General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > [M]eetups
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Anyone gong to the F1 race?

I'll be there, general admission... If y'all aren't too afraid of me, I'm willing to meet somewhere.

PM for phone number, or keep an eye out for me. I'll be there all three days.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

punisher

Wanted to for awhile but talked myself out of it. I was looking forward to it until Tavo got edged out of the mix, and now I just don't feel like messing with the traffic out to Manor or the crowds. Considered taking a helo in from Georgetown but due to the payload capacity, and our combined weight, my buds and I couldn't split the bill enough to make a grand en.

Tex, hope you have a great day out there. Might need a raincoat.

PS: Have a shot with Kimi for me................before the race.

Lemmy66

I will have to see.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

is with the necrobump?

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Jehannum

Hey tard, I'm going this year. My seats are in the bleachers at turn 12.

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
Hey tard, I'm going this year. My seats are in the bleachers at turn 12.

Figures. I was actually thinking of not going this year.

--John Hobbs

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Is this thing worth the drive from DFW to Austin? I've only been to one race in my life (Nascar @TMS) and thought it was pretty cool, but not something I really got hooked on..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Is this thing worth the drive from DFW to Austin? I've only been to one race in my life (Nascar @TMS) and thought it was pretty cool, but not something I really got hooked on..

I thought it was, tbh. I had a blast last November, despite the deer hitting the car.

The track is gorgeous, the cars are the fastest in the world, the drivers are the world's best, and it's just plain fun. Fuckton of walking, and the foodstuffs are outrageously expensive; but overall it's very worth the time.

If you go, consider the general admission, because those seats aren't really bad, unless the crowd is always standing. But that can happen in the stands, too.

And be prepared to walk, ALOT. it's a long track, and the maximum elevation changes are in the neighborhood of 150-170ft.

Show up on day one, and plan to get your souvenirs then; I made the mistake of doing it on day 3, and missed out on some good stuff; plus, got caught in the worst lines to the busses.

All in all, it was a blast. Austin is a great place, and I had fun, despite the 60 mile drive to and from LaGrange.

Do eet.

--John Hobbs

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
I thought it was, tbh. I had a blast last November, despite the deer hitting the car.

The track is gorgeous, the cars are the fastest in the world, the drivers are the world's best, and it's just plain fun. Fuckton of walking, and the foodstuffs are outrageously expensive; but overall it's very worth the time.

If you go, consider the general admission, because those seats aren't really bad, unless the crowd is always standing. But that can happen in the stands, too.

And be prepared to walk, ALOT. it's a long track, and the maximum elevation changes are in the neighborhood of 150-170ft.

Show up on day one, and plan to get your souvenirs then; I made the mistake of doing it on day 3, and missed out on some good stuff; plus, got caught in the worst lines to the busses.

All in all, it was a blast. Austin is a great place, and I had fun, despite the 60 mile drive to and from LaGrange.

Do eet.
Yeah, I went to UT so I know Austin is a cool place, but I'm not sure the race would be worth the price of admission + extras. The thing I liked about the Nascar race was the fact that I sat at the infamous corner where most of the high speed crashes happened (I think they fixed the track now though) and that made the whole traffic jam getting there worth it...I don't think F1 is contact sport like Nascar.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Yeah, I went to UT so I know Austin is a cool place, but I'm not sure the race would be worth the price of admission + extras. The thing I liked about the Nascar race was the fact that I sat at the infamous corner where most of the high speed crashes happened (I think they fixed the track now though) and that made the whole traffic jam getting there worth it...I don't think F1 is contact sport like Nascar.

Nah, but the viciousness of the cars, their speeds, and power is what makes it worth it. You have no idea until you experience it; even once gives you a whole new perspective on what you see on TV.

If this is the only time you do it, then do it. It'll be worth your while.

Besides, I'm sure BFLAPS will let you bunk in his new hacienda.

--John Hobbs

RavinDJ

Interested in going in the future... keep us posted!

thewelshman

Saw F1 and thought it had something to do with tornadoes.

Bambi Stephens

I had a chance to watch in Singapore last October, it was awesome!