General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLenin View Post
Sorry, you seem to be confusing 'assumption' and 'fact'. Like I said, infant mortality is 36% higher in the US than in the UK. Ron Paul wants even more of the same - so its not melodramatic to suggest he will kill babies if elected. The reason I focus on babies, is so that you can't claim they haven't worked hard enough, aren't 'rugged individuals' or any other of that American Dream . The only thing you could argue is that their parents haven't worked hard enough, and that line of reasoning can be logically reduced to good old fashion eugenics in short order.
Idiot. What exactly is he pushing for that kills babies?

You're a goddamn moron. UK IMR is 5.01, the US is 6.37.
Quote:

He wants to take an action that will alleviate the tax burden on rich families by depriving poor families of healthcare. Social Darwinism, pure and simple. Nazism is just the logical endpoint of social darwinism.
No it's not. You have no understanding of either concept if you believe that.
Quote:

As the UK is unlikely to be invaded AGAIN
fixed
Quote:

Can't find that particular link, but I have a feeling I know what they will say. And it doesn't matter, as the facts (American spends more per capita on healthcare than us dirty NHS-hugging commies, but has worse healthcare) speak for themselves.
I guess you don't realize that when we spend more per capita on health care part of the reason is that we are subsidizing the majority of the world's advances in medical science. America is the primary reason so much of the medical technologies even exist. An important facet of our expensive health care is the fact that the American market provides a large chunk of funding for research and development.

Last edited by SemperFly; 06-11-2007 at 01:46 PM..
Old 06-11-2007, 01:44 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#211  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLenin View Post
Its called a 'conclusion' - logical people often draw them from the information they have.You might want to look into it.
Still waitin' on ya to share that with me.

Quote:
Its all there, right in front of you font boy.


Quote:
Or maybe not financianced him in the first place?
Financianced?

Quote:
'liberalising' the private healthcare sector will take the US further in the direction it already is relative to the rest of the developed world. Therefore, more infant mortality. But in the fantasy world you and the CATO insitute occupy, its OK because the poor always make themselves such
Look here, you limey piece of shit. I don't shit on the poor, Ron Paul doesn't advocate shitting on the poor, and as long as our good-for-nothing left gets rewarded for saying one thing and doing fuck-all, your sorry-ass crumpet-eating excuse for a philandering--of-a-crown-prince, can't-even-produce-decent-goddamn-rock-and-roll anymore, neoconservative lapdog protectorate that WISHES it had as much balls as the French is going to do exactly what US business interests want it to. Fuck off.
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#212  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
so does anyone want to tell us why the czech republic, slovenia and liechtenstein have lower IMRs than the UK?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#213  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post
so does anyone want to tell us why the czech republic, slovenia and liechtenstein have lower IMRs than the UK?
*raises hand*

Al Gore?
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 PM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#214  

ZombieLenin
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post
Idiot. What exactly is he pushing for that kills babies?

You're a goddamn moron. UK IMR is 5.01, the US is 6.37.

Those numbers say its 27% higher, my source says 36%. Either way, I'd rather my child be born in a developed country like the UK.

Quote:
No it's not. You have no understanding of either concept if you believe that.
But strangely, you can't explain why. How is a system which determines a babies chance of survival based on its parents income not a social darwinist one?

Quote:
fixed
The Nazis never invaded us, idiot. We repelled them before you even showed up. Whilst you were investing in them, as a matter of fact.

Quote:
I guess you don't realize that when we spend more per capita on health care part of the reason is that we are subsidizing the majority of the world's advances in medical science. America is the primary reason so much of the medical technologies even exist. An important facet of our expensive health care is the fact that the American market provides a large chunk of funding for research and development.
Not significantly larger than the EU, and we don't screw over poor people doing it.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:53 PM ZombieLenin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#215  

ZombieLenin
 
OK, I tire of picking apart your pathetic jabs, so just answer this:

How is socialised healthcare bad when every developed country that has it, has better healthcare than America?

You can't argue with reality.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:54 PM ZombieLenin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#216  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLenin View Post
Those numbers say its 27% higher, my source says 36%. Either way, I'd rather my child be born in a developed country like the UK.
Retard. You lack perspective. You say 37% like it's some HUGE fucking difference.

Guess what? UK's infant mortality rate is 79% HIGHER THAN JAPAN'S ONOZ!!!!! EVERYBODY PANIC

Quote:
But strangely, you can't explain why. How is a system which determines a babies chance of survival based on its parents income not a social darwinist one?
Moron. You have no idea what social darwinism is or how it could possibly relate to naziism or how either one has anything at all to do with Ron Paul.

There is no system in the US that determines an infant's chance of survival on the income of the parents. Every pregnant mother in the US, including illegal aliens, can arrive at a hospital in labor and be given the exact same care any mother in the UK would be given. Infant mortality rates are not an indicator of a nation's overall health care system nor are they vastly different between our nations nor are they solely dictated by the health care system. Cultural factors have a lot to do with the issue as a whole.
Quote:
The Nazis never invaded us, idiot. We repelled them before you even showed up. Whilst you were investing in them, as a matter of fact.
dipshit. oh that's right, your government just signed a pussy agreement with good ole adolph appeasement is to much more honorable than unintentional financing through private commerce by an unaware population
Quote:
Not significantly larger than the EU, and we don't screw over poor people doing it.
Fucktard. Yes, significantly larger than the EU because not only are the majority of imaging technologies invented here but the vast majority of the pharmaceutical industry draws it's money from the American market.

And yes, you screw over the poor people doing it. You screw over EVERYONE by doing it because they have to wait six weeks to see a government doctor about a knee problem. Sorry son, lowering the standard of health care across the board does hurt the poor even if you want to sit there with your fingers in your ears and pretend otherwise.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:07 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#217  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post
*raises hand*

Al Gore?
you get a cookie
Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#218  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLenin View Post
OK, I tire of picking apart your pathetic jabs, so just answer this:

How is socialised healthcare bad when every developed country that has it, has better healthcare than America?

You can't argue with reality.
You don't have better health care than America.

Socialized health care is bad because it lowers the standard of care across the board to provide it for everyone. It lowers the quality of doctors because fewer ones will be motivated to become top notch physicians if they're going to get paid the same as the lousy ones (that's to say nothing of the ones that flock to the US from the UK and Canada looking for work in a tougher but more profitable market). You seem to think that making a person wait three months between appointments even if the physician determines that the patient needs to come back once a month is somehow "better health care". You're wrong, pumpkin.

I may not be able to argue with reality but at least I live in it.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:11 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#219  

ZombieLenin
 
Quote:
Socialized health care is bad because it lowers the standard of care across the board to provide it for everyone. It lowers the quality of doctors because fewer ones will be motivated to become top notch physicians if they're going to get paid the same as the lousy ones (that's to say nothing of the ones that flock to the US from the UK and Canada looking for work in a tougher but more profitable market). You seem to think that making a person wait three months between appointments even if the physician determines that the patient needs to come back once a month is somehow "better health care". You're wrong, pumpkin.
Except the stats prove that we do have better healthcare...

You can spout ideology until you are blue in the face. The numbers don't lie
Old 06-11-2007, 02:16 PM ZombieLenin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#220  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLenin View Post
OK, I tire of picking apart your pathetic jabs, so just answer this:

How is socialised healthcare bad when every developed country that has it, has better healthcare than America?

You can't argue with reality.
Better question, how would socialized healthcare in America not turn into a cesspool of corruption and incompetence? Put it this way: which federal organization in the Bush presidency can you point to and say, yeah, that was great with the GOP running it?

Our politics are largely influenced by businessmen who wouldn't give a drowning man a garden hose and people who think the Ten Commandments are a pretty neat idea. The closest thing we have to an opposition thinks selling Grant Theft Auto to a minor should be punishable by federal prison, and the world would be a better place if we all dropped acid and set up Gatorade stations to make human trafficking from Mexico easier.

I don't even mind you think you know what's best for us; opinions are like assholes. But it blows my fucking mind how fast you are to label the only guy preaching -- and practicing -- liberty, sanity, and reason A NAZI, without so much as the intellectual courage to provide a shred of evidence why he stands for what you say he does. Are you sure you don't want to quit your job and be a "liberal" anchor for Fox News? They would love you to fucking death.
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#221  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLenin View Post
Except the stats prove that we do have better healthcare...

You can spout ideology until you are blue in the face. The numbers don't lie

No, the "stats" do not prove that.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:21 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#222  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
wait, something just clicked. Hey, dipshit, are you a communist / socialist / Marxist / Leninist?
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 06-11-2007, 02:24 PM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#223  

ZombieLenin
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post
wait, something just clicked. Hey, dipshit, are you a communist / socialist / Marxist / Leninist?

No, I'm a pragmatist. We kill fewer babies.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:31 PM ZombieLenin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#224  

Themacabre
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLenin View Post
No, I'm a pragmatist. We kill fewer babies.
...than? Was that it? There is no way you kill fewer babies than my boys up in Guernsey. What about Macau? Did you forget about Macau?



How do you think it works over here?

Oh, I'm sorry...According to these papers you brought in you didn't quite make enough this year to qualify...so take your broken pelvis and get the hell out!

Is that what you think happens?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:47 PM Themacabre is offline  
Reply With Quote
#225  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.