General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SUB

So yeah, I've had this "girl" friend for 2 years and all, and a lot of you keep saying "well you've known her for a lot longer" but at some point I feel I have to put my girlfriend as a higher priority than her. When we first starting dating it was easy to put my friend first, but now my g/f and I are getting pretty serious and I feel I need to put her needs first. And Cletus, I don't plan on being "done with" her. It's just not the way I look at things. If that happens, it happens.

Thanks for all the help everybody.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

stretch

Dude. Tell your girlfriend you're going and who you are going with. Just tell she is just a friend and that NOTHING will happen. I can understand she would be worried, but she has to trust you eitherwise she is not worth it. Bros before hoes don't EVER give up your friends for a girl. One of my best friends is this really cute girl and the girls I've gone out with have been very jealous of her. I don't give a shit or if they want me hanging out with her or not. Why? Because I trust myself not to do anything with her and I know I will be friends with her no matter what and that she cares about me and girlfriends..they will just go psychon you sooner or later and drop you without even feeling bad about it.

Allnighte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB
She definitely trusts me. I'm not sure if she doesn't trust my friend or what. I've mentioned her before and they've met and she said she liked her. I didn't tell her I had a thing for her once.
it doesnt matter if your girlfriend doesnt trust your girl-friend or not. only if she trusts you. if she knows that you won't make a move or LET your girl-friend make a move, then she has nothing to worry about.

its good to see your girlfriend is okay with it, but i would be the type to ask a few more times just in case, to see if everything is okay. and in my mind, honesty about past feelings wouldnt hurt either, as long as you can really show your gf that youre only friends with your girl-friend now

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Trust, but I dunno. 3 months is kinda a short relationship, maybe shes just afraid of losing you. Or she may be just a little jealous. Eitherway if you plan to go be sure to re assure her that you are not serious about your other girl friend. If your girlfriend asks you not to go and you are serious about her, do not go.

RiderOnTheStorm
Stapler makes me hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
Trust, but I dunno. 3 months is kinda a short relationship, maybe shes just afraid of losing you. Or she may be just a little jealous. Eitherway if you plan to go be sure to re assure her that you are not serious about your other girl friend. If your girlfriend asks you not to go and you are serious about her, do not go.
Fuck that, that falls into the category of "unreasonable demands." I understand a bit of jealousy, but if I tell a girl over and over that I'm just friends with a girl and nothing's going to happen and I've given her absolutely no reason to think anything's going to happen, and she STILL asks me not to go, then I'd dump her. If she can't trust me, there's no reason to even consider pursuing a relationship.

Dude, just go on the trip, accept that your girl will be stressing a bit (it's natural, you'd do it in her position) and have a good time. And I agree with Lyndzie, get her something. If she's worried and you show up with some little gift, odds are it'll make her forget about it. Good luck.
-GavinZac

SUB

Yeah, she's not going to forbid me from going. I wouldn't be going out with a girl that would do that. And she'd never ask of me such a thing as not seeing her anymore. She has told me that my friend has made her a little jelous sometimes. But yeah, I'll be sure to remind her a few times that I am going. Thanks again everyone.