Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Code: [M]ayhem

I'm sure you are so proud to own this rolling hunk of fuck

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post

\MR2OC suggested lower tie rods based on what I said about approaching on-ramps at decent speed... It has ST sway bars and an LSD trans. And tires balder than Sanjays chrome dome.

It kind of likes to "crab walk" to the outside of the corner until I scrub off some speed.

What "lower tie rods?" It only has one per wheel. They're called toe control rods in the rear; tie rods in the front.

What you really need to do here is put the car up on jackstands and carefully inspect all the suspension linkages.
Tie rods, ball joints, toe control rods, strut tops, bushings, sway bar links. Use a pry bar and firmly pry the links against each other, checking for places where there's slop. Be careful not to tear the boots. The inner tie rods on the steering rack are often neglected because they're a pain in the ass to change.

Anywhere there's slop, replace that component on both sides. If any of the bushings need replacing, just do all of them. TwosRUs sells a kit that includes all of them.

If the tires are worn, obviously, you should replace those too. It's really best that they all match, with the rears 10-20mm wider than the fronts.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
What "lower tie rods?" It only has one per wheel. They're called toe control rods in the rear; tie rods in the front.

What you really need to do here is put the car up on jackstands and carefully inspect all the suspension linkages.
Tie rods, ball joints, toe control rods, strut tops, bushings, sway bar links. Use a pry bar and firmly pry the links against each other, checking for places where there's slop. Be careful not to tear the boots. The inner tie rods on the steering rack are often neglected because they're a pain in the ass to change.

Anywhere there's slop, replace that component on both sides. If any of the bushings need replacing, just do all of them. TwosRUs sells a kit that includes all of them.

If the tires are worn, obviously, you should replace those too. It's really best that they all match, with the rears 10-20mm wider than the fronts.

Ah I misspoke... *Lower ball joints.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code: [M]ayhem View Post
I'm sure you are so proud to own this rolling hunk of fuck

Better than the shopping carts your two dads push around while hunting the streets for aluminum cans and runaway children to infect with AIDS

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

why not just get a s2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
why not just get a s2k

you have to remember this is the same idiot that blew $15k of daddys money on a riced out mitsushitty

RazorWind

Quote:
Ah I misspoke... *Lower ball joints.

It only has lower ball joints. This is a McPherson strut suspension, not a double wishbone like a Honda, or a Miata.

You'd check this by using a pry bar between the control arm and the bottom of the strut or knuckle. If there's any perceptible play, it's bad. Leaking grease or a torn boot would also be indicative of a failure. One or more failed ball joints could definitely be the cause of your squirrelly handling.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
why not just get a s2k

too expensive

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code: [M]ayhem View Post
you have to remember this is the same idiot that blew $15k of daddys money on a riced out mitsushitty

you should remember every day when you wake up that you're a failure and you've contributed nothing to society, just a waste of space, a drain on dwindling taxpayer provided handouts intended for truly deserving individuals.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

wow, I can't believe you idiots actually enjoy living in that shithole... where you're too afraid to talk *online* about what mods you've put on your crappy cars for fear you'll be reported to some state agency for a violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
wow, I can't believe you idiots actually enjoy living in that shithole... where you're too afraid to talk *online* about what mods you've put on your crappy cars for fear you'll be reported to some state agency for a violation

Also if you have a car that is even slightly riced the highway patrol can pull you over and demand to see under the hood.

No CARB sticker on your CAI here's your $500 ticket have a nice day!

4th Amendment??? We don't need no stinking 4th Amendment!!!

Aseras

Quote:
Sales and usage of “Rubber Dip" and "Rubber Dip Spray" gallon size products are not complaint with Federal Regulations in the state of California. Therefore gallon sized Rubber Dip and Rubber Dip Spray products cannot be sold in California. Rubber Dip and Rubber Dip Spray can both be purchased in CA in sizes less than 1 gallon. Please be aware of this ruling and follow all guidelines.

If its a FEDERAL regulation WTF does California have to do with it?

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:

great weather

redwood city/peninsula = best most consistent weather in the country from what I've heard

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 08-29-2013 at 02:29 PM..

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
great weather

redwood city/peninsula = best most consistent weather in the country from what I've heard

Nice. You seem like a pretty active, outdoor kind of guy. I can see why that would be important to you.

gribly

Quote:
Nice. You seem like a pretty active, outdoor kind of guy. I can see why that would be important to you.