General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

2slow
Whatsisname
I'm a pederast. 12yr old boys turn me on!

i havent been talking about heart as in the organ that pumps blood. When you finally wake up and realize who you are you'll know what the fuck im talking about. Meanwhile i have to go to class soon so i'll be ready to bitch some more later.

Quote:
Originally posted by daggerdragon
Come on, you bastard, respond to this!!! Or can't you because you know I'm right?
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

RMS of the [M] GNU\Linux Krew 2006

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vigilante
daggerdragon
If you let me suck your cock, I'll give you my my USAir miles PS I

Quote:
Originally posted by infix
devil's advocate...
Then where does said "love" reside? Brain? Heart? Blood cells? Floating around in your body? WHERE. Proof.

Vigilante
daggerdragon

Show me the organ that translates external symbols of love into feeling.

Entmoof~
"At least your dick isn't skinny"--Hootbot

Quote:
Originally posted by Whatsisname
i havent been talking about heart as in the organ that pumps blood. When you finally wake up and realize who you are you'll know what the fuck im talking about. Meanwhile i have to go to class soon so i'll be ready to bitch some more later.
you're just an idiot, go to class, learn some facts.

2slow
Whatsisname

not the sensors in the eyes, ears, hands, tounge, or nose, which is what the argument starter basically said. I didnt mean to say that the blood pumping organ sorts that sort of data out

Quote:
Show me the organ that translates external symbols of love into feeling.
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

The Plague

Brain I say. Precisely why when people have brain/nerve damage they're not capabale of much compared to people who are fully funcitioning. kthx.

2slow
Whatsisname

ok all you jerks. tell me what this means:

why dont people use a fucking brain smiley instead! jeez get your heads out of your asses and think like a human being for once, not like a machine.
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Nano

Quote:
Originally posted by The Plague
Brain I say. Precisely why when people have brain/nerve damage they're not capabale of much compared to people who are fully funcitioning. kthx.

That's not totally true. People are quite capable of anything even with severe brain damage ( Ever know anyone thats lost half their brain? ). The brain will replace the lost parts by adapting other parts to handle what the lost parts used to. Obviously, some people can't recover from severe brain damage fully, or at all. Also, the younger you are when your brain gets damaged, the better off, because your brain has much higher plasticity.

Vigilante
daggerdragon

BRAIN. BRAIN. EVERYTHING STARTS WITH THE FUCKING BRAIN! There is no figurative definition of "love" aside from eloquent words on paper! You don't FEEL words off a paper, you don't FEEL the "love" emanated by others, you don't FEEL anything from society as a whole until your fucking brain processes the fucking stimuli! We live in a little black bubble until our eyes send the upside-down image to the brain, our nose sends the smell molecules up to the brain, our fingers send little electric shocks up to the brain, sounds hitting our eardrums transmit to the brain, taste molecules transmit to the brain. You want love? There is no such thing until your brain perceives it as such.

Nano

Quote:
Originally posted by Whatsisname
ok all you jerks. tell me what this means:

why dont people use a fucking brain smiley instead! jeez get your heads out of your asses and think like a human being for once, not like a machine.

This is where symbolism comes into play. The heart is a symbol ( to us ) for love, not a heart ( as it's nothing like an actual heart anyway ), nor the feelings that our "heart" might entail. The point is that the "heart" doesn't exist; it's just your brain interpreting things. Understanding this doesn't stop anyone from loving or feeling, it just stops them from using symbolism to describe things that they actually understand.

2slow
Whatsisname

we're arguing different points right now actually

Quote:
BRAIN. BRAIN. EVERYTHING STARTS WITH THE FUCKING BRAIN! There is no figurative definition of "love" aside from eloquent words on paper! You don't FEEL words off a paper, you don't FEEL the "love" emanated by others, you don't FEEL anything from society as a whole until your fucking brain processes the fucking stimuli! We live in a little black bubble until our eyes send the upside-down image to the brain, our nose sends the smell molecules up to the brain, our fingers send little electric shocks up to the brain, sounds hitting our eardrums transmit to the brain, taste molecules transmit to the brain. You want love? There is no such thing until your brain perceives it as such.
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Vigilante
daggerdragon

So tell me, how the hell can God exist unless your brain conceives him by physical sight?

No we're not! That's my entire fucking point!

2slow
Whatsisname

i know. when i've been saying heart, i've been meaning that 'symbol', that symbolizes a persons 'whole sense'. A sense thats more than just touch, more that just hearing, sight, smell or taste. Yes, it occurs in the brain but thats not the point. Im talking about the sense someone has thats greater than your individual senses. The part that makes a person into a human being. Dont you guys get what I'm saying? Dont you get why someone would call someone else heartless?!?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nano
This is where symbolism comes into play. The heart is a symbol ( to us ) for love, not a heart ( as it's nothing like an actual heart anyway ), nor the feelings that our "heart" might entail. The point is that the "heart" doesn't exist; it's just your brain interpreting things. Understanding this doesn't stop anyone from loving or feeling, it just stops them from using symbolism to describe things that they actually understand.
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

infix

Quote:
Originally posted by Nano
nor does it have any relation to the point of this thread, because
Quote:
Originally posted by infix
i do agree that there is an "other" sense and that there are mechanisms at work in the universe that are not perceptible or identifiable in any way by humans, nor will ever be. i don't believe that this has anything to do with a divine or all-powerful entity though, because there's no reason to.

2slow
Whatsisname

shit gotta go be back in a few hours
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU