GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Pre-bump

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Stage 1 APR and DSG (transmission) softwares upgrade unlocked:

Futrell Autowerks

Looks like I'm in good company:

B7 V8 RS4 that's getting a supercharger added... (noice)

da shop

more shop

even more shop and... oh shit, what's that?
\

They had me in and out in under an hour. Would recommend. Very cool guys.

Probably gonna go back at some point and get the stage 2 tune with the supercharger pulley upgrade and the APR radiator that separates the liquid intercooler system from the main coolant system
and increases the size of the intercooler system radiator by like 3x.

Might have to do some brake upgrades first tho... safety first, ya know.

Still have to play with it some more when it's not raining. Thanks, Oregon.

#YOLO
#RIP WARRANTY

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

nooooooooooyce

what are the upgrades supposed to give you in terms of power / transmission performance whatev

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
#YOLO
#RIP WARRANTY
countdown starts now

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
nooooooooooyce

what are the upgrades supposed to give you in terms of power / transmission performance whatev

ECU:

+25 torques / + 82HP

https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_u...tfsi_b8s4.html

TCU:

Quote:
Depending on the driving scenario, APRís calibration experts have created multiple operating modes designed to deliver ideal performance for the given driving condition. When using launch control, the transmission enters a maximum acceleration mode designed to provide the fastest possible acceleration through a heightened application of torque, optimized shift points and shift strategies among other performance related enhancements. Under blistering, near wide-open throttle, the transmission enters a different state of performance with shift maps optimized for power delivery on vehicles with modified engine software. Manual and Tiptronic mode are tailored to the driverís desired auto up/down shift preferences at the time of install include several features to enable quicker paddle response times and faster upshifts on Gen 2/B8.5 models. Finally under part-throttle daily-driving in both Drive and Sport mode, the transmission remains calm and smooth. Common clunks and driver annoyances are addressed and the transmission comfortably responds to the driverís input without constantly and aggressively seeking the highest gear possible.

Feature List

7,200 max shift point with gear dependent overshoot protection.
User adjustable 3-Step multiple launch control RPM.
User definable* max launch control RPM up to 6,000 RPM.
User definable* manual mode downshifts (on/off).
User definable* manual mode upshifts (on/off).
Launch control enabled on all models.
Launch control response enhanced for quicker launches.
Launch control limits raised from 200 to 3000 launches.
Launch control Max acceleration mode enabled for the fastest possible acceleration.
Multiple acceleration modes defined for various driving scenarios.
Manual mode / TT mode paddle response time optimized.
Manual mode / TT mode shift optimized with gear dependent thresholds on Gen 2/B8.5 Models.
Torque intervention limits raised, while retaining temperature protection.
Temperature management modified.
Transmission coolant pump optimized during high temp scenarios.
Gear display enabled in Drive and Sport.
Optimized Drive and Sport mode shift maps.
Downshift "lockout" disabled below previous gear's max RPM.
First gear, rolling-stop, "clunk" addressed.
First gear "short shift" addressed.
Significant power increase on applications meeting peak power well above the vehicleís factory defined shift points.
I have my 3 step set to 3000RPM, 3500RPM, and 4000RPM. part throttle gets you 3k, half throttle gets you 3.5k and full throttle launches at 4k. stock launch control is like 2700-3000RPM at full throttle.

BORKED

Not sure why they used a car with the shitty ancient red display for their demo video... That was the display I had in my 2001 B5... it shouldn't even exist in any modern car.

https://www.goapr.com/products/tcu_u...dl501_30t.html

Quote:
countdown starts now

Hey, at least it's not a vert.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

do you get 93 or 91 in whoregon?

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
do you get 93 or 91 in whoregon?

kalifornia is the only place with 91 kraptane AFAIK...

I run non-ethanol 92.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Nice -- definitely go for the Stage 2 with cooling mods -- does the fuel system support that without a fuss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
kalifornia is the only place with 91 kraptane AFAIK...

I run non-ethanol 92.

...and Colorado I hear.

Jehannum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
Nice -- definitely go for the Stage 2 with cooling mods -- does the fuel system support that without a fuss?

...and Colorado I hear.

Yeah, you don't need as high octane as you increase in altitude, so the max available in most of the rockies states is 91. Arizona, Colorado, NM, and Utah I can confirm.

Popular Mechanics has a quick rundown on altitude and oxygen.

I'm royally fucked if I ever take my 11:1 Datsun down to sea level, lol.

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.

Typhoon43

Wait, so you only get 15HP gain across the board until you hit ~5600 RPM and then it gets going? That's just a weird curve to me. I mean, more HP is more HP, but I'd sure as hell like to see "82 MORE PONIES" somewhere besides the last 1500RPM of the rev range for my money. Still love the car though!

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
Wait, so you only get 15HP gain across the board until you hit ~5600 RPM and then it gets going? That's just a weird curve to me. I mean, more HP is more HP, but I'd sure as hell like to see "82 MORE PONIES" somewhere besides the last 1500RPM of the rev range for my money. Still love the car though!

Yeah, that's just audi and the way they tune things stock. it was the same way with the old twin turbo B5s. they would tune it to get up to the power they wanted around 5k RPM and then just have the computer flatten out the HP curve by bleeding boost so it feels like the car just stops pulling for the last ~2k rpm before redline. IIRC the stock tune for my car hits like 11PSI around 5k then bleeds off boost to to hit 7PSI at the stock redline. All the ECU tune really does is mildly revise the timing and fuel for most of the curve and most of the gains come from keeping the bypass valve closed to remove that power flattening in the upper RPM range where the stock audi program would just bleed off boost. With the APR tune the engine hits about 12PSI at redline so it's not that crazy but the gains are pretty good. You also get about 500 more useable RPM with the tune in the upper range where the max gains are because they bump the redline up from ~6700 to 7200.

When you drive the car normally it still feels like it's pretty much stock with just a little extra oomph so it is still extremely well mannered when you aren't trying to be a badass. The APR transmission tune also makes the DSG feel even smoother and shift faster than the factory tune so when driving normally it feels even more well mannered than stock. Then when you hit the go pedal, it really scoots for how big and heavy of a car it is. And with the quattro AWD, it scoots in just about any weather/road condition.

The stage 2 setup with the revised supercharger pulley is a little more impressive. You get 82 more torques and 112 more ponies from just a software upgrade and a slightly different sized pulley... The total power numbers might not be all that impressive compared to other high performance cars in this day and age but the gains you get from 2 relatively simple upgrades is still pretty impressive. Especially since the tune is done in minutes through the OBD2 port and the pulley can be done at home in an afternoon. Most of the work to get the pulley in is just freeing up space so you can get your hands and tools into the space between the radiator/fan and the accessory belt.

Typhoon43

Oh I know all about pulley and tune combos. It's 100 whp to go to a 2.4" upper and tune on my car. Warranty just ended 2 weeks ago, and my Supercharger was replaced for the 3rd time then. I'm thinking about "opening her up" a bit.

pyramid

hehehe

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
Oh I know all about pulley and tune combos. It's 100 whp to go to a 2.4" upper and tune on my car. Warranty just ended 2 weeks ago, and my Supercharger was replaced for the 3rd time then. I'm thinking about "opening her up" a bit.

thank god, finally

necro your thread and start adding to it