General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
your last sentence just described an enormous number of american soldiers
Wrong.

American soldiers have much more experience in the given subject than the original poster that is just an ignorant college kid. Pay attention before you post next time.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:44 AM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#136  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

R@$T@M@N
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
your first sentence seems to send the message that the goal is to perpetuate a cycle of violence
Only until one side is defeated in a war.
__________________
"ps3 graphics is rendered.." - umcpgrad
[M]ilitary [M]ayhem Club: Army ROTC
a50d804637ce1585f6651c00236e489a
Old 05-05-2006, 09:04 AM R@$T@M@N is offline  
Reply With Quote
#137  

flurby
I can't think for myself so I let the Democrats do it for me!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly
That reason panned out according to the UN.
http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...reaking_1.html

Holy misleading and wrong. They didn't conclude that he had a WMD program, just that things that have dual-use aren't accounted for.

The claims that Iraq had an active WMD program have not been proven correct and the fact that we can't find any evidence in the whole damn country, comes closer to proving that they did NOT have one. Try again.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:55 AM flurby is offline  
Reply With Quote
#138  

matt00926
baaaaaa
 
matt00926's Avatar
 
My friend is an active marine in infantry and is currently in Iraq. He joined the marines in high school which was before we invaded Iraq. Going to Iraq was just speculation it wasn't a sure thing at the time. I can understand not supporting those who are just going to shoot iraqi's. I can understand not supporting those that join now knowing that they may be going to Iraq, and just being a part of Bush's plan. The thing i do respect is some are joining and going to Iraq to make a positive difference.

Those who are part of the reconstruction effort, or those who go on patrols to minimize violence to civilians, and make the effort to communicate and be respectful to the locals, I think should be respected.
__________________
cd09d75f80807fd8baa143b39fa895eb [pornmay.com]
Old 05-05-2006, 10:04 AM matt00926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#139  

Inf
I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.
 
Inf's Avatar
 
I can understand his point, although I don't approve most of it.
I can understand ROTC and supporting the troops. But I can see that some people have taken a fanatical anti-islamic/iraqi stance because of the war, and don't support the troops for their sake, but for the sake of revenge or something similarly idiotic.

Also, reading my old name's posts is still a little foreign to me.
__________________
5160c711eb1a1fb416cb296cfa30d3c6
R.O.A.D.H.E.A.D
Removing Overt Anger, Desensitisation, and Hatred by Exercising Appropriate Discourse
koala coalition ftw!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:31 AM Inf is offline  
Reply With Quote
#140  

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flurby
Holy misleading and wrong. They didn't conclude that he had a WMD program, just that things that have dual-use aren't accounted for.

The claims that Iraq had an active WMD program have not been proven correct and the fact that we can't find any evidence in the whole damn country, comes closer to proving that they did NOT have one. Try again.

The truth hurts, huh?

As the article says, the UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission informed the Security Council that Saddam possessed and shipped out WMD. Parts of those WMD have been found throughout Europe and the Middle East.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:42 AM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#141  

cockAZNsensation
 
cockAZNsensation's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly
That reason panned out according to the UN.
http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...reaking_1.html





no byline, crappy website, "SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM", etc

IF IT'S ON THE INTERNET IT MUST BE TRUE

Last edited by Inf; 05-05-2006 at 10:58 AM..
Old 05-05-2006, 10:55 AM cockAZNsensation is offline  
Reply With Quote
#142  

cockAZNsensation
 
cockAZNsensation's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt00926
Those who are part of the reconstruction effort, or those who go on patrols to minimize violence to civilians, and make the effort to communicate and be respectful to the locals, I think should be respected.

I have respect for some of our troops in Iraq now.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:56 AM cockAZNsensation is offline  
Reply With Quote
#143  

flurby
I can't think for myself so I let the Democrats do it for me!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly
The truth hurts, huh?

As the article says, the UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission informed the Security Council that Saddam possessed and shipped out WMD. Parts of those WMD have been found throughout Europe and the Middle East.

Uhhh, holy retard you are. This hasn't been confirmed in the least and 'parts of WMD'. Holy crap, I found a piece of wire, it MUST be from a nuke! This is a lame attempt even on your part. Sure am glad this website caught this.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:00 AM flurby is offline  
Reply With Quote
#144  

matt00926
baaaaaa
 
matt00926's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf
I have respect for some of our troops in Iraq now.
is that only the ones who joined before they knew they would be sent to iraq? or for the above mentions i listed as well?
__________________
cd09d75f80807fd8baa143b39fa895eb [pornmay.com]
Old 05-05-2006, 12:34 PM matt00926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#145  

nitefallz
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf
I do not support you.

But I shouldn't say these things. These people are fighting for my right not to support them. They are risking their lives for me.

The only way to stop our leaders from hiding behind "support the troops" is to stop supporting them. Make it known that you do not approve of their job.

Ingorance begets ignorance and you're a fucking idiot.

If it weren't for them you wouldn't have the right to even speak, so shut it. Your logic is inane. Example - Customer service. You call someone up to resolve a problem with your cellphone bill or something similar, and they don't "satisfy" your demands. Do you take it out on the person who's assisting you? Why would you? Only idiots do that. Only ignorant fools like yourself don't realize the person helping you isn't the person who creates and enforces the policies. So you say get a new job, if only life were that easy. You're an ignorant kid who doesn't know how the real world works and don't have any facts, so don't speak.

You sound like one of those shit bags who joined the armed forces for any reason other than to fight, then when war loomed they all tried to bail out and cry "Oh I don't want to fight waaaaa".

The soldiers can't just say "fuck this, I quit" They have loyalty to their jobs and can't do shit to change anything.

Go back to serving coffee at starbucks you hippy bitch.
__________________
I hate you.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:06 PM nitefallz is offline  
Reply With Quote
#146  

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here
 
ApathyEcstasy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly
Wrong.

American soldiers have much more experience in the given subject than the original poster that is just an ignorant college kid. Pay attention before you post next time.

NO, YOU'RE WRONG
__________________
7.9%, Chinese growth has screeched to a halt! People
are going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to
fall!
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!
Old 05-05-2006, 02:41 PM ApathyEcstasy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#147  

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf


no byline, crappy website, "SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM", etc
It's funny how you did not show the actual page I linked to, because it shows the UN reported WMD were in Iraq.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:42 PM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#148  

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy

NO, YOU'RE WRONG
Lay off the caffine kiddo. Drink some water.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:43 PM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#149  

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefallz
(writing to Inf) Ingorance begets ignorance and you're a fucking idiot....
Yes, that's the general opinion of Inf to date.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:45 PM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#150  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.