General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammel View Post
The fair tax would combine all taxes and fees together and put it into the base price of it making it actually cheaper in the end.

Their own research and that of outside researchers generally concludes that it is "revenue neutral", which would hardly make anything "cheaper" or any different at all in the end. It is just a change in the way in which it is collected. The only real difference is that savings would be more encouraged than now, and spending would be less encouraged.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
lol jealous much?

if you are for higher taxes on the rich, you would be less jealous then if you are against such taxes, no?

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

wingedbuttmonkey

I prefer the APT tax.
http://www.apttax.com/

The basics of it are that we get rid of every single tax we currently have. There are no deductions, no loopholes, nothing. Then, every single transaction is taxed at a fraction of a percent, anywhere from .25% to 1% has been discussed. The tax would be automatically calculated by the Automated Clearing House and banking software. It would save a projected $500 billion per year in costs associated with our current tax system.

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Fickleson View Post
The rich should be taxed more. Or is reducing their yearly income to ONLY $20 million so barbaric and unthinkable?

I hate the rich anyway. They're never content with what they have.

as opposed to lazy welfare fucks, who are constantly whining for "more" of their "fair share" of OTHER people's money.

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
as opposed to lazy welfare fucks, who are constantly whining for "more" of their "fair share" of OTHER people's money.

and again, here is the problem with the two opposing views on taxing the rich/social nets.

the ones who are against increasing the taxes on the rich to help fund social services focus on the moochers. Your argumentation is basically what the guy i quoted said.

the ones(my view) who are for increasing the taxes on the rich to help fund social services on the other hand focus on the people who genuinely need the help that system provides.

Yes, I see that there are moochers and leeches, lazy as hell getting money for cheating the system. But there are also people in genuine need, and as long as we help more of those people, I don't mind so much that we are also helping leeches. Its incredibly gay to feed lazy mooches who just dont want to work, but I realize that you can't actually help people in need without some retards takign advantage of the system. To prevent that would cost more money then its worth.

While you guys on the other hand seems to ignore the people who really honestly need social services, and just scream "OMG FAT NIGNOGS TAKING OUR MONEY BECAUSE THEY CBA TO WORK" incessantly.

Thats my summary on this view at least, feel free to correct me

-Tongboy

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
and again, here is the problem with the two opposing views on taxing the rich/social nets.

the ones who are against increasing the taxes on the rich to help fund social services focus on the moochers. Your argumentation is basically what the guy i quoted said.

the ones(my view) who are for increasing the taxes on the rich to help fund social services on the other hand focus on the people who genuinely need the help that system provides.

Yes, I see that there are moochers and leeches, lazy as hell getting money for cheating the system. But there are also people in genuine need, and as long as we help more of those people, I don't mind so much that we are also helping leeches. Its incredibly gay to feed lazy mooches who just dont want to work, but I realize that you can't actually help people in need without some retards takign advantage of the system. To prevent that would cost more money then its worth.

While you guys on the other hand seems to ignore the people who really honestly need social services, and just scream "OMG FAT NIGNOGS TAKING OUR MONEY BECAUSE THEY CBA TO WORK" incessantly.

Thats my summary on this view at least, feel free to correct me

while you may be cool with feeding the leeches, as long as some or "most" of the money goes to those in need, I'm not. I think the social services system, (some parts more then others) is so rife with bureaucratic over bloated inefficiency, leechers, and outright fraudsters that it would be well worth either reforming, shrinking, or in some cases outright abolishing these programs.

I'm all for helping out folks who are down on their luck, esp in these tough times, and need a temporary hand UP. And by temporary I mean like around 6 months instead of 6 yrs. For someone who's disabled, like in a wheelchair, sure, they'll need more help/time. But even many in that situation can still be taught a skill or trade and become at least partially independent.

Somewhere between the conservative "No monies for anyone!" and the liberal "Free monies for ALL!" *except white male hetros-

-there lies an area that I'm cool with. Something along the lines of helping out those who are ready and WILLING to work but need a time limited amount to get themselves on their feet, where fraud is actively and vigorously pursued, weeded out, and prosecuted harshly. Where the bureaucracy is just enough to run it, and no more. Where the government workers can be fired like any other lazy asshole, instead of being nearly bulletproof.

Oh well, it's a nice dream. Too bad the liberals will never let anything like that happen. Hell, even Newsom, a pretty staunch liberal hiself, got called a fascist for his "care not cash" idea to reform San Fransisco's welfare system. Seem a few years ago the Chronicle did a story and showed that a large percentage of those getting welfare from the city, were cashing their checks and instead of buying food, lodging, or other things it went right in their arms. So he came up with the idea to give out only $50 or so in cash instead of the $400+ EACH one of the THOUSANDS were getting, and the rest would be in "vouchers" that could be redeemed for lodging, food, and a few other necessities. He also offered free drug rehab and counseling to them. That way, at least the taxpayers wouldn't be directly supporting drug addicts. Makes somewhat common sense, which is why the liberals went apeshit about it, calling it dehumanizing, undignified (cause being an active heroin addict leeching off honest folks labor is so much more dignified ).

Bukkakeboy

That newsom reform sounded awesome, but I do see the point of dehumanization to a small degree, I assume they are talking about having to buy shit at your local shop for vouchers. That makes stigmatization and singling out very easy. But well, beggars can't be choosers.

-Tongboy