Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
[h]o, how long have you owned the car?

128k -> 142k

2 years about... Not a lot of miles but a lot of hard driving. Fixed vanos, cam sensor, coolant tank, rad hoses and clutch. Regularly changed oil @ 5k, plugs @ 10k and coolant twice... The first time I did coolant it was kinda nasty so it all makes sense in retrospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlStreamnet View Post
lol@blame previous owner

I can blame Jesus or your mother if you'd like

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
i'll get right on that! After the assrapage I so desperately crave.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

я~~~ я~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex я~~~ я~~~

Thermo1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
man fuck dexcool...flush that shit out of there and just run universal green stuff, it really isn't going to make a difference, I did it to my buick with no adverse effects. In fact, you can do that with any vehicle, the only reason I would buy a brand specific coolant is if I needed to top it off without flushing it. If you're going to flush the system, save yourself the money/hassle and just run the green stuff.

edit: well you kinda said the same thing, lol. I agree, run coolant, water and water wetter is more for race cars, since tracks don't want you dumping coolant on the track if you blow up.

Nothing wrong with Dex-cool in current cars hell the prestone long life stuff in stores is the same exact thing for most part. They finally figured out what gasket material to use it appears. Honestly if you are intent on keeping the car till the wheels fall off than use whatever you'd like. However I have a funny feeling you'll trade the G8 in at some point so just use the factory stuff. Change it yearly if you must.
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:

Rancidpunk666

I replaced my coolant at 100k which is the specification after that it's every 50k or 2 years, well I'm coming up on 2 years so I'm planning on doing it before winter.
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

Rancidpunk666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
man fuck dexcool...flush that shit out of there and just run universal green stuff, it really isn't going to make a difference, I did it to my buick with no adverse effects. In fact, you can do that with any vehicle, the only reason I would buy a brand specific coolant is if I needed to top it off without flushing it. If you're going to flush the system, save yourself the money/hassle and just run the green stuff.

edit: well you kinda said the same thing, lol. I agree, run coolant, water and water wetter is more for race cars, since tracks don't want you dumping coolant on the track if you blow up.

I agree dex-cool is shit but with all the aluminum you need to run a long life so it had better corrosion inhibitors, I run bmw blue coolant. in the focus
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings