General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
How about quit trying to convince me to use something incompatible that's not going to save me money? Not to mention, the KPRO uses the stock ecu case and wiring, it's plug and play engine management, but it's not a piggyback that adjusts the signals, you have full control over the entire ECU, and it gives me more options than megasquirt does. It's got launch control, boost by gear, anti-lag, all that crap, and my car will only be down for 2 days as opposed to however long it takes me to re-wire the engine bay for megasquirt. I'm not saying megasquirt is some cheezy crap, I'm saying it's not compatible with my engine. Plus, my car won't need a stand alone $300 wideband with the K-pro like I would with megasquirt.

I have looked into this and know what I'm doing, Tex.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, you arrogant ass, it was merely a suggestion. Sorry if your megamind is far too lofty to understand that, and be glad someone tried. Go fuck yourself, ricerboy.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mel View Post
I don't know full history of it, but my understanding is due to fuel economy. You have best of both worlds....economy when cruising...only running on 2 barrels....but if you step into it, they all open up filling the engine full of a bunch of pissed off fuel demons. Same concept of a 4 barrel carb. You have primaries and secondaries....when cruising with a 4 barrel, you are only running on 2 of the 4 barrels until you get on it, then the secondaries open up feeding more fuel and air to the engine. Its kind of a neat feeling actually...kind of feels like turbo lag. You really feel it when the secondaries open...our in my case the other 4 barrels of my front and back Carb s.

The other reason is that's syncing 3 carbs to operate as one is a complete pain in the ass and i don't want to fuck with that.

Ok i see. My only multi carb thing was my bike, a v4 honda with 4x keihins that all open the same time (each single bbl) Otherwise it was a single 2bbls or 4bbl, so no fuss.

J Mel

Well, I took the roadster and the new engine out on a shake-down run to a nostalgic drag and car show on Saturday. Had hesitation issues, and while noticibly more powerful than the 305, I had been a bit disappointed in the power output. Was better, but not by enough to justify the amount of money I spent on the new engine - expected much much more.

Put about 120 miles on it saturday. Then discussed it with my father-in-law Saturday night. He suggested I bring it by the shop. Turns out - I had the valves tightened down WAY too much. Got them set properly and sonovabitch - its a whole new animal. I took it around the block for the first time with a shit eating grin on my face stating that "ok, I like my new engine now". I had been thinking about swapping my .308 rear end for something a bit more aggressive and less friendly on gas....don't think I even need to do that now. Can burn the tread off my tires on just 2 barrels without having to even touch the secondaries.

Wished I had taken pictures/video at the car show and drag races. Didn't even bring my camera. Did take a quick vid on the way home passing a couple of friends I cruised in with, but thats it.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
I'm not trying to convince you of anything, you arrogant ass, it was merely a suggestion. Sorry if your megamind is far too lofty to understand that, and be glad someone tried. Go fuck yourself, ricerboy.

How do I control the VCT with megasquirt?

RazorWind

Quote:

Don't they have a version of the megasquirt that control VVT systems now?

The last time I looked at it was like a couple of years ago, and they were talking about the next version supporting that.

gribly

Lemmy66

Quote:

To be honest not to sure yet.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:

Admit it, you fucking cunt: you just got owned.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~