General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
fuck that's cool. never heard of moon clips before.

What? For reals? S&W just released a revolver that requires them since it's chambered in 9mm which doesn't have a rim.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
I bet he has a trigger pull measured in ounces

Nope. That gun he won with had something like an 8 pound pull. The dude will end you with a hand shake. It's amazing considering he's a senior citizen.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

damn

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Yeah. He's also got a super troll level sense of humor which make's him that much more awesome.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

I love that superlight setup he's using in that vid.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33T_h4x0r_d00d View Post
. The top one is a 9mm AR with a SOCOM block so it takes STEN mags. .

What made you decide to go with sten mags?

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
What made you decide to go with sten mags?

A guy was willing to trade me the complete upper, socom block and a bunch of mags for a used 16" 5.56 upper I had. I shot it first and then made the trade. He was an old guy who I don't think knew what he had.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
A guy was willing to trade me the complete upper, socom block and a bunch of mags for a used 16" 5.56 upper I had. I shot it first and then made the trade. He was an old guy who I don't think knew what he had.

Gotcha.

I have a couple extra lowers that I haven't decided what to do with. One might become a 9mm. If it does It will take glock mags.

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
Gotcha.

I have a couple extra lowers that I haven't decided what to do with. One might become a 9mm. If it does It will take glock mags.

Unless you already have a boat load of them or have a Sub 2000 that takes glock mags you probably want to go with a metal bodied mag. Uzi, sten, sterling, mac, MP5, etc.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
Unless you already have a boat load of them or have a Sub 2000 that takes glock mags you probably want to go with a metal bodied mag. Uzi, sten, sterling, mac, MP5, etc.

I may have a few of those in a box somewhere .

and I want a SUB 2K

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
I love that superlight setup he's using in that vid.

Hell yes it is

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

I'm thinking of picking up an X frame revolver next. Not sure if I want to get a .460mag or .500mag. Also not sure if I want to get a 4" or an 8 3/4".

.460mag is $1.30 - $1.80 a shot. .500mag is $2.00 - $3.00 a shot.
.460mag is flatter shooting and carries more energy farther but .500mag starts off with more energy.

This will be a range toy that I will occasionally concealed carry because: reasons. They're both obnoxiously sized so there's not much difference between the two barrel lengths. Which would you buy?

BotecoHM

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:

oh and I meant to ask- I've heard that glock mags are more reliable than stens or uzis. confirm? deny?

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
oh and I meant to ask- I've heard that glock mags are more reliable than stens or uzis. confirm? deny?

Glock people tend to be like SIG, HK and 1911 people. "THIS THING I HAVE IS THE BESTEST THING EVER! YOU SHOULD LIKE THIS THING THAT I BOUGHT! WHY HAVEN'T YOU BOUGHT ONE YET?" There is a certain amount of ribbing each other with mild fanboyism that's all in good fun but some people, especially on the interwebs, suck down the brand cool-aid like Sasha Grey sucked down dicks.

Glock mags are great. They're simple, they're universal as long as you stay away from the asian contract mags and they're generally pretty robust. If I were to choose between thin walled pistol mags (thin because they have to fit into a grip and still have human finger kinda fit around it) and thick walled sub machine gun mags, I'm going with the thicker, more robust mags.

That comes with the understanding that either way you need to inspect the mag body for dings, the follower for cracks/bends, the floor plate for fit and especially the spring for life left. A shitty STEN mag is obviously not going to work as well as a new glock mag. If you pick up a dozen older sub gun mags pickup an equal number of replacement springs and be prepared to pull them apart and clean/lube them. If you're going to a show to pickup some long stick mags like for a sten, suomi, tommy gun or uzi, take a 12" - 18" long screwdriver with tape folded over the end. You can use it to work the mag and check for weak springs, shitty followers or bend/kinks/dents in the body that will bind the follower.

Since we're talking about sten mags anyway, I've always liked them since they're double, thick walled near the lips. They're generally some of the most robust mags you can get along with UZI, Mac (metal not plastic) and suomi mags.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
Glock people tend to be like SIG, HK and 1911 people. "THIS THING I HAVE IS THE BESTEST THING EVER! YOU SHOULD LIKE THIS THING THAT I BOUGHT! WHY HAVEN'T YOU BOUGHT ONE YET?" There is a certain amount of ribbing each other with mild fanboyism that's all in good fun but some people, especially on the interwebs, suck down the brand cool-aid like Sasha Grey sucked down dicks.

Glock mags are great. They're simple, they're universal as long as you stay away from the asian contract mags and they're generally pretty robust. If I were to choose between thin walled pistol mags (thin because they have to fit into a grip and still have human finger kinda fit around it) and thick walled sub machine gun mags, I'm going with the thicker, more robust mags.

That comes with the understanding that either way you need to inspect the mag body for dings, the follower for cracks/bends, the floor plate for fit and especially the spring for life left. A shitty STEN mag is obviously not going to work as well as a new glock mag. If you pick up a dozen older sub gun mags pickup an equal number of replacement springs and be prepared to pull them apart and clean/lube them. If you're going to a show to pickup some long stick mags like for a sten, suomi, tommy gun or uzi, take a 12" - 18" long screwdriver with tape folded over the end. You can use it to work the mag and check for weak springs, shitty followers or bend/kinks/dents in the body that will bind the follower.

Since we're talking about sten mags anyway, I've always liked them since they're double, thick walled near the lips. They're generally some of the most robust mags you can get along with UZI, Mac (metal not plastic) and suomi mags.

Good info. I'm not a "fanboy" at all, but we all have some biases. I actually suspected that some of the stuff I'd read about glock mags being inherently more reliable than sten or uzi may have been less than accurate.