General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
MooK
 
MooK's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post
Ground up bones & hoofs

Cottage cheese is excellent

I've made my own paneer (indian curd cheese) in the past, I may try my hand at moz.
__________________
MooK - <3 Website Architecture.
Synth3t1c owes me $20 via PayPal.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:56 PM MooK is offline  
Reply With Quote
#76  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

tegandje
LOOK AT ME, IM A FUCKIN HIPSTER
 
tegandje's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan8869 View Post
My favorite is the vegan/vegetarian that doesn't eat meat, but eats a lot of products with meat byproducts in them.

I ruined Kimchi for this korean girl who thought it was vegan.

It can be vegan

What's products have gelatin?
__________________
b35b36db324a18b072d431f4fbb833d1 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 PM tegandje is offline  
Reply With Quote
#77  

MuffinMan8869
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andje View Post
It can be vegan

What's products have gelatin?

to make kimchi you HAVE to use some fish product as a catalyst for the fermentation. I have yet to find any Kimchi that doesn't use some oyster sauce, shrimp or other shellfish in some fashion.



but i just did a search online and aparantly there ARE recipes and boy do they look horrible.



Vs


Ill take the real deal with oyster sauce/shirmp
__________________
http://wrfl.fm/
Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 PM MuffinMan8869 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#78  

Saxman924
 
Most filtered water is not vegan because the activated carbon that filters use is generally made up of animal bone char.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:51 PM Saxman924 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#79  

cokezeroholic
 
cokezeroholic's Avatar
 
No matter who the person is I automatically think less of them just based on the fact that they're vegan or vegetarian. There's just something wrong with that. If you have to alter the way you eat so badly that you don't do the normal human thing and eat tasty critters I just don't see any reason why I should take you seriously.
__________________
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through. Going forward may not be the answer ... maybe I should go back.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:21 PM cokezeroholic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#80  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxman924 View Post
Most filtered water is not vegan because the activated carbon that filters use is generally made up of animal bone char.

The tremendous majority of activated carbon isn't made of bone black these days. It's a lot cheaper to make chemically instead of from bones.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:24 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#81  

Thermo1223
 
Thermo1223's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post
I've made my own paneer (indian curd cheese) in the past, I may try my hand at moz.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

I have yet to try it myself but I want too
__________________
'09 Subaru Forester XT - Hauler
'14 Scion xD - It's cute...ugh
'04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI=FAILWAGON
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:
Old 02-16-2010, 09:29 AM Thermo1223 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#82  

MooK
 
MooK's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
No matter who the person is I automatically think less of them just based on the fact that they're vegan or vegetarian. There's just something wrong with that. If you have to alter the way you eat so badly that you don't do the normal human thing and eat tasty critters I just don't see any reason why I should take you seriously.


People who are ignorant enough to base a persons personality, or how "serious" they are, on what they choose to eat (let alone other superficial things such as who they choose to marry, what sexual orientation they are,) aren't worth my time, or anyone's for that matter.

Hitler altered the way he ate, to reduce his meat intake to near-or true vegetarianism. Would you take him less seriously because of that?

I do hope you never take office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/quick-cottage-cheese-recipe/index.html



I have yet to try it myself but I want too

I haven't tried that. Paneer is super simple:

1 Gallon Whole Milk
4 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice

Bring milk to heavy froth on medium-high heat.
Add lemon juice.
Remove from heat and let stand for about 10 minutes or so.
Strain through cheesecloth, press in a paneer/tofu press -or- under some heavy books.
Stick it in the fridge for an hour or two.


Then, you can either crumble it, or cut it into squares, throw it in some hot oil and brown the sides. I usually flavor the oil with curry powder or garam masala.
__________________
MooK - <3 Website Architecture.
Synth3t1c owes me $20 via PayPal.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 AM MooK is offline  
Reply With Quote
#83  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale View Post
I'm a vegetarian going on vegan purely for ethical reasons. I disagree with how animals are intensely reared and slaughtered and how we humans can go to the shops and buy a pack of mince and we don't have to put any thought into where it came from and the cruelty that is behind it.

A lot of people simply do not know where their meat comes from or even what an abbatoir is. This really sickens me. They do not know about battery farmed chcikens or the cruelty involved with their glass of milk.

This is actually the only reason I loathe hearing from vegetarians/vegans.

1.) You make a blanket statement that all animals used for meat are treated harshly. That's just incorrect.
2.) You complain about slaughtering.....what's a nice way to kill an animal for meat?
3.) A cow that isn't happy doesn't produce milk. Ask anyone who has worked with cows in their lives. There is no cruelty in a glass of milk.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 02-16-2010, 11:01 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#84  

Butthole Eliminator
 
Butthole Eliminator's Avatar
 
There's some various reasons for not eating animal or animal products. there's religious reasons like the hindi and rastafarians. They're the coolest vegans I've ever met and they have fantastic recipes. Espicially the hindi folk. A lot of skill in their curry grinding and bread rolling. The old grandmas can make their bread from scratch with a blindfold on and will still outpace me. Really laid back folks who don't care what other people eat.

Vegetarian for non-religious reasons? The only two reasons I can think for health concerns or because that person have some sort of martyr or victim complex.

The health fanatics comes in two types. Badass or ignorant as hell. Badass folks do their research. I know a guy who experimented on a pure raw fruit and veg diet. No processed starch, nothing in a hermetically sealed package. If it didn't grow from the dirt, he'd spit it out. He went on for a good year just so see how much of his energy he could sustain compared to his old diet. He did very well. No muscle mass loss, same stamina, no burn out. He's done with that experiment now. Now he's on a pure liquid diet and a good few months in.

The ignorant health fanatics have no basis for their reason. They assume that all meat = poison. all meat products = early death. They don't know why it's that way, they think its just because that's how it is.

Most of the "ethical" vegetarian/vegans I've came across are primarily white and range from middle to upperclass. meaning they rarely went hungry before or had to work primarily for food. So once they got shocked into seeing a living animal get hacked on a farm or seeing an assembly line of animals slaughtered on a factory farm, that moment became the worse day of their entire lives. They had never really been through a real hardship before, so being aware that animals dying is the closest thing to a traumatic experience for them. It's their first moment of real grief and then they develop that martyr/victim complex that so many animal rights people are so well known for.

Bullshit? Probably. But that's subjective. Calling it a crime to twist a chicken's head is to me. Just keep in mind that "there's no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole." The same can be applied to nourishment. There's no such thing as a starving vegan. Unless, you're a Rasta, Hindi, or an Islamic who can't find anything Halal, because they're badass that way.

There is one really great advantage of being vegan. You'll have the best, the easiest, and cleanest bowel movements of your life. I experimented veganism for nearly a year and being on the toilet was a dream. Clean cuts all the time, nothing on the toilet paper after wiping. It was amazing. Almost worth it being a vegan.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:45 PM Butthole Eliminator is offline  
Reply With Quote
#85  

hurley griffin
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
This is actually the only reason I loathe hearing from vegetarians/vegans.

1.) You make a blanket statement that all animals used for meat are treated harshly. That's just incorrect.
2.) You complain about slaughtering.....what's a nice way to kill an animal for meat?
3.) A cow that isn't happy doesn't produce milk. Ask anyone who has worked with cows in their lives. There is no cruelty in a glass of milk.

Have you not seen milking cows hooked up to machines even though they have no milk to give? Have you seen the space that these cows are kept for milking? They are in tight places, their heads locked between metal bars, no movement.

Read up on "veal cows" and watch some videos on how theyre treated.
__________________
aka 20k
Old 02-16-2010, 06:04 PM hurley griffin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#86  

hurley griffin
 
I can say that being on a veggie diet, I felt less constipated then being on a meat diet. I felt a more energetic and less bloated.

I used to read everything I bought, to see if it contained any gelatin or rennet (cheese etc), some OJ and beer uses fish as stabilizers.
__________________
aka 20k
Old 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM hurley griffin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#87  

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley griffin View Post
Have you not seen milking cows hooked up to machines even though they have no milk to give? Have you seen the space that these cows are kept for milking? They are in tight places, their heads locked between metal bars, no movement.

Read up on "veal cows" and watch some videos on how theyre treated.

i've seen them, and they looked fine to me. Sounds like some bleeding heart liberal stuff to me.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:09 PM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#88  

hurley griffin
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
i've seen them, and they looked fine to me. Sounds like some bleeding heart liberal stuff to me.

Oh yea? Still looks fine?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
aka 20k
Old 02-16-2010, 06:17 PM hurley griffin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#89  

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley griffin View Post
Oh yea? Still looks fine?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

that video doesn't represent the majority of farms in the country. also, no video you post would ever make me stop loving meat, milk and cheese. I eat some form of meat every day and beef 2-3 times a week. There is absolutely nothing better than a good steak.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:22 PM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#90  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.