General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Jehannum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
Fucking how stupid are? Where did I say anything about a cold air intake?

Considering that's what the whole conversation has been about (intakes and Tex's retarded "noise regulations" resulting in an intake setup that loses 10-15% power over even modest aftermarket pieces), I'd have to turn that particular question back on your fat, stupid ass.

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Rancidpunk666

Well the noise regulation thing is true dumbass.

I can attest to having my car in a dyno before and after a cold air

110 whp factory 125 with cold air and 130 with exhaust

It's been over 7 years since this was done so go to hell I'm not going to post the dyno charts because I don't know whe they are because I lost Intrest in cars when I discovered motorcycles

What kind of engineer are you? The train engineer at santas workshop at the mall? Fucking get the fuck off the Internet moron
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

Jehannum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidpunk666 View Post
Well the noise regulation thing is true dumbass

No, it is not. Cite one that's violated by a fancy air intake, if you're so sure.

I'm an exascale supercomputing engineer, not some wrench monkey overweight fucktard that can't be bothered to follow a conversation.

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Speaking of getting annoyed, you seem like the type of person who corrects others when they call three of something a "couple" so let me spell it out for you - yes I know these cars require a tune, like any other turbo car ever with fuel injection along with larger injectors and a better pump and a larger radiator and intercooler etc - thanks for this ground breaking information.

Anyway you're so confused you're confusing me now. I was talking about the F10 M5, but threw the E90 M3 in there too for shits and gigs (guess I shouldn't have).

MH3 = M3, factory naturally aspirated, so yes they swap pistons to lower CR for boost, and in one of your links they swapped in an X6M motor. Which made 750 hp.

MH5 = F10 M5, factory twin turbo, they advertise a package with 750 hp on their website - no swap required (turbo engine is already in there) just the supporting mods + larger turbo as far as I can tell and you haven't proved me wrong either.

.....but yes the G8, a good value for the money and I'd rather have that than a lot of other cars. So well done.

You're not getting out of it with diversionary tactics. You stated the M3 had a turbo kit, it had an engine swap and a supercharger kit. You stated the M5 used a boost controller to make 750hp when it was an entire tuning package. You fail to realize just how many aftermarket parts are involved here, and what kinda work is involved. You don't have a goddamn CLUE what you are talking about, have never built an engine before or probably ever even changed a fucking fuel filter, you're a useless fucking internet bench racer, and I doubt you could even find the power steering pump on my Civic if I painted it pink and put a unicorn on it. Those engines in those tuned cars are very modified, one of them even swapped out for something else.

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
No, it is not. Cite one that's violated by a fancy air intake, if you're so sure.

I'm an exascale supercomputing engineer, not some wrench monkey overweight fucktard that can't be bothered to follow a conversation.

Noise. Car manufacturer's don't want intake noise. Every car like, ever has had some way to quiet the intake noise down, and I've never found one in pictures or real life that didn't cause restriction in flow along with lowering the noise.

gribly

Quote:
Only if you consider them as a percentage of total mustang sales ( including V6). Besides, a CAI doesn't increase noise to the extent you're implying.

Yes, yes they do. It is a different kind of noise, one that is not as pleasant as exhaust noise. That is why they want the intake quieter, to hear the exhaust.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Quote:
Speaking of getting annoyed, you seem like the type of person who corrects others when they call three of something a "couple" so let me spell it out for you - yes I know these cars require a tune, like any other turbo car ever with fuel injection along with larger injectors and a better pump and a larger radiator and intercooler etc - thanks for this ground breaking information.

Anyway you're so confused you're confusing me now. I was talking about the F10 M5, but threw the E90 M3 in there too for shits and gigs (guess I shouldn't have).

MH3 = M3, factory naturally aspirated, so yes they swap pistons to lower CR for boost, and in one of your links they swapped in an X6M motor. Which made 750 hp.

MH5 = F10 M5, factory twin turbo, they advertise a package with 750 hp on their website - no swap required (turbo engine is already in there) just the supporting mods + larger turbo as far as I can tell and you haven't proved me wrong either.

.....but yes the G8, a good value for the money and I'd rather have that than a lot of other cars. So well done.

Well the difference of a couple and three is not nearly as divided as 620bhp and 750bhp. The fact of the matter is you indicated that 750bhp is obtainable in an F10 M3 with only a 'boost controller'. No amount of 'you're being too specific' changes the fact that you were talking straight out of your bum.

I only referenced the MH3 as it is the ONLY credible source I could locate that listed an S63 motor (that is what comes in the X6M and M5 by the way) making 750bhp! The M5 has an increased compression (10:1 vs 9.3:1) ratio and adds Valvetronic (VVT) but is otherwise unchanged. This difference could mean some variance in power between two equally modified motors, but not much.

For reference:
The F10 M5 is equipped with a 4.4L (4,395 cc) S63B44(tü)
The F12/13 M6 is equipped with a 4.4L (4,395 cc) S63B44(tü)
the E71 X6M is equipped with 4.4L (4,395 cc) S63B44

You're still wrong as it still takes massive amounts of parts, labor and money to accomplish 750bhp out of the M5 and not 'just a boost controller'. Even if you apply a liberal perspective to include ECU reprogramming, you are still about 130bhp shy of your claim as per everything promoted online by Manhart.

Quote:
Let me know when you are an actual engineer. If I (actual engineer here) turned in a project that left a full 15% performance on the table, I'd be fired, and rightly so.

Like you, I am in the field of engineering, outside of the specializations related to automotive/product design. I've been a network engineer in the telecom industry since 2008; prior to this role I spent four years within an engineering firm as their network administrator in addition to assisting with product design as a design-drafter. I did not make decisions in the design-process, but I certainly experienced the environment and the compromises that were made that from an outsider's perspective would seem illogical. 'Less than ideal' is often the reality of any ME/EE product design when the sole interest of the engineer and an unlimited budget are not part of the equation. Being a computer engineer does not give you an overwhelming understanding of mechanical engineering or for that matter product design goals for more than a niche market.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
You're not getting out of it with diversionary tactics. You stated the M3 had a turbo kit, it had an engine swap and a supercharger kit. You stated the M5 used a boost controller to make 750hp when it was an entire tuning package. You fail to realize just how many aftermarket parts are involved here, and what kinda work is involved. You don't have a goddamn CLUE what you are talking about, have never built an engine before or probably ever even changed a fucking fuel filter, you're a useless fucking internet bench racer, and I doubt you could even find the power steering pump on my Civic if I painted it pink and put a unicorn on it. Those engines in those tuned cars are very modified, one of them even swapped out for something else.

Gotcha, you're an angry ignorant redneck assclown. I should end it there but I'll give it one last shot maybe something will penetrate that thick manure filled neanderthal skull of yours.

TEX SAID HE LIKES WHEN CARS "LEAVE SOMETHING ON THE TABLE" - I SAID WITH MOST CARS GOING FI YOU GET THAT BENEFIT

New M5 motor has been modded to 750 hp, fucking deal with it. Stop desperately trying to restructure my argument into how hard or expensive it is to mod the M5 or any other turbo car. You up the boost, you get more power. Any mental midget (even you) knows you need supporting mods to do it. I don't give a shit that I called it a boost controller, and they call it a "tuning package"

Ps. Oh yea you're a real fucking "engine builder" Or just another pussy honda fag trying to be "technically correct" on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post

I only referenced the MH3 as it is the ONLY credible source I could locate that listed an S63 motor (that is what comes in the X6M and M5 by the way) making 750bhp! The M5 has an increased compression (10:1 vs 9.3:1) ratio and adds Valvetronic (VVT) but is otherwise unchanged. This difference could mean some variance in power between two equally modified motors, but not much.

Okay so that engine makes 750, in one chassis or another, jesus fucking christ. Can we end this now? They list that as a figure on their website and I don't see any reason to think they are lying. As these cars become more popular I'll shove the articles in your face as they come along. I already saw one of them hitting 850, just can't find the damn link. (edit: that is with more than just software obv)

Last edited by lollersk8s; 01-20-2013 at 04:55 PM..

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

680 WHP (what do you figure the crank HP is?)
840 Nm Trq

Modifications:
ECU - Catbacks - Downpipe

I'm sorry to trivialize such complex mods as software and exhaust as a "boost controller" - it was very wrong of me to do so, when the anal-retentive squad is out in full force

gribly

Quote:
Gotcha, you're an angry ignorant redneck assclown. I should end it there but I'll give it one last shot maybe something will penetrate that thick manure filled neanderthal skull of yours.

TEX SAID HE LIKES WHEN CARS "LEAVE SOMETHING ON THE TABLE" - I SAID WITH MOST CARS GOING FI YOU GET THAT BENEFIT

New M5 motor has been modded to 750 hp, fucking deal with it. Stop desperately trying to restructure my argument into how hard or expensive it is to mod the M5 or any other turbo car. You up the boost, you get more power. Any mental midget (even you) knows you need supporting mods to do it. I don't give a shit that I called it a boost controller, and they call it a "tuning package"

Ps. Oh yea you're a real fucking "engine builder" Or just another pussy honda fag trying to be "technically correct" on the internet.

So am I an angry ignorant redneck assclown, or a pussy honda fag? I'm pretty sure one can't be both. Call me a pussy Honda fag and not a real engine builder if you want, but I'm not sure what the brand of car I drive has to do with how much I know about cars, or how many cars I've rebuilt or completely redone.

Nobody is arguing that it's pretty easy to take an already turbocharged car and up the wick a bit. Tex wasn't arguing against that. No, what people are arguing against here is that you don't know what you're talking about and are making yourself sound even dumber than you did before. I'm not the one trying to be technically correct, I'm just pointing out that you are way out on left field.

Are still trying to argue that the car is using just a boost controller? I'm not trying to restructure any sort of argument. If you really are that unaware of what it takes to modify a car then so be it, but quit trying to sound smart. They are doing FAR MORE than just upping the boost with supporting mods, but I don't think you're capable of understanding that horsepower isn't simply increased by upping intake pressure and fuel flow.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
So am I an angry ignorant redneck assclown, or a pussy honda fag? I'm pretty sure one can't be both. Call me a pussy Honda fag and not a real engine builder if you want, but I'm not sure what the brand of car I drive has to do with how much I know about cars, or how many cars I've rebuilt or completely redone.

Nobody is arguing that it's pretty easy to take an already turbocharged car and up the wick a bit. Tex wasn't arguing against that. No, what people are arguing against here is that you don't know what you're talking about and are making yourself sound even dumber than you did before. I'm not the one trying to be technically correct, I'm just pointing out that you are way out on left field.

Are still trying to argue that the car is using just a boost controller? I'm not trying to restructure any sort of argument. If you really are that unaware of what it takes to modify a car then so be it, but quit trying to sound smart. They are doing FAR MORE than just upping the boost with supporting mods, but I don't think you're capable of understanding that horsepower isn't simply increased by upping intake pressure and fuel flow.

Wow you ARE both, you just blew my mind.

And yes a tune and exhaust is what I mean when I say "with a boost controller" - there's a mechanism that controls boost, you alter it. Sue me?

...or as they call it a "tuning package" or whatever, I'll use those words now.

Ps. fine - I couldn't find your power steering pump if you paid me etc, let's get back to plastic intakes and his pontiac

Last edited by lollersk8s; 01-20-2013 at 06:35 PM..

gribly

I also think you need to brush up on your german or how to read a dyno if you think that is wheel horsepower. That car makes 534 WHP.

gribly

Quote:
Wow you ARE both, you just blew my mind.

And yes a tune and exhaust is what I mean when I say "with a boost controller" - there's a mechanism that controls boost, you alter it. Sue me?

...or as they call it a "tuning package" or whatever

Seeing as how you're referring to a specific part that is NOT added to that car as it can already control it's boost pressure on it's own just fine by adjusting the ECU, yes, you are still wrong, and no, that is not what you originally meant. Exhaust it something altogether in it's own. You still don't understand that?

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
I also think you need to brush up on your german or how to read a dyno if you think that is wheel horsepower. That car makes 534 WHP.

Nein sprechen deutsch, first video that came up

Still an example of getting more out of a premium car with a "tuning package"

Seems like Ford is going FI with a lot of models too, no?

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Seeing as how you're referring to a specific part that is NOT added to that car as it can already control it's boost pressure on it's own just fine by adjusting the ECU, yes, you are still wrong, and no, that is not what you originally meant. Exhaust it something altogether in it's own. You still don't understand that?

And a CVS adhesive bandage isn't a BandAid, yes. I guess I can't stand it when people say "Rims" either.