General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Mediocrates

FYI- Cheap Custom Suits in NY

www.mysuitny.com - not much on the site, but that's it.. it was at 33rd and Broadway, IIRC.

Passed by this place last weekend, and took a look inside today. They'll do full custom-made suits for $495 in whatever style you like (!!). They had a pretty decent selection of fabrics, and, as it turns out, are Zegna's fabric supplier. You get a custom-made, Zegna-fabric suit for $495, or a little bit more for the uber-premium fabrics.

I just bought a Calvin Klein suit from Macy's for $350 and haven't had it tailored yet, but I think I'll be taking it back and getting a custom-made job. Apparently it takes them 14 days.. will post an update if I actually go through with it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

fout

unless things have changed in the past few months, zegna has its own textile mills, thus make their own fabric. i don't understand how your tailor is a "zegna fabric supplier" unless he or she is talking about the fabric for pieces from their lower end diffusion lines (z zegna, zegna sport)

Mediocrates

I think the sales rep said something about Zegna's Z line, so I guess that's it.

It's not just a single tailor, it's a pretty big place.. not a cheap area to have a storefront, either, and $495 is definitely the cheapest I've heard of for a fully custom suit

bigblackz28

Why do you need a custom suit? What is the benefit from going from a CK suit to the custom one?

fout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrates View Post
I think the sales rep said something about Zegna's Z line, so I guess that's it.

BIG difference in that case

Mediocrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackz28 View Post
Why do you need a custom suit? What is the benefit from going from a CK suit to the custom one?

my arms are freakishly long. even the long-sized suit has short sleeves on me.

Comatose51

So my experience has been that any name brand suits can't compete with a tailor made suit in both quality and look. How much are you willing to spend? The tailor I use is based in HK but the travel to various cities around the world throughout the year and meet their clients in a nice hotel room to do the measurements, etc. Once the suit is done, they ship it to you. I'm not sure how they do adjustments though but in my case the fit was near perfect and I've gotten a lot of compliments. IIRC, I paid a little more than $600 for mine.

calara

Hello friends, This is calara..i need custom suits in greys and blues for a party because this is the party theme. I need a perfect look, so kindly suggest me the best custom made tailors. Anyhow i got a tailors name : lifetimetailorhk. Is this true that he is a one of the best tailor.

edplayer
no

Yes, it is true my friend.

May I add that you look mighty sexy tonight...

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calara View Post
Hello friends, This is calara..i need custom suits in greys and blues for a party because this is the party theme. I need a perfect look, so kindly suggest me the best custom made tailors. Anyhow i got a tailors name : lifetimetailorhk. Is this true that he is a one of the best tailor.
"greys and blues for a party because this is the party theme"

Awkward English aside, you are clearly going to a party celebrating the American civil war. Union or Confederacy? And also..

SKULLFUCK PERMABAN

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

calara

In custom clothing tailors follow traditions & customs to design the cloths, it doesn't matter that where to get those from but they should be from famous tailors as LifetimeTailorhk. They also usually trip to the countries and bring their skills to many other countries. They provide online services to the customers.

edplayer
no

ah friend. You are back!

Lets cut the chit chat and do what we know was meant to happen...