General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Edo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karshikinpa View Post
I can't stand just sitting there waiting, so I play on another monitor while playing WoW and listening to music. That way I don't overthink the hands and personally I am much less likely to gamble and will just play smart. I don't mind folding several bad hands in a row when I'm doing something else.

for online poker I actually usaully have lie 4-5 screens going of online poker going, 1 of them being a tournament, makes things much interesting and much more fun since its all playmoney anyways.

Ive played a few tournaments where it has gone on for along time and it gets physically draining.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

HeLLFiRe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavens View Post
you obviously dont know what youre talking about.

edit. besides the playing within your means part

You're right. I only play 5 days a week, so I know nothing about how often a person wins.

beavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLLFiRe View Post
You're right. I only play 5 days a week, so I know nothing about how often a person wins.

meh.. depends on how shitty you are at cards.

-GOB

internetgirl who loves to fuck strangers
rehkcts

I played Full Tilt Poker for the last 2 months and just cashed out. I'm a U.S. player and didn't have any problems.

Here's FTP's stance: http://pokerforums.fulltiltpoker.com...play16674.html
Old 05-02-2007, 09:07 PM internetgirl who loves to fuck strangers is offline  

Edo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehkcts View Post
I played Full Tilt Poker for the last 2 months and just cashed out. I'm a U.S. player and didn't have any problems.

Here's FTP's stance: http://pokerforums.fulltiltpoker.com...play16674.html

interesting... well im going to vegas tommorow anyways i might have to go back to FTP. Anyone recommend any affordable rooms in vegas? Im planning the Sahara.

Ecwfrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikechinese View Post
If you anren't that great at poker to start with, I wouldn't think of this as a chance to start a career, you neet to be pretty fucking good t get anywhere with online poker.

Online poker is pretty easy. It's all really just math to calculate odds (which you can run a program to do for you) and a little behavior pattern recognition.
Live poker is much harder to play well as you have to control your own behavior, analyze theirs, all while also dealing with the cards and money. Plus, you're often half (or completely) drunk at the table

Quote:
you wont learn how to play if you are playing for playmoney.
It's a start. It won't help a ton in the dollar ante games one might play with their buddies. But have you ever played in a tournament with a rebuy? They are a lot like play money games until the rebuy period ends. And even after they're nothing like personal games because you've already put your real money in, the chips in front of you are just play money.

Last edited by Ecwfrk; 05-03-2007 at 04:34 PM..

icebreeze

If you care to get into technical skill you should buy:
All 3 Harrington On Hold-Em Books
Texas Holdem for Advanced Players by David Sklansky
Tournament Poker for Advanced Players by David Sklansky
Theory of Poker by David Sklansky

From what I have heard they are the must haves. I have a couple other books but from the top of my head these are gems.

I can say for only playing a couples months online (while never playing holdem before) I have been doing pretty well.