General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
god you are ignorant and a tool.

Care to enlighten us all about where I went wrong?

CO2 does spontaneously emit energy like the sun?

CO2 doesn't absorb and reflect heat?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Care to enlighten us all about where I went wrong?

CO2 does spontaneously emit energy like the sun?

CO2 doesn't absorb and reflect heat?

obvious troll is obvious

zitboy
MachTy
IDLE #MIDWEST.DLL ON GAMESURGE

Quote:
god you are ignorant and a tool.

yeah this is a pretty lame response

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
obvious troll is obvious

Because 3% = 0% and CO2 doesn't retain heat in a system...

TheMorlock

Quote:
Because 3% = 0% and CO2 doesn't retain heat in a system...

we have been over this Troll. In a closed system any change would have an effect. In an open and self adjusting system with the heat source 93 million miles away a Million years of evidence shows that any change in CO2 we have seen in A Million of years is not sufficient to effect global temps one way or the other.

As I said Obvious troll is Obvious. Now go help Al Gore paint another picture of a 1940's bare mountaintop and add ice cover and clap your hands to keep global warming alive.

Now go back to your Awesome Mailed to you Journals that tell you that global warming is causing glaciers to advance and retreat at the same time.

Its sad that support for your belief system is crashing around you one scientific article after another. Try to get a grip.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
we have been over this Troll. In a closed system any change would have an effect. In an open and self adjusting system with the heat source 93 million miles away a Million years of evidence shows that any change in CO2 we have seen in A Million of years is not sufficient to effect global temps one way or the other.

Like I've told you probably 100 times in this thread: In the past, when CO2 was high (not as high as it is now btw..386ppm for the win!) and temperatures were low, there were other climate forcing factors that were responsible for the net cooling, including such things as: volcanic activity, higher albedos, less solar radiation, more cloud cover, etc. Models that account for these factors in the past confirm this. I'd cite some papers on the matter but you'd probably "counter" them with garbage blogs or your typical "omg great science conspiracy" .

For what I hope is the last time but I know probably won't be, in a system with multiple climate forcing factors, high CO2 + low temperatures does not necessarily mean that CO2 can't cause a temperature increase when the balance of the other factors swings the other way.

Quote:
Now go back to your Awesome Mailed to you Journals
Someone's a little jealous Don't get much mail, huh?

Quote:
that tell you that global warming is causing glaciers to advance and retreat at the same time.
When have I or any climate scientist ever suggested something like this?

Quote:
Its sad that support for your belief system is crashing around you one scientific article after another. Try to get a grip.
Sad is believing that every reputable scientist in the world is out to get you.

Vael Victus

The earth goes through a global warming naturally. We have proven that. Our polution destroys the ozone layer. We have proven that.

Try leaving your houses and staring at the sky some time.

TheMorlock

There fuckyouforshowingI'mignorant goes again calling NOAH a blog.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
There fuckyouforshowingI'mignorant goes again calling NOAH a blog.

Keep living with your head in the clouds. We all have our fingers crossed that you'll suffocate on the CO2.

Renork

Quote:
Does 3% = 0%?

No, but you are using the wrong figure. If we are responsible for 3% of the carbon, and carbon is responsible for 40% of the warming effect(the highest estimate I have seen) then we are responsible for....

3% of 40% = .12%

That's right, .12% of the warming. Nearly negligible.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renork View Post
No, but you are using the wrong figure. If we are responsible for 3% of the carbon, and carbon is responsible for 40% of the warming effect(the highest estimate I have seen) then we are responsible for....

3% of 40% = .12%

That's right, .12% of the warming. Nearly negligible.

LOL! You two are harping on because we contribute 3% of the CO2??!?!?! That's even more hilarious.

Do you realize that the absolute numbers are practically irrelevant when we're talking about net increases in carbon in the system over many years? The fact is that even if its a comparatively small amount of CO2, it is not being redistributed throughout the system (like all other sources of CO2 are) and so is building up. That would be why current CO2 levels are 100ppm (35%) higher now than they've been in 400,000 years.

You're also misusing the 40% number. As you'd know if you read the journal article, 40% of the warming in the Atlantic is attributable to that "paultry" 3% yearly increase in carbon.

TheMorlock

Quote:
LOL! You two are harping on because we contribute 3% of the CO2??!?!?! That's even more hilarious.

Do you realize that the absolute numbers are practically irrelevant when we're talking about net increases in carbon in the system over many years? The fact is that even if its a comparatively small amount of CO2, it is not being redistributed throughout the system (like all other sources of CO2 are) and so is building up. That would be why current CO2 levels are 100ppm (35%) higher now than they've been in 400,000 years.

You're also misusing the 40% number. As you'd know if you read the journal article, 40% of the warming in the Atlantic is attributable to that "paultry" 3% yearly increase in carbon.

Do you realize that you are grasping at straws?

Actually, like the science continues to say. CO2 is higher because the Temps have driven more out of the oceans.

be careful though. You seem to be using my mythical ice core data for you 400,000 year info.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 04-02-2009 at 10:59 AM..

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Do you realize that you are grasping at straws?

Actually, like the science continues to say. CO2 is higher because the Temps have driven more out of the oceans.

Source please. If anything, oceanic carbon concentrations have risen over the years. Hence the current worry about ocean acidification and the disapparence of coral reefs.

Quote:
be careful though. You seem to be using my mythical ice core data for you 400,000 year info.
There's nothing mythical about the ice core data I'm talking about. Here's one of the many sources:

Petit, J.R. et al. (1999) Climate and atmospheric history of the past 420,000 years from the Vostok ice core, Antarctica. Nature 399, 429–436.

I've called your ice core data mythical because in the many years you have perverted this board, you've claimed to have ice core data that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that there's no such thing as global warming. And everytime someone has asked you for this data, you've delivered such choice lines as "do your own research, fart face", "i'm not going to do your work for you", "i already posted it". Until you man up and post the source of your data, they will remain mythical.

What's the matter? Are you afraid it was discredited 20 years ago?

TheMorlock

keep grasping. one more straw and you can make a raft

It just hit me what the global warming fandom science reminds me of

the movie Boondock Saints. Where the crime scene officer keeps describing what had to have happened in great detail and it never even approaches reality.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 04-03-2009 at 06:52 PM..

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock, Mayor of Fail City View Post
keep grasping. one more straw and you can make a raft

It just hit me what the global warming fandom science reminds me of

the movie Boondock Saints. Where the crime scene officer keeps describing what had to have happened in great detail and it never even approaches reality.

Keep pretending you have sources that prove me wrong. If you believe it hard enough, you might just convince yourself.