General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Damn now I know who to ask about cable... Do you do this for work?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Damn now I know who to ask about cable... Do you do this for work?
Because I was trying to help a bro with an over the air antenna that has nothing to do with cable? I've never worked for a cable company, but would be happy to answer all your questions.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

I sort of tuned out all the recent developments in air antenas, had cable for a very long time now.

Even my troglodyte stepdad finally got dtv about 6 years ago. he had one of them revolving motor antennas on top of the house he was fairly proud of it too. I remember every couple years something would happen to it and he'd fix it up. Ah the good ol days

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
I sort of tuned out all the recent developments in air antenas, had cable for a very long time now.

Even my troglodyte stepdad finally got dtv about 6 years ago. he had one of them revolving motor antennas on top of the house he was fairly proud of it too. I remember every couple years something would happen to it and he'd fix it up. Ah the good ol days
It's been 10+ years since I've used one, but the signal is the same and I doubt antenna technology has made any great leaps. It's always good to have one around in case your cable/sat goes out for any length of time...if it also takes out your interwebs you'll need some way to pass time..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
It's been 10+ years since I've used one, but the signal is the same and I doubt antenna technology has made any great leaps. It's always good to have one around in case your cable/sat goes out for any length of time...if it also takes out your interwebs you'll need some way to pass time..

got a lot of locally stored material

ZMan
title fixed for good of forums

I just didn't feel the $90 a month (+$60 for internet) was worth it when the channels I watched played the same damn shows all the time. I can get what I watch for much cheaper elsewhere. Not to mention the price goes up $10 every year. Costs have to be cut somewhere, my pay doesn't go up as fast as the cost of living does thats for sure. I really just want live TV for local news and football, thats all I need it for, netflix, newsgroups, crackle, etc, take care of everything else. Anything I can't get on those services I've learned to live without.

Anyway, before I aimed the antenna with a compass I tried moving it around while someone watched the tv, nothing changed really. I do live in the country, 27 miles from the broadcast towers. I've had a lot of friends around here tell me exactly how they did it, but it won't work for me, could be my TV I don't know. I might just end up calling a professional.
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2l
'13 F-150 Ecoboost

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
I just didn't feel the $90 a month (+$60 for internet) was worth it when the channels I watched played the same damn shows all the time. I can get what I watch for much cheaper elsewhere. Not to mention the price goes up $10 every year. Costs have to be cut somewhere, my pay doesn't go up as fast as the cost of living does thats for sure. I really just want live TV for local news and football, thats all I need it for, netflix, newsgroups, crackle, etc, take care of everything else. Anything I can't get on those services I've learned to live without.

Anyway, before I aimed the antenna with a compass I tried moving it around while someone watched the tv, nothing changed really. I do live in the country, 27 miles from the broadcast towers. I've had a lot of friends around here tell me exactly how they did it, but it won't work for me, could be my TV I don't know. I might just end up calling a professional.
Is your internet through cable? If so you might want to try something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-015-_-Product It will allow you to pull in unscrambled cable channels and hook up an antenna as well. Your ATSC tuner on the tv may be fried if you can't pull in anything by antenna but your neighbors can, but then again you may just be in a weird spot where the signal is blocked by something..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

joemama

Something fishy is going on, I copy/pasta a Newegg url and it comes up Walmart

Has the Egg succumbed to the giant or is genmay itself fucking around?

edit- now it's back to Newegg, I've haven't browsed wally world for anything in ages.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Something fishy is going on, I copy/pasta a Newegg url and it comes up Walmart

Has the Egg succumbed to the giant or is genmay itself fucking around?

edit- now it's back to Newegg, I've haven't browsed wally world for anything in ages.

My 'egg links worked ok fwiw

could it be spyware? Ive seen some that replaces copied text with some sort of spam links