General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf(e) View Post
What about the people who do try and still just end up with shit? What about people who were genuinely dealt a really bad hand in life, like, across the board, bad?
Because here's a secret a lot of people who say the kind of shit you just said like to believe isn't true: those people exist in fucking droves. Not everyone can be a winner. Our civilization does not operate in such a way as to allow for everyone to be successful given everyone puts forth the same effort.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, while it is not bad advice to tell people to try harder, the underlying issue is not that people simply don't try. That is a symptom. The underlying problem is that there is limited space for success within the framework of our society. At least, for the kind of success that's considered ideal in the developed world, anyway.

he said "people who have it better" which isn't the same perhaps - it's fairly mild in aspiration

It is true though that inherently you have to work harder and longer hours for a lesser wage as a byproduct of capitalism, since you have to also earn a profit for someone else above you, not just yourself, with whatever value you create at work. The trick is to position yourself into a place where you can skim the labor of others in this fashion, or be stuck at the bottom as the work horse. The definition of a winner lies somewhere towards the top, not the bottom, and it is possible to move yourself through the social strata to some extent. A lot of it has to happen early - if you grew up in Hollywood, Manhattan or Ferguson, your parents, their behavior and finances will dictate the options available to you. Social mobility is not the best in the US, neither is our income distribution, but at the very least if you were born into a middle class family chances are you will be able to stay there - same goes for being poor or wealthy - so having no big surprises in life can be argued to have benefits.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
BORKED

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_size#Humans

"average adult brain volume of 1130 cubic centimetres (cm3) for women and 1260 cm3 for men. There is substantial variation however;[1] a study of 46 adults aged 22–49 years and of mainly European descent, found an average brain volume of 1273.6 cm3 for men, ranging from 1052.9 to 1498.5 cm3, and 1131.1 cm3 for women, ranging from 974.9 to 1398.1 cm3.[2]

The right cerebral hemisphere is typically larger than the left, whereas the cerebellar hemispheres are typically of more similar size. Men have 10% bigger brains than women.[3] The adult human brain weighs on average about 1.5 kg (3.3 lb)[4] with a volume of around 1130 cubic centimetres cm3 in women and 1260 cm3 in men, although there is substantial individual variation.[5]"

Also check out the part on "Biogeographic variation" which would go along with what IQ studies suggest.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

I wonder where we officially draw the line for "white people" is it 1-3 or do we add 4?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitzpatrick_scale

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

plenty of white people who fit type 4. Italians, spaniards, etc...

type 2 re%

brown card

I gotta be III... blue eyes, freckles, I tan a little but it's probably more of a borderline burn honestly... Brown hair, though..

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

I'm somewhere between 3 and 4 then

Also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people

It's a worthless term really

brown card

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
It's a worthless term really

except when trying to place blame for various hardships

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown card View Post
except when trying to place blame for various hardships

Exactly

On the flip side of the tumbler anti-white racists who believe the only thing standing between them and utopia is "white people" (while many of them are white, some often specify "white men"), you have the traditional working class racists who hate "dark people" for ruining the economy by taking their jobs, being terrorists, doing crimes and sitting on welfare.

Blaming others for stuff is a true cornerstone of humanity