General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
It should be way more intense.

Like an RSX costs $77 to register. A massive SUV should cost $1000, a scooter should be free.

Why should a truck that only weighs 50% more than a 4 door passenger car cost 13 times more to register?

PS: I used my "massive SUV" to haul 50 saplings weighing 100-120 pounds a piece today.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Why should a truck that only weighs 50% more than a 4 door passenger car cost 13 times more to register?

PS: I used my "massive SUV" to haul 50 saplings weighing 100-120 pounds a piece today.

Starting a tree farm?

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
Starting a tree farm?

more fodder for our crazy neighbor war.

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:

more fodder for our crazy neighbor war.

Don't mess with him he has kevlar sooper hay

pyramid

Just for funsies...

LOOK, ITS A GIANT EARTH RAPING SUV...

but... it's hauling trees to be planted...

OMG, DIO IS SO CONFLICTED.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
Don't mess with him he has kevlar sooper hay

the crazy fuck was firing some sort of elephant gun out of his upstairs window towards our driveway the other day.

Cops were called.

/fun fun fun.

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
the crazy fuck was firing some sort of elephant gun out of his upstairs window towards our driveway the other day.

Cops were called.

/fun fun fun.

Motherfuckers know how to party in the woods. Can I come over, I'm bored?

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Just for funsies...

LOOK, ITS A GIANT EARTH RAPING SUV...

but... it's hauling trees to be planted...

OMG, DIO IS SO CONFLICTED.

It feels so right, it can't be wrong

You, at least, have a giant property which should have a truck somewhere on it for landscaping and other needs. Also you have a fast, comfortable car for the rest of the time.

It's the urban-cowboys who commute in their trucks to go stuff promotional material into envelopes at some company or another that need to realize the drawbacks of their image choice.

Quote:

Cops were called.

/fun fun fun.

What the fuck? I missed all this drama, cliffs plz?

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post

That's the future right there. Impact resistant plastics, light weight, good brakes and handling etc. Safer, cleaner, cheaper and all that good stuff.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
That's the future right there. Impact resistant plastics, light weight, good brakes and handling etc. Safer, cleaner, cheaper and all that good stuff.

Safe. Definitely.

Unless you hit a Taco Bell head on or get t-boned by an 18-wheeler I would think you could survive ANY type of crash in this thing, unscathed.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
Safe. Definitely.

Unless you hit a Taco Bell head on or get t-boned by an 18-wheeler I would think you could survive ANY type of crash in this thing, unscathed.

Light weight works both ways, in case you have never taken physics. If you're in a 6,000lb pickup when you hit a taco bell at 50mph, you have a hell of a lot more energy to dissipate than something weighing 1,000lbs at 50 mph. In an extreme case where you hit a concrete wall, or bridge pillar or something that has no give you want to be in the lightest most rigid thing possible.

Also let's say you are sitting stationary in a light vehicle with a strong cage. The proverbial 18 wheeler would push the car when it hits more than a heavier car which doesn't want to move. The heavier car will then crumple more before it begins to move. Regardless, if more cars on the road were lighter this becomes less relevant.

Weight =/= safety. Light and rigid = safety.

pyramid

Quote:
It's the urban-cowboys who commute in their trucks to go stuff promotional material into envelopes at some company or another that need to realize the drawbacks of their image choice.

If you saw me driving through portland in my shiny red truck before I picked up the trees, you might think I was an urban cowboy douche canoe as well.

I'm not saying there aren't urban cowboys who don't really need their trucks. I'm just saying, you can't always tell.

And not everyone can afford to have multiple cars for different uses. Those stupid trucks aren't cheap. To replace our dually with a new one with the same options would be around $60-65k.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
If you saw me driving through portland in my shiny red truck before I picked up the trees, you might think I was an urban cowboy douche canoe as well.

I'm not saying there aren't urban cowboys who don't really need their trucks. I'm just saying, you can't always tell.

And not everyone can afford to have multiple cars for different uses. Those stupid trucks aren't cheap. To replace our dually with a new one with the same options would be around $60-65k.

Which is why I paid my local nursery to deliver. Home Depot delivers too. If planting trees and hauling junk isn't something you do every day, the $60 delivery fee is a small price to pay compared to the fuel you'd waste all year round daily driving some dually. Not to mention the shitty performance compared to your audi, lack of comfort and all that.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Light weight works both ways, in case you have never taken physics. If you're in a 6,000lb pickup when you hit a taco bell at 50mph, you have a hell of a lot more energy to dissipate than something weighing 1,000lbs at 50 mph. In an extreme case where you hit a concrete wall, or bridge pillar or something that has no give you want to be in the lightest most rigid thing possible.

Also let's say you are sitting stationary in a light vehicle with a strong cage. The proverbial 18 wheeler would push the car when it hits more than a heavier car which doesn't want to move. The heavier car will then crumple more before it begins to move. Regardless, if more cars on the road were lighter this becomes less relevant.

Weight =/= safety. Light and rigid = safety.

So, you're saying I can hit a brick wall at 80mph in that thing - head on - and walk away?

Pretty sure the force and the belts holding you to the seat would break your neck.

pyramid

Quote:
Which is why I paid my local nursery to deliver. Home Depot delivers too. If planting trees and hauling junk isn't something you do every day, the $60 delivery fee is a small price to pay compared to the fuel you'd waste all year round daily driving some dually. Not to mention the shitty performance compared to your audi, lack of comfort and all that.

I'm sure that works for a lot of people who don't have their own trucks and forklifts and whatnot.

Even if a place doesn't deliver, you can rent pickup trucks by the day from uhaul and others for like $20+ mileage.