General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

edplayer
no

master password in firefox

will using this prevent (at least some people) from viewing my password remotely

(as in someone who has hacked into my computer vs. someone who walks up to my computer and goes into ff options, I know it can prevent that)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

have fun getting your identity stolen and bank acct cleaned out - everything you own back2bank

lol

no its only for local protection from like your wife/kids/roommate, its not any actual security

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Pretty sure a master password in Firefox just protects your list of saved log-in names and passwords.

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

edplayer
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol View Post
no its only for local protection from like your wife/kids/roommate, its not any actual security

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
Pretty sure a master password in Firefox just protects your list of saved log-in names and passwords.

yeah, that is what I'm talking about. Just my saved (in ff) log-in names and passwords.

From what I read, it encrypts its own (ff) password list. So wouldn't this prevent not only people at my computer but those with remote access from getting access to this specific list?

lol

if someone has remote access like a hacker they can just install some software that waits for you to log in to firefox then sends your decrypted password list to them, or a keylogger to capture your master password. but i guess if its someone logging in over RDP or something then yes it offers some protection.

edplayer
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol View Post
if someone has remote access like a hacker they can just install some software that waits for you to log in to firefox then sends your decrypted password list to them, or a keylogger to capture your master password. but i guess if its someone logging in over RDP or something then yes it offers some protection.

that makes sense but I don't plan to be entering it (the master password) that often. I just enabled it and I set up keepass also. I used to let ff remember most of my passwords but now I'll let it remember all (except those that won't let it like banking and credit card sites). Trying up upgrade my security.

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
that makes sense but I don't plan to be entering it (the master password) that often. I just enabled it and I set up keepass also. I used to let ff remember most of my passwords but now I'll let it remember all (except those that won't let it like banking and credit card sites). Trying up upgrade my security.

Chrome uses your Windows password to protect your saved log-in information. You could switch to that if it sounds safer to you.

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

In general i think chrome is better than ff, i need to switch entirely but im so used to ff

hitball11a

as in someone who has hacked into my computer vs. someone who walks up to my computer and goes into ff options, I know it can prevent tha

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitball11a View Post
as in someone who has hacked into my computer vs. someone who walks up to my computer and goes into ff options, I know it can prevent tha

wow! its hitball!!!

whats up bud? long time no see!!

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitball11a View Post

lol

lol

huh 404 but it shows in the smiley list

lol

piramid please fix asap