General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Frenetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
Did I say we were LIVING in Digg?
I'm always pretty amazed when I see people who are SHOCKED and OUTRAGED that their comments and posts are edited and banned from other people's websites because "it's a free country." It's like they believe the first amendment gives them carte blank to do and say what they want on websites paid and operated by other people.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DigitalChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
I'm always pretty amazed when I see people who are SHOCKED and OUTRAGED that their comments and posts are edited and banned from other people's websites because "it's a free country." It's like they believe the first amendment gives them carte blank to do and say what they want on websites paid and operated by other people.

It is why I love the internet. You can implement tons of different governing models into place on a community and see how it unfolds. Granted there is a HUGE scope of real life problems that don't come into play but the basics of getting everyone to play nice, or get the most valuable content, etc etc all turns into individual niches that do need to be satisfied in the governments people live in.

Jack Fickleson

Why must everything be a conspiracy? The local roads are shit, blame the Freemasons. Your modem died, blame the illuminati.

Free speech is a shitty idea, for one. It might have worked back in the time when they thought of it, when everythone thought the same thing anyway, but not anymore. Repeal it. I, for one, would love to see the ranting comspiracy loons, Holocaust denial "experts"(total liars) and other wackos silenced. People confuse "having a right" with "being right".

As for the Freemasons... who cares? A bunch of bricklayers founded a meeting hall. Big deal. They're still the working class, they have no power. Sitting around drinking and playing darts doesn't run the world.

Frenetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Fickleson View Post
Why must everything be a conspiracy? The local roads are shit, blame the Freemasons. Your modem died, blame the illuminati.

Free speech is a shitty idea, for one. It might have worked back in the time when they thought of it, when everythone thought the same thing anyway, but not anymore. Repeal it. I, for one, would love to see the ranting comspiracy loons, Holocaust denial "experts"(total liars) and other wackos silenced. People confuse "having a right" with "being right".

As for the Freemasons... who cares? A bunch of bricklayers founded a meeting hall. Big deal. They're still the working class, they have no power. Sitting around drinking and playing darts doesn't run the world.
Oh, my God, totally not a dupe.

Totally not.