General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
If we were going racing, then it'd be called drafting. Which is also tailgating, lol.

motorcycles dont draft

Well they can draft cagers but then it does not turn out well.

nice try though

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
how, in the Holy Name of Fuck, does "on his ass" not mean the same as tailgating?

If you don't get it you have 'mental problems' too... maybe we can all form a support group

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Like I said go watch a race that does not involve going round in left hand circles. Sorry if this is too complicated to you.

In modern air combat a hundred yards is On YOur Ass

You sound like one of the 80% that think they are better than average drivers.

In modern air combat you go three times the speed of sound. If you scale the distance to car terms, 100 yards is like 1/4" away from the bumper of another car.

Your logic is pretty vapid for a self proclaimed genius.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
If you don't get it you have 'mental problems' too... maybe we can all form a support group

In modern air combat you go three times the speed of sound. If you scale the distance to car terms, 100 yards is like 1/4" away from the bumper of another car.

Your logic is pretty vapid for a self proclaimed genius.

vapid? blank faced and unfocused?

you are a sad excuse for someone trying to portray a valid stance. Oh wait thats you MO

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

I think we have made a great discovery here, genmay.

it might be presumed that we have evidence of a new particle. One which can be 'on one's ass' yet NOT be tailgating...

amazing and confusing for those of us without the ability to understand the paradoxical nature of the QUANTUM SQUID

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post

it might be presumed that we have evidence of a new particle. One which can be 'on one's ass' yet NOT be tailgating...

amazing and confusing for those of us without the ability to understand the paradoxical nature of the QUANTUM SQUID

no its an existing particle. It's called a loose marble and you may want to have it checked out and put back in place.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:

you are a sad excuse for someone trying to portray a valid stance. Oh wait thats you MO

I'd tell you to google it but apparently you find that difficult. :/

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post

I eagerly await your experiments with squids in boxes.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
stop and think. it works for some people. If you have trouble thinking on your own I may be able to provide pointers

Go watch a race that does not involve all left hand turns and listen to the commentators. On his ass can be 100 feet or more which can equate to a few tenths of a second in a turn.

Politics dont belong in this discussion. certain people will understand that.

Just remember there's class warfare being waged, and it's the 1% waging it against the 99%, with a fair portion of the 99%ers helping the 1% who don't realize they're being suckered into doing it. I'm guessing you're one of the suckers, mangina-boy is one of the others.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:

Awesome grammar and spelling for someone who's a self-proclaimed genius.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Awesome grammar and spelling for someone who's a self-proclaimed genius.

not self proclaimed tested in third grade.

Sorry if I taught myself to read at 4 and bypassed the whole grammar and spelling thing. I cant quite figure out all the "subtleties" of dog barks either.

As for the other sad sacks. My boss was on my ass the other day for missing work yet she was not tailgating me WOW yet another case where someone can be on someones ass without tailgating. Astounding!!!

Have a nice day

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
not self proclaimed tested in third grade.

Sorry if I taught myself to read at 4 and bypassed the whole grammar and spelling thing. I cant quite figure out all the "subtleties" of dog barks either.

As for the other sad sacks. My boss was on my ass the other day for missing work yet she was not tailgating me WOW yet another case where someone can be on someones ass without tailgating. Astounding!!!

Have a nice day

At four? Shit man, I was reading at 3 and masturbating at 6.

terraphantm

I am curious what do you consider tailgating? I've always used "on his/her/your/my ass" and "tailgating" interchangeably. And I consider tailgating to be when someone is following someone else with less than a second in between (so around 90ft at 60mph or 30ft at 20mph)

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
At four? Shit man, I was reading at 3 and masturbating at 6.

Atheist at 6 but did not start masturbating till 7.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
I am curious what do you consider tailgating? I've always used "on his/her/your/my ass" and "tailgating" interchangeably. And I consider tailgating to be when someone is following someone else with less than a second in between (so around 90ft at 60mph or 30ft at 20mph)

Tailgating to me is following someone too closely for the speed and conditions. Including ability of the vehicles and drivers involved.

The X second rule is to keep average people from fucking up. And is typically stated as 2 seconds.

Being on someones ass (in driving)is sticking with them and may or may not involve tailgating.

terraphantm

Quote:
Tailgating to me is following someone too closely for the speed and conditions. Including ability of the vehicles and drivers involved.

The X second rule is to keep average people from fucking up. And is typically stated as 2 seconds.

Being on someones ass (in driving)is sticking with them and may or may not involve tailgating.

In every driving context I've seen the term used, being on someone's ass meant following someone *very closely*. Which is tailgating. Your definition seems to simply be what most people would call "following" or "cruising with" someone. Given the reaction on this board, I'm guessing that most people feel the same way.

And are you implying that "good drivers" can ignore safe following distances? I disagree - I don't care if you're a newly licensed teen or Michael Schumacher, you should maintain a safe following distance when sharing the road with others. BTW I know it's usually stated to be 2 seconds; I consider tailgating to be a bit beyond being a little under the safe following distance. At 1 second I feel you're in the zone where you wouldn't be able to compensate no matter how good your reactions are.