General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

To be totally fair most philosophy PhDs come across to me as people who did very little philosophical thought on their own and just memorized every book written by whatever philosopher they took a liking to during their teen years.

Not that it's a subject worth the paper its written on, though.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Because for all your bullshit, all your metaphorical hogwash, in the end you are a pseudo-intellectual youtube-scientist that loves to be a furry.

You do know that educational philosophy means nothing more than philosophy that has been outdated for 100's of years.

The western world did not even understand the meaning of the word philosophy till after 1960. (Mcluhan was butting up on it in the 50's though)

Going into modern philosophy circles armed with Socrates and Plato will get you looked at like a moron.

And no, University Professors are not modern philosophy. Modern philosophy is reserved to those that are actually writing the books that contain novel ideas. Philosophy is not a past-tense word.

Being a past-tense philosopher does not make you an intellectual, it simply makes you outdated, lazy, lame and cliche.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
To be totally fair most philosophy PhDs come across to me as people who did very little philosophical thought on their own and just memorized every book written by whatever philosopher they took a liking to during their teen years.

Like vendetta.

Vendetta probably hasn't thought a single novel thought in his entire life.

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
Like vendetta.

Vendetta probably hasn't thought a single novel thought in his entire life.

Once again, your idiocy astounds. My doctorate is in Research, Statistics, and Evaluation. My ideas are based on logic and reason, while your fraudulent "postulates" are really just the warped delusions of a small mind.

Vendetta

Your jealously flows out of you as fast as your drug-induced bullshit. I love it.
Quote:
You do know that educational philosophy means nothing more than philosophy that has been outdated for 100's of years.

The western world did not even understand the meaning of the word philosophy till after 1960. (Mcluhan was butting up on it in the 50's though)

Going into modern philosophy circles armed with Socrates and Plato will get you looked at like a moron.

And no, University Professors are not modern philosophy. Modern philosophy is reserved to those that are actually writing the books that contain novel ideas. Philosophy is not a past-tense word.

Being a past-tense philosopher does not make you an intellectual, it simply makes you outdated, lazy, lame and cliche.

Vendetta

Quote:

For the most part, I agree with you.

Saxman924

Quote:
Let me get this straight--you rail on the PhDs and academics on this board for not experiencing true knowledge...and you post a paper you wrote for PHILOSPHY 197?!?!?

This explains so much

edit: furthermore, what professor accepts your hokey fuck images throughout your paper?
Holy shit, what started out as at least a quasi-acceptable critique/summary quickly degenerated into a bunch of blabbering BS from a lunatic. Surprise, surprise.

CHRIST YOU FUCKING FRAUD.

I couldn't keep reading after I saw the monkey image. I would be embarrassed turning that horse shit in.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
For the most part, I agree with you.

Well yeah. At least that's the way they come across. Many seem to be very ignorant about even the most basic of modern scientific principles as well. I remember getting into a debate with an ethics Prof about the nature of time, and I mentioned something about the relativistic effects speed has on time. The prof said to the entire class that it has never been conclusively proven.

Well lets just say it didn't end well.

ry_goody

Quote:
Your jealously flows out of you as fast as your drug-induced bullshit. I love it.

none of this has to with drugs

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxman924 View Post
I couldn't keep reading after I saw the monkey image. I would be embarrassed turning that horse shit in.

I cut the paper down to proper book size and bound it before turning it in so it looked legit

ry_goody

Quote:
Once again, your idiocy astounds. My doctorate is in Research, Statistics, and Evaluation. My ideas are based on logic and reason, while your fraudulent "postulates" are really just the warped delusions of a small mind.

My ideas are based on evidence.

You know dianetics holds alot of logic and reason.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

So you're a scientologist?

ry_goody

Quote:
So you're a scientologist?

No, I'm just saying that to point out that logic and reason can lead you down some pretty fucked up trains of thought.

you need evidence for your beliefs, otherwise your floating in abstracts

Omega31589

"Meditation upon the hexagon can only be evidenced by the individual"

Way to string big words together in order to try to fool whatever ass-backwards community college professor that has the displeasure of having you in his class. If I handed in a steaming turd of a paper like yours in to one of the professors at my university, it would have gone in the trash the moment he saw the first picture in the text of an academic paper.

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
why would I want to?

nothing I've said disagrees with science

You said that reality is fractal and that inside each thing is another.

Quantized states directly conflict with your claim.

Quote:
Don't forget reality is fractal. You can keep zooming in and in and in...

You cannot keep zooming in. There is nothing in between.