General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

WornSole

Replacement xbox 360 has jaggies everwhere?

My xbox broke and Microsoft sent me another one. I hooked it up and there are jaggies everwhere! At first I thought it was my new HDMI cable but I switched back to composite and its still jaggie city. I tried 1080I and 1080P. I always ran 1080I on my previous box.
I played Crackdown, Borderlands and ODST and every surface has really bad jaggies.

Is it possible for an xbox to malfunction in such a way that it runs fine but has jaggies everywhere? I'm thinking something is wrong with the replacement.

I'm running on my 42 inch panasonic plasma Vierra that I used with my previous box.
I also noticed load times were far longer, it took an insane amount of time to load my ODST save when I was testing it.

Thoughts?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Stealth

pics of said "jaggies"

specialmoose

Pics!

Could be a malfunctioning GPU

Biospider

Jaggies makes me think of no FSAA... but that's be a weird bug.

Pics!

WornSole

Sorry I don't have a digital camera or any ability to screencap my t.v.
It's really noticable in Borderlands. In New Haven you know those power lines that are running everywhere? They barely even look like cable anymore just a squarish staircase pattern mess.
I tried playing Gears 2 brieflly and I didn't notice any jaggies but the shadows were messed up.
Honestly at this point I'm willing to ignore it I just got my xbox back and I really don't want to send it away for another two weeks.
If it gets worse or just dies on me then I'll send it in. My warranty is good for another two years.

Biospider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WornSole View Post
Sorry I don't have a digital camera or any ability to screencap my t.v.
It's really noticable in Borderlands. In New Haven you know those power lines that are running everywhere? They barely even look like cable anymore just a squarish staircase pattern mess.
I tried playing Gears 2 brieflly and I didn't notice any jaggies but the shadows were messed up.
Honestly at this point I'm willing to ignore it I just got my xbox back and I really don't want to send it away for another two weeks.
If it gets worse or just dies on me then I'll send it in. My warranty is good for another two years.

Is it hardly noticeable?

Are there also color glitches?

WornSole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biospider View Post
Is it hardly noticeable?

Are there also color glitches?

The color is fine, sound is great. It runs perfectly in every other way. Just lots of jaggies and even jaggie shadows that flicker and look off.
If I dont look at the edges of stuff I can ignore it pretty easily. I thought I might have been imagining it or going crazy but its defeintly there.
I loaded up Fallout 3 and it looked fine...except helmets were so jaggie they looked like little spikes.

DrKenneth

Graphics card is either overheating or has a hardware defect. Graphics "artifacts" as they're generally called are do to graphics card issues on PC's--so I would assume the same with your xbox.