General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

adamtnet

m4a1 is ware its at, full auto m4

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

GuNsL!NgEr

agreed zsu2357

Reich and I live outside of columbus ohio.there is n o farmland in cities and food will run out fast there.take in mind organized city gangs WILL come out of the cities!they will rape,steal,kill and more than likely be like warlords.what is needed is a jack of all trades rifle.there is a positive side to this city spill thing.pistols and ak47s and sks rifles are romanticized by gangs.7.62x39 will dry up for them fast and pistols and smg clones are of little use in a ranged fight.to change this they will come after your guns and stash to offset their idiotic shortcomings.be vigilant...organize minuteman style groups with friends and family.try to organize your co mmunity.haha not the obama acorn way!do it the american way!

zsu2357

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNsL!NgEr View Post
Reich and I live outside of columbus ohio.there is n o farmland in cities and food will run out fast there.take in mind organized city gangs WILL come out of the cities!they will rape,steal,kill and more than likely be like warlords.what is needed is a jack of all trades rifle.there is a positive side to this city spill thing.pistols and ak47s and sks rifles are romanticized by gangs.7.62x39 will dry up for them fast and pistols and smg clones are of little use in a ranged fight.to change this they will come after your guns and stash to offset their idiotic shortcomings.be vigilant...organize minuteman style groups with friends and family.try to organize your co mmunity.haha not the obama acorn way!do it the american way!
Could not have put it any better(but i'll keep my 7.62x39).Still good point about ammo.

Last edited by zsu2357; 06-11-2009 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: miss spell

||SS||
I SUCK BAGS OF BABY DICKS AND LOVE TO BANNINATE FOR NO REASONIFICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best period? Maybe not, but I would still like one of these

Marlin Papoose .22

Caelum

^^
I watched this guys youtube about these and he seemed to be pretty fond of it. Saying the ar7 wasnt nearly as good as this, but...it breaks down and you have to put it in a pouch. The ar7 seems more modular and thus more useful in a movement situation. Plus the ar7 foats which is pretty neat
But yeah, I want a Papoose too for sure

GuNsL!NgEr

wow!

thanks guys for making this thread such a success!im thinking of making the big ass fixed blade thread?sound good?also im happy to be on a site with crazy paranoid guys like me!hahaha!hope im fitting in well for being a newb?lets keep it going strong.hopefullyour knowledge helps some people out there that dont have a clue.keep your feet wet and powder dry guys!

Tab_diagonal
yo quiero taco bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copejunkie View Post
you mean you HAD all that...

your poor boat

I still have it, you've mistaken me with piramid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Misfit View Post
something about 30-06

well, frankly, two rounds of 30-06 would fuck up anything, put three in there, its not getting up.

Also, for all people that talk about SHTF scenarios, srsly, how many people do you expect
to kill ? It's not a fucking all out civil war, most people would be scared shitless and would
probably walk away when they see a fucking long rifle and even hear one round wizz by.

my two cents.

zsu2357

Tab diagonal:something" water not" something?
it looks russian maybe ukranian?

chicken-negro

AK-47...

if not,

Mosin-Nagant

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by chicken-negro; 07-20-2009 at 05:52 AM..

SoulChaser

Ruger No 1 or some break action single shot.

.308 caliber for availibilty

otherwisee I would get a Lott or Rigby big game round

reliability plus plus

I doubt any automatic would last too long in an endworld situation

g0rg0n
Jim Zorn took my job, that MOTHER FUCKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab_diagonal View Post

Also, for all people that talk about SHTF scenarios, srsly, how many people do you expect
to kill ? It's not a fucking all out civil war, most people would be scared shitless and would
probably walk away when they see a fucking long rifle and even hear one round wizz by.

my two cents.

QFT

skully

there's 250+ million guns in USA

half are pistols, half of the rest are single shots, etc, not much to worry about. and 1/2 of hte rest are shotguns, not much to worry about beyond 50m or so of range. but that leaves 30 millionn repeating rifles. Even the 22lr can kill you, to 100m or so, one good reason to be wearing concealable, 4 lb body armor. you'd better believe that if shtf, within a very few days, many people will be so desperate for food, gear, etc, that they will attack you without a qualm,many will fire from ambush, etc.

M4, is what you want, preferrably with a silencer, and certainly with a scope and .22lr unit. you do not want the upper receiver 22 units, you want the ability to just have the 3/4 lb .22 unit in the thigh pocket of your cammies, 20 second conversion of calibers. 2" groups at 50 yds is the worst accuracy I have seen, with a dozen such units, in as many AR's. Plenty fo accuracy for foraging. Half that accuracy is enough for combat and snap shooting practice. $150 for the units, a steal.

skully

.22lr, from a rifle barrel, will drop men, livestock, deer or dogs to 50m or so. 223 sp (softpoint, preferably the deep penetrating Nosler Partition 60 gr bullet) to the brain pops the eyeballs out of any animal smaller than an elephant. Such a hit will drop moose, elk, the great bears, no problem. Use bowhunting tactics, bait, jacklighting, etc, brace the rifle on a rest, and brain hits can be had to 50m, no problem. Far better to have to hunt with a concealable (taken down, 5 seconds, 2 push pins) fighting rifle than have to fight with a bolt action or a shotgun!

Paints

9mm sbr ar...

skully

.22lr's are 135 to the lb, 308's are 18 to the lb, 12 ga shells are 10 to the lb, 30 AK and .45 acp are 22 rds to the lb, 223 and 9mm are 40 rds to the lb. you have to carry 30-40 lbs of otheer survival gear, at all times, so you are limited to 20 lbs of armor, guns and ammo, or you have to footslog arouond with your head up your ass, drop the extra gear at any fighting scenario, and pray that youj get it back,m cause no supply sergeant is going to be re issuing you any!

u don't want ot have JUST a centerfire, or JUST a .22lr, but rather to have both 223 and .22lr, as needed. The NG and military armories will be broken into if shtf, and they don't have ANY rds of AK ammo, and very little 12 ga.