a goddamn warp stabilizer; otherwise, some prick in a battleship is gonna come pick you off after you kill those two BC rats.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatlord
Lesson learned for today:

Carry a goddamn warp stabilizer; otherwise, some prick in a battleship is gonna come pick you off after you kill those two BC rats.

What were you in?

Kenshin

So I went into a system with my alt last night to pick up a bunch of equipment from my main (who couldn't get there anymore because of his sec status). It's a 0.3 system but it's entirely surrounded by 0.6 and 0.7s. It's also got an ice field with glare crust. Basicly, if it was any other system, it'd be pirate heaven, but we can't get there.

Naturally the locals there have rather big heads because of this and think they are hot shit.

So my alt is in my corp as well, and as soon as she docks one of the locals yells out in local my alt's name and location. I reply "yep, that's me!"

Then the smack starts. Like laid on thick we-hate-your-corp-and-you full on smacktalk. I had no idea who these people were, so I asked in TeamSpeak.

Turns out this is the same corp who, when a few of our pilots caught one of their Cyclones, the pilot ejected and warped off. Of course our guys promptly boarded it, docked at the nearest station, stripped it, and sold everything, much to the enragement of the idiot and his corp, who proceed to smacktalk and station camp for the next hour or so.

Anyways, they start camping my alt (a 1-month old character flying a Maulus) in this station, which of course I find hilarious. They are talking all big "bet you're too scared to come out and fight us huh?" I reply "I'm in a tech 1 frigate." A two-year-old character says "Come on, I'll get in a t1 frigate too and we'll do a 1v1." Uh huh. Yeah. Besides the fact that arranged 1v1s in this game are stupid, the age difference is just silly. On the other hand...

I proceed to undock in my Maulus, with nothing in the cargo hold. There's a scorpion and blackbird waiting outside the station. The scorp immediately locks and fires a volley of cruise missiles, and the station guns start lighting him up, so he warps off as I dock to avoid the cruise missiles. I think wonder how stupid the BB pilot is, so I undock again.

Meanwhile, I've been having a pleasant and lighthearted conversation with someone I've hunted before (but haven't caught yet) who thinks this whole thing is hilarious and is laughing at these guys. He warps to the station to watch the fireworks.

I lock the BB and just sit there next to the station, then alt-tab over to my main character to check on whatever it was I was doing. I alt-tab back and... what the fuck? Just in time to see a pretty blue explosion as the station guns rip the blackbird to shreds.

The guy I was bantering with starts laughing at these idiots in local while I thank them kindly for the donation of all the tech II equipment in the blackbird (not a lot of valuble stuff but it was all t2).

They then proceed to smacktalk my alt (who is just docked in a station) for the next hour or so, threatening wardecs and everything.

Good times.

goatlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin

What were you in?
My Thorax... 10 million for fittings and a new ride is a lot of money for me.

Ah well, lessons learned... good thing I've got the cash to rebuild.

Good story, heh. How much does a blackbird run?

OmegaAquinas

BB is about 4-5ish, I believe. Not very survivable, but not a bad EW platform if you have the skills.

Of course, it loses effectiveness rapidly if you aggro sentry guns.

OmegaAquinas

BTW--if anyone is in a pirate corp and needs ships delivered to lowsec, we do that too

Kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatlord
My Thorax... 10 million for fittings and a new ride is a lot of money for me.

Ah well, lessons learned... good thing I've got the cash to rebuild.

Good story, heh. How much does a blackbird run?
Also, don't fit WCS to combat ships, you're only gimping your setup, and it's a false sense of security. I warp into the belt with a Lachesis and get 3+ points on you and you're still fracked.

The best thing you can do is watch local and keep an eye on your 360 degree scanners. If you see someone suspicious appear in the system, start scanning. The only time this doesn't work is if they are in a force recon such as a Pilgrim or Arazu and can warp around cloaked, but not a whole lot of people do solo piracy in them.

Situational awareness is 100% better than gimping your ship setup to mount WCS. WCS are for traveling.

Kenshin

Since Munky did it, I will as well:

If people are interested in joining a corp that does both industry and low-sec piracy/privateering (you really won't find anything else like us out there) send me an evemail ingame (Ryle). We've got a great group at the moment and are always looking for more good people. We have a NBSI policy (not-blue-shoot-it) and encourage ransoming. In terms of industry we've got some strong industrial directors and of course you have the cover of people doing piracy runs around you.

We are not in 0.0 nor do we have any plans to be, many of the older players in the corp spent >2 years in Fountain from 2003-2005 and don't really have an interest in going back at the moment.

Randuin
I'm a attention whoring little turd that wanted a title really badly so here it is. I also like to m

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyvan
He sold several t2 bpos in his time and carebeared like fuck.

You'd be surprised how rich some of the people on eve are.

Okay, Rich may be, but not 600 bil rich.

Kenshin

Whee, just finished Recon 4, now my Lachesis can get one warp scramble point on at 36km and two more points on at 13km.

Now if I wanted to blow the money on faction scramblers...

McDeth

My Curse owns all. I was about ready to take on a Cerberus/Brutix/Stabber gatecamp with a small gang, and me tanking it with 3 multispecs/1 tracking disruptor, but someone jumped the gun right as I came out of warp and ruined it

McDeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin
Also, don't fit WCS to combat ships, you're only gimping your setup, and it's a false sense of security. I warp into the belt with a Lachesis and get 3+ points on you and you're still fracked.

The best thing you can do is watch local and keep an eye on your 360 degree scanners. If you see someone suspicious appear in the system, start scanning. The only time this doesn't work is if they are in a force recon such as a Pilgrim or Arazu and can warp around cloaked, but not a whole lot of people do solo piracy in them.

Situational awareness is 100% better than gimping your ship setup to mount WCS. WCS are for traveling.

And s who fly fagabonds, and faggolypses (Apocolypse), and fagvens (Ravens)

Man warp core stabs are for FAGS, don't you get it?

Munky73770

lol fagabond... i usually call em vaginabonds myself

Lewism1987
High 5, down low, 2 slow!

this thread makes me want to start playing again any corp want to take on a nooblet

Kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewism1987
this thread makes me want to start playing again any corp want to take on a nooblet
See my post or Munky's post a few posts up.