General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

FrozenFood
WARNING: may contain shrooms

if drugs are legalised, there will be a few months where everyone tries them, then one of two things may happen with people

i) they try shrooms (for example), they say "wow, that was cool, makes me want to change my life (for the better). drugs like extacy, weed, etc, become a well understood curiosity for the weekend ( like alcohol is now). the effects of drugs are well understood. people are inteligent to the uses / doses. drugs are a side show to life (as they should be)

ii) the dopehead " stays high because life wasnt as intresting as getting high" (typical underachiever who never tries, stays in the same crappy job. a true addict.

education is the key, the goverment doesnt want to legalise "illegal" drugs, because they are afraid that #2 will happen, and they have noone to push about and tax (lol joepits)

never forget that alcohol is the most pointless fucking drug ever invented. there are better and safer ways of getting high. as we all well know.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Roy L Lennigan of the DEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFood
if drugs are legalised, there will be a few months where everyone tries them, then one of two things may happen with people

i) they try shrooms (for example), they say "wow, that was cool, makes me want to change my life (for the better). drugs like extacy, weed, etc, become a well understood curiosity for the weekend ( like alcohol is now). the effects of drugs are well understood. people are inteligent to the uses / doses. drugs are a side show to life (as they should be)

ii) the dopehead " stays high because life wasnt as intresting as getting high" (typical underachiever who never tries, stays in the same crappy job. a true addict.

education is the key, the goverment doesnt want to legalise "illegal" drugs, because they are afraid that #2 will happen, and they have noone to push about and tax (lol joepits)

never forget that alcohol is the most pointless fucking drug ever invented. there are better and safer ways of getting high. as we all well know.

on the same topic of that last part you said, i think it would be much better for society if the government allowed research of drugs. certain drugs could be extracted, or even entirely new drugs made that could have a much better high, or trip, but without so many side effects and consequences. especially in the subtle 'high' range, where you are still coherent, but your mind is working in a much different way than normally.

CumGuzzlingFag
_zoltan_
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010100111001
you're fucking retarded if you think that would happen more than it does now if all drugs were legalized.

btw when is that last time you heard that happening?
never since its illegal, and yes if herion/meth were legallized a bunch of fucknauts trying it would get addicted. most people cant handle those drugs...
<--- zoltan
257e459e9249ec2a45637f617b14adb9

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

Over 700,000 people are arrested each year for drug charges, and that is just for marijuanas. 75% of those arrests are for possession alone. These are not the Pablo Excabars. A lot of them are idiots smoking the “sticky icky” in school parking lots and shopping malls. Yea, their stupid, but with the mandatory federal sentencing laws on drug charges, we're filling our prisons with these non-violent drug offenders. It cost over $20,000 dollars a year to keep a pothead in prison, that's a lot more than having a pothead living on your couch. Do the moral crusaders give a damn about this. Hell no.

We have admitted drug abuses in our government (example: W, Ted Kennedy, and many others). They not only used drugs, they used it in excess. None of this weekend wussy crap for these guys. Be it pot, speed, alcohol, skank, acid, whatever; they all talked about publicly. They learn of the dangers of drugs first hand so they can use your money and violence in your name to stop others. Are they the only ones to be allowed the FREEDOM to learn for themselves.

The funny thing is that we are seeing many studies showing many illegal drugs can have medical uses. There are many medical benefits of marijuana, specially with people going through chemotherapy. No one have died from an overdose of marijuana. NO ONE! Can can't be said about alcohol or tobacco. There is a study that shows that extacy may help people with Parkinson's.

What people do with their own bodies and their own minds is their business, providing they do not impose any harm to other individuals or society. Just stay out of my fucking house. All of ya, the potheads and the fucking government.

Last edited by CRasch; 09-06-2005 at 07:14 AM..

CRasch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumGuzzlingFag
never since its illegal, and yes if herion/meth were legallized a bunch of fucknauts trying it would get addicted. most people cant handle those drugs...
Lets compare the three most common used recreational drugs used in the United States, alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana. Alcohol accounts for 50,000 deaths a year, and tobacco accounts for 440,000. There is no one in history died from overdosing on marijuana It's simply not toxic enough, it could not kill.

If we made dugs legal:

We would have fewer victimless criminals clogging our prisons.
The courts, police, and lawyers would have time to deal with real crimes.
We take away the huge black market profits from the bad guys.
We would be able to ease some suffering.
We can reduce the transmission of HIV and Hepatitis.
We control the quality and dosages so less people would get sick through contamination and overdose.

Last edited by CRasch; 09-06-2005 at 02:45 PM..

Roy L Lennigan of the DEA

Quote:
if, if all drugs were legalized (and this isn't even what this thread is about) i can bet you anything that it would be just as illegal for kids to bring that shit to school. besides, most of the kids who do those kinds of drugs don't even bother going to school.

ry_goody

Quote:

Government controlled distribution is the key for drugs like that. Atleast in the begining. Give the addicts all the heroin they want while also offering the support they need to get off the drugs if they are willing to do so.

CumGuzzlingFag
_zoltan_
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody
Government controlled distribution is the key for drugs like that. Atleast in the begining. Give the addicts all the heroin they want while also offering the support they need to get off the drugs if they are willing to do so.
so you start a problem just to heal it..... doesnt sound too smart too me....
<--- zoltan

Me Again

It would stop them from stealing to pay for their habit, it would be clean (detriment to health is negligible), and we would have a clear picture of what kind of problem we are dealing with (as a public health issue, not a criminal issue) instead of resorting to unscientific extrapolation based on how many people get arrested. Prohibition creates criminals.

synaesthesia
ihasnomoneyiwantstobejapaneseiisaloserihasnomoneyiwantstobejapaneseiisaloserihasnomon

what really needs to be done is the average stoner who bitches about this shit needs to donate to NORML or somebody, then NORML needs to raise their funds and start plastering ads in every magazine, television show and across the internet to deliver their message to the public. Significant public sentiment is already for the decriminalization of marijuana, an advertisement campaign that showed the average middle-class american basic facts about the substance, the war against it, and the costs involved would quickly increase the voter's awareness of the issue; subsequently, public officials would pick up on that, eventually getting voted into places where they can make a difference.

Take a look at the silly freevibe 'antidrug' ads in EGM and CosmoGirl magazine..

Now imagine a full-page ad saying 'It costs $______ a year in tax payer's money to pay for the imprisonment of americans arrested for smoking marijuanna'.

the average american, i think, recognizes most anti-drug propaganda as overblown and/or exaggerated, but numbers dont lie and americans dont take kindly to their taxes going towards frivulous ends.

cartz

Wow, what an awesome thread, very enlightening....

While I can't say that I agree with the legalization of all drugs, I'm definately all for MJ being 100% legal, for all the reasons listed above. I can't agree with legalization of the harder drugs because they really aren't victimless. Heroin addicts take a toll on their families and friends and all who care about them as they spiral through addiction. It has next to no positive effects, and destroys peoples lives.

While I completely agree with the idea that I have the right to pollute my body as I see fit, I believe that some drugs are simply too dangerous to be allowed in society.

That said, we obiviously have a large amount of support for a change in legalisation, and some very compelling arguments for our case. Hows about instead of reinforcing our viewpoints by reiterating them over and over again to each other, we make our viewpoints known to those in power.

Anyone have some webspace to set up an online petition, or know of a current petition that will actually be delivered to those in power?

Action must be taken.... Can we do anything else?

CRasch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niggura
Now imagine a full-page ad saying 'It costs over $20,000 a year per person in tax payer's money to pay for the imprisonment of americans arrested for smoking marijuanna'.

Fixed.

Last edited by CRasch; 10-14-2005 at 01:52 AM..

Geotpf

I'm a "Libertarian Democrat". This means, basically, that the government can do good, by providing goods and services that the free market can't or won't provide to the population at large, (and charge a REASONABLE level of taxation to pay for such), but it shall not prevent anybody from doing anything that doesn't harm others. Smoking weed harms nobody, other than (maybe) the person getting high. Therefore, it should be legal.

CumGuzzlingFag
_zoltan_
pwned

id donate to NORML but it shows as Marijuanna laws as a reciever and my father checks the bills
<--- zoltan

nofuturenochange
Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrich Himmler
No one NEEDS to smoke marijuana, good enough reason to not legalize it.
you're right. no one needs television, or an education, or MOST OF THE STUFF WE FUCKING LIVE WITH TODAY!! lets outlaw all them too!