General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
You mean the same polling that said there were more Americans happy with the health care than unhappy?

I mean the same polling that says 53% dont think Obama deserves a second term.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

anti-obama polling doesn't make sense ... both the far right and far left hate the guy right now ... only thing is that everyone on the left will still vote for him.

TheMorlock

May we have the envelope please.

We are proud to announce that the irrelevant post award goes to bingstudent.

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
anti-obama polling doesn't make sense ... both the far right and far left hate the guy right now ... only thing is that everyone on the left will still vote for him.

Only because there's no alternative/they're afraid if there was the GOP would win (another reason it's almost impossible for a third party to emerge).

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
i do

coqui-

!) are you over 35 and a natural born american citizen who has been a resident here for 14+ years?

if the answer to 1 is yes:

2) have you held presidential office for more than two terms, or have you ever been impeached from any public office?

if the answer to 2 is no:

3) have you ever been in active rebellion against the u.s.?

if the answer to 3 is no:

you can be president. really the only hard time youll have is getting enough support to be part of the debate and then getting enough confident voters to support you all the way through. start campaigning now, on genmay. srsly.

Having to be born in the US is a really stupid rule.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
May we have the envelope please.

We are proud to announce that the irrelevant post award goes to bingstudent.

just because you can't please everyone doesn't mean he won't / shouldn't get a second term.

american government is finally getting something done for the 30 percent in the middle of the political spectrum that aren't dumbasses.

TheMorlock

Quote:
just because you can't please everyone doesn't mean he won't / shouldn't get a second term.

american government is finally getting something done for the 30 percent in the middle of the political spectrum that aren't dumbasses.

You wouldn't know the middle if they beat down your door.

Coqui

Quote:
I was not sure if Puerto Riccans qualified as natural born citizens as it's a territory and not a state.

Born in Ft. Lewis (Tacoma), Washington

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
name ticket and campaign shpiel now and genmay will help you rise to the top

Here are my stances on some key points on my campaign

Gun Control - I believe everyone has the right to own a gun. I don't think there's a limit as to what kind of gun and what you can buy for your gun. However, you still must submit to a waiting period and background check. If you are even found guilty of a violent crime, you will not be able to purchase or own a gun. If you are found to commit a crime using a weapon, penalties will be harsher and no chance for parole during your incarceration. Long of the short, you can own a gun, but as soon as you prove you shouldn't own a gun, prepare to get your ass handed to you.

Abortion - I am pro-life. However, the government should not dictate the ability to end a pregnancy. However 2nd and 3rd term abortions will still be illegal. 3 months is long enough to decide if you want a baby or not.

Civil Unions - They are a marriage via official documents only. Therefore, since they are not a marriage recognized by a church, they won't be called marriages. However, since they are recognized by the state (where each state can decide if they want to allow civil unions or not) those involved in civil unions will be allowed all rights a married couple can have.

Drugs - Drugs are illegal if they can permanently alter the person (addiction, etc.) Should said substance already be legalized, I'm not going to modify it (cigarettes) If there's proof withiout a shadow of a doubt that marijuana has no long term affects nor addiction (other than the possibility of lung cancer), it will be legalized, but taxed on the level of cigarettes. You must also be 21 or older. (Sorry I want college kids to focus more on college than pot)

Education - Education will be my number 1 priority. I believe that increasing education will help in lots of aspects of trouble in our country. Part of this includes making sure teachers get more money.

Government Reform - No more pork spending. If a bill has something in addition to what the intention of the bill was supposed to be, it will be vetod. There's enough time in congress to pass mutliple bills. You can separate the requests into multiple bills.

More to come later.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Born in Ft. Lewis (Tacoma), Washington

Ok I will take the position of your sec of defense.

Rapier

Quote:
I was not sure if Puerto Riccans qualified as natural born citizens as it's a territory and not a state.
That's retarded. If you were born in any piece of land of which the US is sovereign, then you are a natural born citizen. John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, for example.

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:

I'd probably say anyone who defines themselves as right of center doesn't like him too much, not just the far right.

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Having to be born in the US is a really stupid rule.

we dont want eurotrash coming over here and mandating that soccer is the national sport

Quote:
Here are my stances on some key points on my campaign

Gun Control - I believe everyone has the right to own a gun. I don't think there's a limit as to what kind of gun and what you can buy for your gun. However, you still must submit to a waiting period and background check. If you are even found guilty of a violent crime, you will not be able to purchase or own a gun. If you are found to commit a crime using a weapon, penalties will be harsher and no chance for parole during your incarceration. Long of the short, you can own a gun, but as soon as you prove you shouldn't own a gun, prepare to get your ass handed to you.

Abortion - I am pro-life. However, the government should not dictate the ability to end a pregnancy. However 2nd and 3rd term abortions will still be illegal. 3 months is long enough to decide if you want a baby or not.

Civil Unions - They are a marriage via official documents only. Therefore, since they are not a marriage recognized by a church, they won't be called marriages. However, since they are recognized by the state (where each state can decide if they want to allow civil unions or not) those involved in civil unions will be allowed all rights a married couple can have.

Drugs - Drugs are illegal if they can permanently alter the person (addiction, etc.) Should said substance already be legalized, I'm not going to modify it (cigarettes) If there's proof withiout a shadow of a doubt that marijuana has no long term affects nor addiction (other than the possibility of lung cancer), it will be legalized, but taxed on the level of cigarettes. You must also be 21 or older. (Sorry I want college kids to focus more on college than pot)

Education - Education will be my number 1 priority. I believe that increasing education will help in lots of aspects of trouble in our country. Part of this includes making sure teachers get more money.

Government Reform - No more pork spending. If a bill has something in addition to what the intention of the bill was supposed to be, it will be vetod. There's enough time in congress to pass mutliple bills. You can separate the requests into multiple bills.

More to come later.

ygpm

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
That's retarded. If you were born in any piece of land of which the US is sovereign, then you are a natural born citizen. John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, for example.

The Guam natives cant even vote according to news coverage. So I think you may be a little mixed up.

http://www.puertorico-herald.org/iss...ll0738-en.html

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
I'd probably say anyone who defines themselves as right of center doesn't like him too much, not just the far right.

Obama has cut taxes for 95 percent of earners, froze federal government spending, just launched an expansion of OSD, has taken a strong anti-abortion position as part of the health care reform, and has dumped cap and trade. What more does the right of center want?