General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
In every driving context I've seen the term used, being on someone's ass meant following someone *very closely*. Which is tailgating. Your definition seems to simply be what most people would call "following" or "cruising with" someone. Given the reaction on this board, I'm guessing that most people feel the same way.

And are you implying that "good drivers" can ignore safe following distances? I disagree - I don't care if you're a newly licensed teen or Michael Schumacher, you should maintain a safe following distance when sharing the road with others. BTW I know it's usually stated to be 2 seconds; I consider tailgating to be a bit beyond being a little under the safe following distance. At 1 second I feel you're in the zone where you wouldn't be able to compensate no matter how good your reactions are.

no I am implying that safe following distance is different for good drivers vs bad drivers and for "good" vehicles vs "bad" vehicles.
And you are confusing what most people on this board feel with how much they want to "gotcha" someone.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

So what bike you got anyway?

A ruckus or something?

terraphantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
no I am implying that safe following distance is different for good drivers vs bad drivers and for "good" vehicles vs "bad" vehicles.
And you are confusing what most people on this board feel with how much they want to "gotcha" someone.

Thing is - everyone thinks they drive better then everyone else. So if you tell them "oh a good driver could follow at a closer distance without endangering someone" - everyone will do that. So I feel there should be a well defined minimum distance... ~2s seems to be a generally safe number for US speed limits. Trucks should obviously follow from farther away, since they take a lot longer to stop. Good cars vs "bad" cars... the difference isn't as pronounced. Most cars these days (except for really low-end cars) stop from 60-0 in 100-120ft. The tire generally makes a bigger difference than the type of car.

And I don't think I'm confusing anything. Until this thread, I've never seen "on your ass" mean anything other than tailgating (in a driving context of course).

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
Thing is - everyone thinks they drive better then everyone else. So if you tell them "oh a good driver could follow at a closer distance without endangering someone" - everyone will do that. So I feel there should be a well defined minimum distance... ~2s seems to be a generally safe number for US speed limits. Trucks should obviously follow from farther away, since they take a lot longer to stop. Good cars vs "bad" cars... the difference isn't as pronounced. Most cars these days (except for really low-end cars) stop from 60-0 in 100-120ft. The tire generally makes a bigger difference than the type of car.

And I don't think I'm confusing anything. Until this thread, I've never seen "on your ass" mean anything other than tailgating (in a driving context of course).

Well, TheMoron seems to think he's the ber-genius, and that that means he's a better driver than Ayrton Senna and a better biker than Valentino Rossi. So I'm sure that means he could ride your ass with a gnat's pubic hair between his tire and your bumper, while fucking you in the ass with his immense e-penor.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

TheMorlock

and not even give a reach around

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
and not even give a reach around

Well, this is because you're SUPPOSED to be riding SAFELY, i.e. with both hands on the handlebars.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Well, TheMoron seems to think he's the ber-genius, and that that means he's a better driver than Ayrton Senna and a better biker than Valentino Rossi. So I'm sure that means he could ride your ass with a gnat's pubic hair between his tire and your bumper, while fucking you in the ass with his immense e-penor.

by the way, there are two major camps that use raw scores as evidence of genius. the higher numerical score says 140 is minimum genius level Mensa supports 135 as genius level IIRC
Unfortunately in 1969 I had no idea why I was being tested. I just thought it was fun and got me away from the idiots trying to teach me things I already knew or already knew were false so I did not make much of an effort.
I had no idea at the time that it was a full personality battery and IQ battery. In 9th grade after more "personality conflicts with teachers"(they got tired of me proving they were wrong) landed one of the bully's they aimed at me in the hospital they called in my stepfather and that was when I learned the result of the test's because I used a glass sitting in the room next door to the "adults" discusion to eavesdrop through the wall

Over several years various people at the M have found online IQ tests they were fond of. I got tired of taking them an posting the results after the first 4 or 5 as they all had the same result 153 on the stanford test. Indicating that they are not very precise.

As far as driving a car goes. I suck anything I can do in a car I have had to copy from someone better.
On a motorcycle??? When I took my USAF Base Licence obstacle course test on a bike I had for 3 days I impressed the old guy that had been running the course for 20 years. He had never seen anything like it in a 20 year old before.

Sorry if you jelly

Last edited by TheMorlock; 01-01-2012 at 05:37 AM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
Well, this is because you're SUPPOSED to be riding SAFELY, i.e. with both hands on the handlebars.

My dick is big enough to use the weight to steer with

Tex Arcana

Quote:
by the way, there are two major camps that use raw scores as evidence of genius. the higher numerical score says 140 is minimum genius level Mensa supports 135 as genius level IIRC
Unfortunately in 1969 I had no idea why I was being tested. I just thought it was fun and got me away from the idiots trying to teach me things I already knew or already knew were false so I did not make much of an effort.
I had no idea at the time that it was a full personality battery and IQ battery. In 9th grade after more "personality conflicts with teachers"(they got tired of me proving they were wrong) landed one of the bully's they aimed at me in the hospital they called in my stepfather and that was when I learned the result of the test's because I used a glass sitting in the room next door to the "adults" discusion to eavesdrop through the wall

Over several years various people at the M have found online IQ tests they were fond of. I got tired of taking them an posting the results after the first 4 or 5 as they all had the same result 153 on the stanford test. Indicating that they are not very precise.

As far as driving a car goes. I suck anything I can do in a car I have had to copy from someone better.
On a motorcycle??? When I took my USAF Base Licence obstacle course test on a bike I had for 3 days I impressed the old guy that had been running the course for 20 years. He had never seen anything like it in a 20 year old before.

Sorry if you jelly

Hell, I'm not jealous... most so-called "geniuses" I know are either functional illiterates or unable to function in normal life. Which camp do you fall into??

--John Hobbs

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
Hell, I'm not jealous... most so-called "geniuses" I know are either functional illiterates or unable to function in normal life. Which camp do you fall into??

It's the self-proclaimed geniuses you really have to look out for.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
My dick is big enough to use the weight to steer with

12lb cock

190 IQ

920 credit score

Trillionaire

Four time Sexiest Man Alive awardee

...tell us more about how awesome you are. We're all really impressed and you have so much more credibility every time you tell us how smart and awesome you are.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
12lb cock

190 IQ

920 credit score

Trillionaire

Four time Sexiest Man Alive awardee

...tell us more about how awesome you are. We're all really impressed and you have so much more credibility every time you tell us how smart and awesome you are.

This. And yet, he hangs around this insane asylum...

--John Hobbs

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
Like I said go watch a race that does not involve going round in left hand circles. Sorry if this is too complicated to you.

In modern air combat a hundred yards is On YOur Ass

You sound like one of the 80% that think they are better than average drivers.

modern air combat

protip: motorcycles and BMWs aren't involved in modern air combat

i love how you try to prove that you're a genius, yet you bring out the stupidest fucking arguments and don't know how to spell "brake"

Asa of the Infidel Crew

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
Sorry if I taught myself to read at 4 and bypassed the whole grammar and spelling thing.
wait, what?

how can you teach yourself to read, and bypass grammar and spelling? it's sort of integral to the entire process

fuck you're an idiot

Asa of the Infidel Crew

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
wait, what?

how can you teach yourself to read, and bypass grammar and spelling? it's sort of integral to the entire process

fuck you're an idiot

No he's not!! He is a GENIOS!! Now bow down and suck his mighty tailgating dick!

--John Hobbs