General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
SantaFe has a stick axle (last time I looked, anyway); crv and rav4 are both decent but I don't think they have the suspension travel the escape does; The rogue is just a maxima with a big ugly body, and doesn't have the suspension for what the op wants.

So until you actually have the chops to weigh in, perhaps super gluing your lips shut would be a smart move, except that'll preclude you choking down baloneybrain's cock.
Maxima? If the Rogue is based on an existing Nissan platform it would be the Sentra...it's one of the smaller unibody CUV's out there. If off-roading is a priority then any of the unibody CUV's (which includes your beloved Escape) should probably be off the table.

Oh, and...teh irony of your last paragraph. You might want to do a little light research on the cars you bash.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmhead View Post
Tex used to be amusing, now its just annoying. He might just become the first person I +ignore on genmay. Astounding.

Chickenshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
yes, I have. now get your retarded ass back to the bath aisle and help those customers.

your idiocy is only exceeded by the shit-covered cock you constantly suck in order to seem cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Maxima? If the Rogue is based on an existing Nissan platform it would be the Sentra...it's one of the smaller unibody CUV's out there. If off-roading is a priority then any of the unibody CUV's (which includes your beloved Escape) should probably be off the table.

Oh, and...teh irony of your last paragraph. You might want to do a little light research on the cars you bash.

I did, tho I'll admit I could be wrong. But the OP wanted something smaller with mild offloading ability, and ability in snow: IMHO, the Escape fit the bill well; just because WAW got his panties in a wad because I DARED to suggest ANYTHING that contradicts his precious personal beliefs, doesn't mean it wasn't a viable suggestion.

What REALLY surprises me is the fact the BMW buttfuck brigade haven't gone on the X3/x5/x6 bandwagening pogrom, especially the daisy-chain felcher trio of HO, BF, and WAW.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Thermo1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFire View Post
Forester XT, hands down. Mileage will be upper teens city, mid to upper 20's highway.

^^^^^
THIS RIGHT FUCKING HERE

I miss mine everyday....

Not many SUV's can but a smile on your face when you stomp the go peddle.
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

Quote:
Chickenshit.

your idiocy is only exceeded by the shit-covered cock you constantly suck in order to seem cool.

I did, tho I'll admit I could be wrong. But the OP wanted something smaller with mild offloading ability, and ability in snow: IMHO, the Escape fit the bill well; just because WAW got his panties in a wad because I DARED to suggest ANYTHING that contradicts his precious personal beliefs, doesn't mean it wasn't a viable suggestion.

What REALLY surprises me is the fact the BMW buttfuck brigade haven't gone on the X3/x5/x6 bandwagening pogrom, especially the daisy-chain felcher trio of HO, BF, and WAW.

do you ever get sick of being wrong? every post in every thread, wrong, wrong, wrong. do us all a favor and have a shotgun shell for dinner.

Thermo1223

Ya sorry Tex...my Forester my be light as hell and not as ground as my MIL's '10 Escape in the snow BUT the inside is horrible for the year and my Subaru's AWD system was far better. The only thing that car had going for it was weight & a little more ground clearance.

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

I've heard that a Ford E350 is a fine automobile with vast cargo capacity and a fuel-sipping 5.4L V8. Put some Nokian WRG2's on there and snow is your bitch. Add to that an IMAX view of the road and you're commanding respect from drivers the world over.

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

Thermo1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
I've heard that a Ford E350 is a fine automobile with vast cargo capacity and a fuel-sipping 5.4L V8. Put some Nokian WRG2's on there and snow is your bitch. Add to that an IMAX view of the road and you're commanding respect from drivers the world over.

FUCK YOU

Now I want an E350 

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
do you ever get sick of being wrong? every post in every thread, wrong, wrong, wrong. do us all a favor and have a shotgun shell for dinner.

Show me proof I'm wrong, SOLID proof, and I'll capitulate (google it, tho it might be beyond your 5th grade reading level).

Otherwise, that's just your opinion; and opinions are like shit: everyone's full of 'em--and you're extra-full (based on your brown eyes and the brown rivulet running from your nose).

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post
Ya sorry Tex...my Forester my be light as hell and not as ground as my MIL's '10 Escape in the snow BUT the inside is horrible for the year and my Subaru's AWD system was far better. The only thing that car had going for it was weight & a little more ground clearance.

So if your forester was so great, why'd you sell it? Maybe MIL will let you borrow her escape for some special favors in the back seat...

--John Hobbs

Bill Brasky

Quote:

The Escape is pretty much a terrible SUV. The 4 banger is anemic and the v6 swallows gas faster than you can guzzle Henry Ford's reconstituted semen. The interior is *still* made of Fischer Price plastic (Ford, if you're reading this, put the Fusion/Focus interior into the Escape and you'll sell much more) and there's enough body roll during even simple on and off-ramp excursions you're wondering if you're lifting a tire or two. The drivetrain may as well be made of tin - especially if you're even glancing at any "off-road" events.

Enter the Subaru. Now, I'm not really a fan of Subaru either, but it's far and away the better vehicle for snow/ice at the very least. Stick with the manual (if they still make one for the Forester) as the auto tends to suck the life out of the 4 banger. The interiors are massively superior in terms of both ergonomics and quality as well.

Now, the 2013 Escape is an entirely different beast...

Also Tex, the BMW Buttfuck Brigade hasn't said shit about the x3/x5 because us E30 folk think they're a cancer to the badge. The X5M though...

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
The Escape is pretty much a terrible SUV. The 4 banger is anemic and the v6 swallows gas faster than you can guzzle Henry Ford's reconstituted semen. The interior is *still* made of Fischer Price plastic (Ford, if you're reading this, put the Fusion/Focus interior into the Escape and you'll sell much more) and there's enough body roll during even simple on and off-ramp excursions you're wondering if you're lifting a tire or two. The drivetrain may as well be made of tin - especially if you're even glancing at any "off-road" events.

Enter the Subaru. Now, I'm not really a fan of Subaru either, but it's far and away the better vehicle for snow/ice at the very least. Stick with the manual (if they still make one for the Forester) as the auto tends to suck the life out of the 4 banger. The interiors are massively superior in terms of both ergonomics and quality as well.

Now, the 2013 Escape is an entirely different beast...

Also Tex, the BMW Buttfuck Brigade hasn't said shit about the x3/x5 because us E30 folk think they're a cancer to the badge. The X5M though...

The only X5 worth anything is the one with the V12 LM motor in it...

So tell me why my 2004 Mariner was such a joy to drive?? 25mpg on the highway with the 3.0v6, got up and ran when I wanted it to, and handled the rough stuff (roads and non-roads) with aplomb. Hell, I remember taking a long gravel drive at 60+, hanging the tail out like a rally driver, and it just fucking took it and wanted to go faster...

It really was a fun vehicle.

--John Hobbs

Bill Brasky

Quote:

The only X5 worth anything is the one with the V12 LM motor in it...

So tell me why my 2004 Mariner was such a joy to drive?? 25mpg on the highway with the 3.0v6, got up and ran when I wanted it to, and handled the rough stuff (roads and non-roads) with aplomb. Hell, I remember taking a long gravel drive at 60+, hanging the tail out like a rally driver, and it just fucking took it and wanted to go faster...

It really was a fun vehicle.

It was a joy to drive because you enjoy ancient Vietnamese suspension design. You've been driving a solid axle for so long now that anything would be an upgrade.

Jesus fuck, man. Your Mariner was not, is not, and will never be anything remotely close to a rally car. I've seen Bic pens that were thicker than the axle shafts on the Escape. Plus, that "4WD" system is a joke. Under duress, the front wheels start to spin. Then the computer decides "Hmm. I'm supposed to be doing something right now... Oh. That's right. I've got to turn on the AC. No? Hmm... Oh. My front wheels are spinning. Let's put on the brakes and retard timing. No? Hmm... Oh yeah! I'll send power to the rear wheels! HURRAY FOR ME!!!111oneone". It's at this point where the fronts are properly fucked and stuck and now you can have 30% of the power at the rear wheels where they too can spin. Fucking brilliant if you ask me.

Thermo1223

Quote:
So if your forester was so great, why'd you sell it? Maybe MIL will let you borrow her escape for some special favors in the back seat...

It's called not getting raped by a bank...try it some time O WAIT keekles

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

Quote:
Show me proof I'm wrong, SOLID proof, and I'll capitulate (google it, tho it might be beyond your 5th grade reading level).

Otherwise, that's just your opinion; and opinions are like shit: everyone's full of 'em--and you're extra-full (based on your brown eyes and the brown rivulet running from your nose).

have you bothered to read this thread or any other you post in? you get torn a new asshole by everyone in every thread because you are always wrong. I can see how that wouldn't occur to you considering you lack the mental acuity of even an autistic 3rd grader.

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

his mariner was a rally vehicle
this just gets better and better