General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinlife View Post
He made a decision and stuck to it like a good leader...courage to follow through isn't something that can be learned

One can question the wisdom of his decisions though..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
He made a decision and stuck to it like a good leader...courage to follow through isn't something that can be learned

This is not the measure of a good leader.

A good leader makes _good_ decisions.

A good leader doesn't use bad decisions that hurt "his people" to line his own pockets.

By your definition any crazed dictator with an infallible belief in himself is a good leader.

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
This is not the measure of a good leader.

A good leader makes _good_ decisions.

A good leader doesn't use bad decisions that hurt "his people" to line his own pockets.

By your definition any crazed dictator with an infallible belief in himself is a good leader.

I don't argue against the notion that he made bad decisions but to claim that it was just to line his pockets is utterly stupid. It's like you're suggesting that he actually agreed with the opposite of everything he did but made his decisions because he was evil and greedy. That is fucking moronic every time regardless of which side it comes from.

He wasn't evil, he was wrong.

wwilliam54

I have to agree, he was just stupid.
Dick Cheney was the evil overlord of the USA for 8 years.

wwilliam54

dp

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
psst, most of the insurgents in iraq were not iraqis

Maybe most of the insurgents whos primary goal was attacking US forces. The vast majority of violence was native Iraqi on native Iraqi.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Just got back from seeing "Green Zone"...pretty good movie. I can't wait until more people see this and think it's a recreation of actual events. Of course without giving the story away to people who haven't seen the movie...I can say that the scenario seems plausible to those who didn't follow the actual events too closely. The pre-invasion Iraq WMD intel was bad no question about it, but the of this movie is pure Hollywood.

Uh having read the off wikipedia it reads exactly like what actually happened? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downing_Street_memo

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
You heard it here folks, stick to your guns and it basically doesn't matter how many people you kill, you're a good guy!

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
I don't argue against the notion that he made bad decisions but to claim that it was just to line his pockets is utterly stupid. It's like you're suggesting that he actually agreed with the opposite of everything he did but made his decisions because he was evil and greedy. That is fucking moronic every time regardless of which side it comes from.

Actually he was/is evil. He probably didn't understand the full consequences of what he was doing or why it was evil but that doesn't excuse him.

Patriotic Eagle

Bush was at least as smart as the average person, I don't understand why many people constantly claim he was some simpleton being manipulated by Dick Cheney (not that he wasn't being manipulated to some degree) or was incapable of evaluating the evidence in front of him. Maybe it's because they identify with him on some level and don't want to think of themselves as capable of making the same decisions or admit their responsibility in the war.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
Uh having read the off wikipedia it reads exactly like what actually happened? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downing_Street_memo
You haven't seen the movie yet...no mention of British involvement or any "secret memo" in the movie at all. I'll be the first to agree that the whole WMD thing stunk (but still think military intervention in Iraq was inevitable at some point) but the pl0t of this movie plays like something cooked up on one of the many conspiracy websites. Still entertaining though...as long as the live action "shaky camera" style doesn't make you seasick.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:

I don't think that Bush agreed with the opposite of everything the administration did (obviously huge portions of the administration was absolutely delusional, example: "they will great us as liberators," "it could last six days, six weeks, I doubt six months") ... but that doesn't mean the prospect of plopping down some US oil wells and fat PMC kickbacks didn't help motivate the decision to invade as well.

Bukkakeboy

Quote:

Ok, that came out wrong. He didn't just do it to line his pockets.

I honestly believe he got carried away by propaganda and a lust for war to go into iraq, but once that became the way they used that opportunity for all it was worth to retain a hold on power through fear and to funnel money from the american people to friends/special interests.

Cost+

nuff said

-Tongboy

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
You haven't seen the movie yet...no mention of British involvement or any "secret memo" in the movie at all. I'll be the first to agree that the whole WMD thing stunk (but still think military intervention in Iraq was inevitable at some point) but the pl0t of this movie plays like something cooked up on one of the many conspiracy websites. Still entertaining though...as long as the live action "shaky camera" style doesn't make you seasick.

a) inevitable at some point is a retarded statement.

b) elaborate on why it was inevitable

-Tongboy

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
a) inevitable at some point is a retarded statement.

b) elaborate on why it was inevitable

Why make 2 points for just one point?