General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Mr. Baz

Yay, let's just legalize all currently-illegal drugs. That way everyone can go driving around on the highway doped or drugged up and kill innocent by-standers.

Or what about going on a shooting spree because the guy was so drugged up he thought he was dreaming/having a nightmare/in a video game.

Or what happens when lawyers come back and say "he was under the influence of an inhibitor that kept him from making rational decisions. Therefore, it is not my client's fault, but the fault of the drug manufacturer for not making it aware to the public" and now the crook goes free.

I swear, you fucking druggies need to stop toking up and actually use what little brain cells you have left for a change.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

nD[ - Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baz
Yay, let's just legalize all currently-illegal drugs. That way everyone can go driving around on the highway doped or drugged up and kill innocent by-standers.

Or what about going on a shooting spree because the guy was so drugged up he thought he was dreaming/having a nightmare/in a video game.

Or what happens when lawyers come back and say "he was under the influence of an inhibitor that kept him from making rational decisions. Therefore, it is not my client's fault, but the fault of the drug manufacturer for not making it aware to the public" and now the crook goes free.

I swear, you fucking druggies need to stop toking up and actually use what little brain cells you have left for a change.

I think you fail to realize that these kinds of scenarios DON'T FUCKING HAPPEN. Ask a million weed smokers what the worst thing they ever did was and I'll bet you they'll reply with something like, "I ate all the munchies."

Most pot smokers are harmless and content people. Not drugged up psychos bent on killing everyone. Although if I see one I'll be sure to send him your way.

Last edited by nD[ - Slayer; 07-14-2005 at 03:11 PM..

lukeswall

Quote:

oh, the Irony.
You talk about using what little brain cells we have left, but is it so hard for you to understand that anyone who wants drugs already uses them?

theNoid

Government won't have anyway to tax is correctly without widespread misuse and trafficing. It will be quite a long time, and require a fully liberal senate/house to even have a chance. You do realize the majority of the country is against legalizing it ? A few stoners and people with back pain arn't going to change it ... sorry. I think they may even revoking medical use in California soon, sooooo...

Keep dreaming.

Last edited by theNoid; 07-14-2005 at 03:43 PM..

Morris
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid
Government won't have anyway to tax is correctly without widespread misuse and trafficing. It will be quite a long time, and require a fully liberal senate/house to even have a chance. You do realize the majority of the country is against legalizing it ? A few stoners and people with back pain arn't going to change it ... sorry. I think they may even revoking medical use in California soon, sooooo...

Keep dreaming.

Where's your source that says the majority of people are against legalization?

brouski

Quote:
Government won't have anyway to tax is correctly without widespread misuse and trafficing. It will be quite a long time, and require a fully libertarian senate/house to even have a chance. You do realize the majority of the country is against legalizing it ? A few stoners and people with back pain arn't going to change it ... sorry. I think they may even revoking medical use in California soon, sooooo...

Keep dreaming.
fixt

WHO CAN WITHSTAND HIS COCK FUCKING??

Founding member of the Weird Al Fan Club

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Because obviously that would be legal. That is the worst slippery slope argument ever. Are you suggesting that the only thing keeping you from smoking crack all day and driving around high as a kite is the fact that crack is illegal? Hey, alcohol is legal. Do you drink all day long and drive drunk as fuck now? No? same with most people.

Quote:
That happens now, most frequently with alcohol. Again, bad slippery slope. People have access to anything they want now.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/ac.pdf
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/alcohol.htm

Quote:
"Sorry your honor but I was too fucked up" is not a valid excuse for breaking the law in any courtroom I've ever been in. How could you ever prosecute anyone for DUI if that were the case? Being drunk would be an excuse for driving drunk. Again, bad use of the slippery slope argument.

Quote:
Most of the people who actually want to do illicit drugs ARE ALREADY DOING THEM. This argument that if we stop wasting time and money arresting people solely for putting chemicals into their own bodies then everyone will go ape shit on drugs is moronic. Is the only thing stopping you from being a drugged out loser now the legality? You can legally be as big a drunkard as you want as long as you do it in your own home and don't bother anyone. Is that what you and the majority of americans choose to do now because it is legal to do so?

Unfortunately, on this issue, it is not the druggies who need to wake up and smell the coffee. Prohibition is not making you or the druggies safer. It makes us all less safe and it costs us billions of dollars a year. Prohibition creates and maintains the very black markets it is supposed to be destroying, it makes organized crime and terrorists wealthy and powerful, it makes terrorism and terrible things possible and to top things off it hasn't ever effectively controlled the flow of drugs in the country. We figured out that alcohol prohibition was a failure in a little over a decade. We have been trying drug prohibition for the better part of a century now and it hasn't gone any better. When can we finally take stock and admit this already?

SonDogg

Quote:

Keep dreaming.
you mean like the widespread trafficing and production of bootlegged alcohol during and after the prohabition times? oh and weed's not addictive and it doesn't kill you and it's illegal. but cigarettes, alcohol, tylonal, nyquil, perscription drugs (and so on) are legal and they can kill you in one sitting (except cigs). not to mention take a drug program that costs all of us money and shunning a HUGE revenue stream for out gov't. somebody point me in the direction that says pot can kill you, because i know in just about every case im aware of i would much rather be around someone that was high and not drunk, including while im on the freeway.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Government won't have anyway to tax is correctly without widespread misuse and trafficing.
Can we tax alcohol and fruit now? That argument is total .

Quote:
You do realize the majority of the country is against legalizing it ?
Perhaps, but they will be dying out soon enough. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...juana-full.htm
Quote:
The USA TODAY/CNN poll found support for legalization highest among 18- to 49-year-olds...
Quote:
Opposition was greatest among the elderly...
Quote:
A few stoners and people with back pain arn't going to change it ... sorry. I think they may even revoking medical use in California soon, sooooo...
Nope, it's just a matter of time and getting the truth out there. If there is any justice in this world the truth will prevail in the end.

edit:This debate is actually really simple. Anyone for prohibition name any positive benefit you think we get from the prohibition of marijuana and I can point you to the data that says otherwise. Then you can make up your own mind.

Last edited by pyramid; 07-14-2005 at 08:56 PM..

Me Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDogg
they can kill you in one sitting (except cigs)
Try eating a cigarrette and posting in the morning.

Fake edit: Disclaimer: Don't anyone out there be stupid and really eat a cigarrette. You shouldn't even be smoking the damn things.

Me Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid
Then you can make up your own mind.

They won't though, they are diametrically opposed to allowing the ingestion of any substance for the sole purpose of enjoyment. They will never accept the possibility of its harmlessness, despite data to the contrary. They will cling to any semblance of rationality before resorting to frothing at the mouth. They do not know that the bankrupt moral code they align themselves with is puritan in origin, self-denying and masochistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

I Peddle Exotic Augies
Augieonfire
Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > y

I know plenty of people who don't even smoke weed who want it legalized. It only makes fucking sense.

gg
Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peddle Exotic Animals
I know plenty of people who don't even smoke weed who want it legalized. It only makes fucking sense.
Like me. I have never smoked marijuana, yet I am wholeheartedly for its full legalization, not only for matters of principle, but economics. Not only should people be free to use this low-risk substance, but I, as a taxpayer, am sick and tired of paying to enforce this prohibition. Between police, judicial, and other costs, the active cost of prohibition is in the tens of billions of dollars, and that doesn't even include all the lost productivity caused by hassling honest citizens about their private behavior. That figure also does not include if marijuana were a legal crop, how much tax the industry which produces it would pay.

Not to mention that ending prohibition would seriously cut into the profits of violent, organized crime.
As soon as we sail on to Cane Garden Bay

Quinine

Why don't we legalize all controlled substances? The damage created from a hundred-billion dollar black market that is corrupting our legal authorities and world governments, even directly funding terrorism, is far greater than any medical effects that the substance has to a voluntary user. The substance industry is an unregulated one that is capable of selling these substances to anyone, even children (ever notice how pushers never check ID?), without any standard of purity.

isnipesmurfs

I dont know good reasons it should be kept illegal, but I don't like the idea of it being legal. Its heavily abused where I grew up, and it seems to have quite an effect.

I wouldn't vote to legalize it, but I wont argue against it.