General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL

Even with an extra 10mm of spring pad, PLUS brand new + not-squished spring pads the car is not that much higher. I think after my blast to work, the springs settled fully.... Now BOTH tires are scraping on bumps.

Soooooooooooooooofuckingrekt.

PLUS I destroyed at least one of my rear speed sensors because I'm a gimp...

Would have taken 30 seconds to unclip and move the wire out of the way... But NAHHHHHHHHH Just pile a rag over it, it'll be FIIIIIIIINE

also need to buy another one of those pegs for hweel mounting, I bent the one in my pic

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

hm

this looks gud

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=464

will buy this if/when the ADDITIONAL spring pads I just ordered don't end up doing it..

RazorWind

Wait, you're stacking rubber spring pads? Dude, no...

Have you considered just installing a set of stock M3 springs, and/or getting properly sized wheels for the car?

If you just have to have lowering springs, the Vorshlag kit is probably the best way to do it, cost aside. Just... make sure you get springs for the front with the proper rate to match the rears. The complexity of figuring out what the proper rate is is one of the reasons I really think you should just go with the stock ones.

RazorWind

Wait, you're stacking rubber spring pads? Dude, no...

Have you considered just installing a set of stock M3 springs, and/or getting properly sized wheels for the car?

If you just have to have lowering springs, the Vorshlag kit is probably the best way to do it, cost aside. Just... make sure you get springs for the front with the proper rate to match the rears. The complexity of figuring out what the proper rate is is one of the reasons I really think you should just go with the stock ones.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

New speed sensor in, speedo + other crap working thank god.

added EVEN MORE spring pads...

but yeah I am going to need to do something else. These springs I've got now look like they're bent. Probably caused by those cholo status spring spacers, or just the fact that they're lo-grade/crappy springs? dunno

I know you've said "go to stock springs" sev times but... I am DEATHLY afraid that they're going to make the car sit too high.

Yes, I would like to switch to different wheels, I WANT a set of style 220's... (Scroll up, I actually scored a single one fo free!) But I had to buy a new set of rear tires on an emergency "they might explode any minute" basis, that pretty much destroyed my wheel budget.

I will probably buy the Vorshlag kit, then work on finding some wheels.

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
I know you've said "go to stock springs" sev times but... I am DEATHLY afraid that they're going to make the car sit too high.

Sit too high for what? Ricer street cred? The stock springs are definitely not going to make the car "sit" too high for proper handling. This is an M3 we're talking about - it's set up pretty well from the factory.

If you go the Vorshlag route, be sure to get springs that match the rate of whatever you have installed in the front. Failure to do this will likely result in unpredictable handling, unless you just get lucky.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Yeah, I guess you could put it that way. I don't want my horrible donk rap guy wheels to look bad, even though they are due to be chucked in the bin/sold off to an urban youth.

Will look for input on which vorshlag kit to buy. It's definitely a lot heavier than a coupe w/ the top sitting back there, PLUS the hardtop.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Yeah, I guess you could put it that way. I don't want my horrible donk rap guy wheels to look bad, even though they are due to be chucked in the bin/sold off to an urban youth.

Will look for input on which vorshlag kit to buy. It's definitely a lot heavier than a coupe w/ the top sitting back there, PLUS the hardtop.

RazorWind

Quote:

Figure out what spring rate you currently have installed (in the rear), and get the Vorshlag springs that match the closest to that. I'm guessing the 350lb/in ones will be the closest.

What is the condition type of the shock absorbers on this car? You don't want to be using the stock dampers with really stiff ricer hellaflush springs.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

They're Konis of some kind, look kind of raggedy. I would probably replace them as well.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Triple B

Quote:

that's your mexican logic at work

do you think your algebra level engineering skills is anything close to what bmw chose?

You should save up for a good suspension and new wheels and tires. That is going to be about 1/3 of what you paid for that car.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

1.) I don't have the money for new wheels and tires
2.) in the mean time if I didn't do anything to boost up the suspension in the rear, the two new (rear) tires that I put on these shitty wheels are going to get hacked up and ruined just like the pair I got with the car, so I HAD to do something to prevent that from happening in the mean time.
3.) there is no guarantee that new wheels/tires will solve this problem.

Triple B

wasn't your last car in good condition?

u should have kept that one. u can't afford this one

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

should have bought a corvette