General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
In any conflict civilians are going to get caught in the crossfire, the difference is that one side actually gives warning before most of the strikes. What do you do when there is RPG and sniper fire coming from a civilian apartment building? What do you do when a Mosque is used for stockpiling bombs and other weapons? I say next time there is another "9/11" we just firebomb the offending region WW2 style for a few days and fuck going in with ground troops and removing governments....let them sort themselves out. Even the Tailban and Al Quaeda have their limits.
This is straight off the newspaper stand, do you even watch the news? You sure criticize the media, but you don't seem to follow it?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8528715.stm

Thanks for providing the same shtick as usual, though. It's delusional, but entertaining. I sure do feel bad now, I mean the american liberators are not getting lei'd by the fucking ragheads. What we need right fucking now is a few thousand more dead americans. Solves the problem well as you'd leave with your tail between your legs (as usual), and you guys could go on blaming lieberals and Jane Fonda for losing a war (again).

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go spit on some marines.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
Yes it is. That's what you always say. Anything even remotely resembling holding minorities responsible for their own decisions is viewed in your eyes as racism. You don't actually understand what racism is, you just think it's a neat word to throw around in an argument because you think it gives you the moral high ground.
You've proven over and over again you have no understanding of racism in society beyond racial slurs and cry about how I don't understand what racism is when you can't even spot or accept the obvious racism of blaming an economic crisis caused by rich whites on poor blacks. Keep ranting if you want I guess but anyone with a brain can see how stupid you are when it comes to this at this point.

Quote:
Sure I do. Some people need to be killed.
I would just let most of y'all go in a mass discharge and try the leaders, no need to be so hard on yourself.

Quote:
But you turn "somewhat responsible" into "solely responsible".
I don't recall having said solely responsible in this thread or any other, if I did it was a mistake. It doesn't really matter though since that's a pretty lame semantic dodge of responsibility.

Quote:
Because those baathists would have done such a great job. Hey, we just kicked the British off our shores! What now? Let's hire Brits to run everything, they're totally trustworthy now.
A better analogy would be if anyone who had ever served in the government prior to the revolution were banned from participating in it. You were pretty much required to be in the Baathist party if you had a public sector job.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarecter View Post
maybe people aren't putting up "much of a defense", because every attack you've thrown has been poor and there's really no need to defend it.

This guys posts are NOT fair and balanced!

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
The biggest mistake was vastly underestimating the cult factor of Islam and the tribalism that still exists in that part of the world. In hindsight, a real occupation with the US/coalition taking total control of the country and then slowly giving the country back to the people would have been the preferred path. Too much pandering to the media and world opinion for that to happen though..

Actually it probably would have been better not to invade Iraq and whine about the "cult of Islam" when people fight back against a foreign invasion. Well, seeya.

Runding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
Actually it probably would have been better not to invade Iraq and whine about the "cult of Islam" when people fight back against a foreign invasion. Well, seeya.

When you say "people" you mean "terrorists" or "the taliban" amirite?

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runding View Post
When you say "people" you mean "terrorists" or "the taliban" amirite?

If my country was invaded and occupied by another country, I'd join whatever local resistance forces there are too. It's not like terrorists and taliban come out of thin air.
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
If my country was invaded and occupied by another country, I'd join whatever local resistance forces there are too. It's not like terrorists and taliban come out of thin air.

psst, most of the insurgents in iraq were not iraqis

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
and if said insurgency attacked my country, id attack them too.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
and if said insurgency attacked my country, id attack them too.

lol wmds in iraq amirite

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
psst, most of the insurgents in iraq were not iraqis

just curious, but sources for this?

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
just curious, but sources for this?

ABC CBS NBC

Iranian Saudi Jordanian and others. Don't know if its actually Most but the effective leadership is foreign.

Russia had the same problem with Chechnya. Much of their opposition was drummed up by foreign islamists

Bukkakeboy

oh yeah, leadership i believe. and that foreign fighters were a big part of the insurrection, i also buy outright. but most?

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
oh yeah, leadership i believe. and that foreign fighters were a big part of the insurrection, i also buy outright. but most?

Thousands

lostinlife

He made a decision and stuck to it like a good leader...courage to follow through isn't something that can be learned

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Just got back from seeing "Green Zone"...pretty good movie. I can't wait until more people see this and think it's a recreation of actual events. Of course without giving the story away to people who haven't seen the movie...I can say that the scenario seems plausible to those who didn't follow the actual events too closely. The pre-invasion Iraq WMD intel was bad no question about it, but the of this movie is pure Hollywood.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v