General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Badger_sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Did I ever say that it did? The point of that graph was to show jubjub and the OP that the globe is, in fact, warming. That's what this thread was initially about - look at the title.

Point being, it's still cooler now than it was in the past so whether it's warming or not is irrelevant, since it's natural climate change.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly View Post
Point being, it's still cooler now than it was in the past so whether it's warming or not is irrelevant, since it's natural climate change.

You are of the opinion that CO2 is not even a contributing factor to warming?

Tbolt

regardless of what is actually happening, going towards a sustainable lifestyle certainly cant harm anything.

and fuck the ipcc
http://my.telegraph.co.uk/reasonmclu...level_data.htm

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
regardless of what is actually happening, going towards a sustainable lifestyle certainly cant harm anything.

I'll agree to that.

The title of the article is incredibly misleading. Essentially it reports that one guy Nils-Axel Mörner claims data was altered. He's a geologist, believes he has the ability to dowse water, works for a energy company lobby group, and has been denounced by the organization he used to head (INQUA). His credibility is not especially high.

Do you folks really believe there is gigantic conspiracy among scientists?

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
You are of the opinion that CO2 is not even a contributing factor to warming?

what global warming?

TheMorlock

Quote:
Cloudiness at different latitudes has been measured extensively. Look at this graph:

Source: isccp.giss.nasa.gov

While there is less cloud in the south pole, your assertion about there always being more clouds at higher latitudes is, in fact, wrong. There is, at best, a marginal difference in cloud cover across most earth's terrestrial area.

I also seem to recall you arguing previously that the earth is not warming. Do you still stand by that claim or do you want to change this into an argument about the causes of warming?
no wonder you dont know what the fuck you are talking about. learn to fucking read

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
actually cloud cover at different latitudes greatly modifies the impact solar radiation has. It can cause more % to be reflected but also cause more energy once captured to be maintained.

Lower latitudes have more cloud cover. But increase in cloud cover beyond a certain point has no further effect. cloud cover changes at higher latitudes have a large effect.

Now back to co2, not only does the co2 take 800 years after the warming starts to significantly increase it KEEPS on increasing for hundreds of years After the globe starts cooling down again.

But but But science according to Al Gore says thats InconCievieblE

Last edited by TheMorlock; 03-20-2008 at 04:46 PM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
You missed the point. What I said was that you can't make conclusions like "CO2 does not cause global warming" based purely on whether there's a lag between temperature increases and CO2 levels.

you fucking moron. what part about the earth COOLING while Co2 continues to increase for hundreds of years do you not understand?

lets use an analogy(you seem to like them)

If you drop a five hundred pound bomb on someone that has a bic lighter in his pocket and you blame the bic lighter for his death its the same as claiming co2 Causes global warming. well actually not since the bic lighter will beyond a doubt increase the energy the person was subject to but co2 increases while the globe cools so.

You Dont Know Shit is
My final answer

Last edited by TheMorlock; 03-20-2008 at 04:50 PM..

Tbolt

Quote:
Do you folks really believe there is gigantic conspiracy among scientists?

Not necessarily, but the IPCC has been known to lie about data. I am just skeptical, thats all.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
no wonder you dont know what the fuck you are talking about. learn to fucking read

Yes, I made a typo. The graph shows that there is essentially no difference in cloud cover on terrestrial land masses other than the south pole. Learn to interpret graphs.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
what global warming?

So you don't think the earth is warming? A yes or no would suffice.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Not necessarily, but the IPCC has been known to lie about data. I am just skeptical, thats all.

Can you support that claim?

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
you fucking moron. what part about the earth COOLING while Co2 continues to increase for hundreds of years do you not understand?

lets use an analogy(you seem to like them)

If you drop a five hundred pound bomb on someone that has a bic lighter in his pocket and you blame the bic lighter for his death its the same as claiming co2 Causes global warming. well actually not since the bic lighter will beyond a doubt increase the energy the person was subject to but co2 increases while the globe cools so.

You Dont Know Shit is
My final answer

First of all, there's nothing wrong with using analogies to prove a point so stop being inflammatory for no reason.

Second, no one has actually shown me the data they've seen about CO2 levels and corresponding temperatures so I can't really comment on your (new) claims about CO2 rising as the earth cools.

Also, you seem to arguing two very different things. On the one hand you ask "What warming?" and on the other you try to suggest warming is natural. If you believe in the latter you obviously believe there is warming.

TheMorlock

Quote:
So you don't think the earth is warming? A yes or no would suffice.

nice try shit for brains.

A yes or no would suffice for you to pretend I was saying something I am not.

Global warming is a trend, a spiral of increase in temps. there is no such trend.

we have at best a point 5 c increase after 20 different methods and data set after data set getting thrown out because it fails to match the models the global warming crowd keep putting forward. Data sets that does not only show no warming but a decrease in global temps above low cloud cover.

you want to play stupid it seems. Fine with me.

now shit for brains explain how your precious co2 can increase and the globe still cools?

TheMorlock

Quote:
First of all, there's nothing wrong with using analogies to prove a point so stop being inflammatory for no reason.

Second, no one has actually shown me the data they've seen about CO2 levels and corresponding temperatures so I can't really comment on your (new) claims about CO2 rising as the earth cools.

Also, you seem to arguing two very different things. On the one hand you ask "What warming?" and on the other you try to suggest warming is natural. If you believe in the latter you obviously believe there is warming.

well at least you admit you dont know shit about the subject besides what you have been spoonfed

decades old information is not "new"

I am being inflammatory because you dont know shit and repeat all the same crap the gets shot down again and again. and its fun to point and laugh at drool cup wearing tards such as yourself.

Fluctuation are natural. It's possible that we are currently warmer although all solid data says othewise. A warming TREND at this time is not supported by any even mildly rigorous examination of fact. To attribute co2 to this not yet determined temp increase when Real science shows it lags temp increase and the FACT that once a-fucking-gain co2 increase happens long after the globe starts cooling indicates it has no noticible effect and GASP that man made increace in co2 GASP is not going to have more effect than a 1000 fold previous increase in co2 WHILE THE GLOBE WAS COOLING.

learn to fucking read

Last edited by TheMorlock; 03-20-2008 at 05:59 PM..

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
nice try shit for brains.

A yes or no would suffice for you to pretend I was saying something I am not.

Global warming is a trend, a spiral of increase in temps.

Since the question was "do you think there is warming", your definition of global warming is not relevant. Has there been an increase in temperature on the globe since, say, the beginning of the 20th century?

Quote:
we have at best a point 5 c increase after 20 different methods and data set after data set getting thrown out because it fails to match the models the global warming crowd keep putting forward.
5 c isn't significant to you?

Quote:
Data sets that does not only show no warming but a decrease in global temps above low cloud cover.
Since the data does show warming, that statement would be wrong.

Quote:
now shit for brains explain how your precious co2 can increase and the globe still cools?
While there are, in fact, a number of explanations for why such a thing might happen, I'll wait until you provide the data that proves this claim. I await your patented "do your own research" rebuttal.