General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post
Pretty sure my FLYTEMPO would pwn that fucking piece of shit.

So that shrapnel in your head  from your momma's leg razor  shifted again?? I think you just attained Moronlock status. Again.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#196  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
My whole post and that's all you want to comment on...you're such an ass, lol.


Funny enough, I usually always see it used in the latter case, "of a situation or problem" and rarely in the former. However, hardly ever with a non-living noun. But, maybe AutoWeek likes to anthropomorphize. Regardless, it's wrong, IMO, to use it in that context...and most usage tends to favor my opinion....

(sigh) perhaps in the three books you've ever read in your life. But in a large majority of the couple thousand books I've read (conservative estimate), and countless numbers of magazines, newspapers, articles, etc., the usage has gone both ways. And, given how people in general, not only in magazines and this forum, tend to anthroporphize their cars, vehicles in general, that usage becomes even more appropriate.

Q.E.D.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#197  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
I've got the book Iron Fist, Lead Foot. It documents the SVT designers and the production of the first 03 supercharged Cobra.

The reason they fitted a supercharger to the Cobra was because they were using the 01 Cobra N/A test mule and had an SVT Focus that was able to keep up with it.

They were like "FUCK THIS, a Focus should not be able to keep up with a Cobra, so they started what might be the biggest turning point in recent Automotive history. They skipped the model year 02 for the Cobra and devoted that to making a supercharged 03 Cobra.

That led to the Shelby GT500 and GT350 being brought back and then other manufacturers tried to up the ante. GM came out with the CTS-V, the Corvette ZR1 and the Camaro ZL1. As well as the lesser Mopar Hemi 6.1's and 6.4's.

And to think, we all have a 2003 Mustang Cobra and Ford's SVT to thank for bringing back the era of muscle cars, this time much more wild than the 60's. Newer, better technology. MUCH better performance, and even better gas mileage.

Word. Remember the FR200 Focus?!


And, thing of beauty, the TermiFocus:



__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 06-10-2012, 07:56 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#198  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
I have just one last question.

How can a company like Roush offer a warranty on cars that have their systems professionally installed?
Not just what whatshisface said, but also they have a handshake(in ink) deal with Ford that allows them to develop the parts for the car without voiding warranty, as long as the owner doesn't mess with the safe settings and lives with the paltry bit of power they get from the kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolute idiotic moron
The engines(Base GT Engines) people are installing them on haven't gone through millions of dollars of testing and I doubt they are selling these things hand over fist to make enough to cover everyone's replacement engine.

By gawd, you actually have NO FUCKING CLUE, d'ya?? No idea the number of YEARS it takes to design, test, redesign, fix, test again, fix more, set manufacturing specs, standards, tolerances, and processes; test to destruction, read the tests, interpret the results, implement what they learned, argue about it, work on it for night after night, day after day, until they finally produce the car en masse. And IF they sell enough cars, they'll break even, in a few years at least. If they sell alot, they'll finally profit. But if they sell just a few (Edsel, anyone; plus a thousand more examples thought automotive history), they take a fucking bath in it, because of the millions upon millions upon millions they spent to just make the fucking car. And that doesn't count the many cars that never make production because of some failure in design/engineering/manufacturing/popularity, the last of which ultimately decides a car's life or death.

You must think the auto industry employs unpaid slaves, gets their metals for pennies a ton, and don't use anything but a few ounces of plastics and some tinfoil; because that's the only possible explanation for your continued insistence on how they just marginally make the cars appear out of thin air and charge way too much for your poor jew ass to pay. Which does absolutely NOTHING to improve your credibility on pretty much ANYTHING, much less automotive.

And here I thought you actually knew something, given your discussions on Megasquirt. I see how wrong I was.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#199  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Word. Remember the FR200 Focus?!


And, thing of beauty, the TermiFocus:



Home grown domestic rice.

Uncle Ben's?
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 06-10-2012, 08:17 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#200  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Home grown domestic rice.

Uncle Ben's?

Nossuh: FoMoCo. That thing was faster than a 'vette on a road course, too. 2.0L turbo, 320hp, and a trick IFS to go with it.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#201  

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post

And here I thought you actually knew something, given your discussions on Megasquirt. I see how wrong I was.

Everything aside because I have more important shit to do than to a perpetuate a clearly pointless argument that went beyond its logical conclusion.

I have one final question for you.

If you are this smart, how is it possible that you work at Lowes? I mean clearly you are a person of above average intelligence, no one is going to deny that. But really, what the hell happened?

Not trying to insult you but you have an above average knowledge of everything discussed on this forum including the internal workings of the auto industry, so it makes me wonder. I'm sure I am not alone.

How is it that I come from a poor immigrant family and got to where I am and you were born here and work in a position primarily occupied by illegal aliens and handicapped war veterans?

I'll even give it up; you were right all along. The mustang is amazeballs and your analysis of the Ford Motor Company business model is second to none.

P.S. If you have a physical or mental handicap, I apologize in advance. I dont know you, but I would feel terrible if that were the case just the same.
__________________
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:58 PM Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#202  

Jehannum
 
Jehannum's Avatar
 
The difference between you and Tex is the same difference between a brown-noser and a shithead: depth perception.
__________________
Your powers are useless! I'm wearing my tin foil underwear!

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 PM Jehannum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#203  

someone else
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Everything aside because I have more important shit to do than to a perpetuate a clearly pointless argument that went beyond its logical conclusion.

I have one final question for you.

If you are this smart, how is it possible that you work at Lowes? I mean clearly you are a person of above average intelligence, no one is going to deny that. But really, what the hell happened?

Not trying to insult you but you have an above average knowledge of everything discussed on this forum including the internal workings of the auto industry, so it makes me wonder. I'm sure I am not alone.

How is it that I come from a poor immigrant family and got to where I am and you were born here and work in a position primarily occupied by illegal aliens and handicapped war veterans?

I'll even give it up; you were right all along. The mustang is amazeballs and your analysis of the Ford Motor Company business model is second to none.

P.S. If you have a physical or mental handicap, I apologize in advance. I dont know you, but I would feel terrible if that were the case just the same.

IIRC, he broke his back skull fucking your mother.
__________________
Driving:
2005 Acura RSX Type-S
1996 Pontiac Trans Am - LT1 + T56, not stock
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645
Old 06-14-2012, 05:12 PM someone else is offline  
Reply With Quote
#204  

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone else View Post
IIRC, he broke his back skull fucking your mother.

At what point in life?

I assume after attaining degrees in mechanical engineering and business. Considering the type of work these people do, I assume it would be a problem with a prior back injury. Certainly Lowes is the safer option
__________________
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else.

Last edited by Lurker; 06-14-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 05:18 PM Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#205  

Code: [M]ayhem
 
Code: [M]ayhem's Avatar
 
So Tex Aretard works at Lowes? It all makes sense!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:48 PM Code: [M]ayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
#206  

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
By gawd, you actually have NO FUCKING CLUE, d'ya?? No idea the number of YEARS it takes to design, test, redesign, fix, test again, fix more, set manufacturing specs, standards, tolerances, and processes; test to destruction, read the tests, interpret the results, implement what they learned, argue about it, work on it for night after night, day after day, until they finally produce the car en masse.

How many years? I researched and found it to be 5 years to bring a completely scratch model to market.

How long do you think that is if the platform and all the other shit already exists? What if the company re-uses an existing platform(mustang) and engine(navigator has the 5.4l)?

Quote:
And IF they sell enough cars, they'll break even, in a few years at least. If they sell alot, they'll finally profit. But if they sell just a few (Edsel, anyone; plus a thousand more examples thought automotive history), they take a fucking bath in it, because of the millions upon millions upon millions they spent to just make the fucking car. And that doesn't count the many cars that never make production because of some failure in design/engineering/manufacturing/popularity, the last of which ultimately decides a car's life or death.
(
Car companies change designs every few years, how could they spend years to break even and then to profit if they are constantly improving designs and releasing new models?

How long since the previous generation? 2 years. How long was the previous generation produced? 4 years. Do you think they broke even and made a profit yet?

I have been asking questions for the last 2 pages. All speculation. Go back and look at them, I never claimed anything is fact. If you know the answers you should answer because you are just as wrong unless you can back it up. Otherwise you cant claim anything is fact.
__________________
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else.

Last edited by Lurker; 06-14-2012 at 06:06 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 05:54 PM Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#207  

someone else
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
At what point in life?

I assume after attaining degrees in mechanical engineering and business. Considering the type of work these people do, I assume it would be a problem with a prior back injury. Certainly Lowes is the safer option

Sarcasm, you understand it.

I would assume he probably lost his job because of the economy and had to get something to pay the bills. Or, if i remember correctly, he used to day trade while his wife made bank. then economy. or, maybe he broke his back while he raped your whole family

In any case, what part of that is any of your fucking business? Shit happened, obviously.

Some people have hit rougher times than you. Who gives a fuck if you were from a "poor immigrant family" you commie fuck. Plenty of homegrown americans grow up to do well, plenty grow up to have shitty lives. the same applies to immigrants. you're not fucking special and we dont fucking care.
__________________
Driving:
2005 Acura RSX Type-S
1996 Pontiac Trans Am - LT1 + T56, not stock
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645
Old 06-14-2012, 06:22 PM someone else is offline  
Reply With Quote
#208  

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone else View Post
Sarcasm, you understand it.

I would assume he probably lost his job because of the economy and had to get something to pay the bills. Or, if i remember correctly, he used to day trade while his wife made bank. then economy. or, maybe he broke his back while he raped your whole family

In any case, what part of that is any of your fucking business? Shit happened, obviously.

Simple. I want to know where all this knowledge is coming from. I don't argue with anyone on this forum that knows their shit and can back it up with facts. If I don't know then I don't speak. If I think I know ill contribute and admit when I am wrong.

I have provided logical arguments. LOGICAL. Asking questions that should invoke either more questions leading to additional debate or concrete answers backed up by fact.

I never claimed to know anything. Forget all the BS about which is the better buy, that's obviously subjective. However, when it comes to questions of business operation; yes I have read my fair share of business cases which allows me to draw certain inferences and conclusions about what might be happening. In his case it sounds like he speaks from factual knowledge.

Anyone can claim that it takes YEARS to build cars and that companies dont hire slaves, and that testing costs millions upon millions of dollars. But lets be reasonable here. Want to prove you're right, lets do some elementary math. A few posts above I once again asked two questions which make another claim unlikely.

This isn't a debate about who's right and who's wrong. We are both wrong because neither of us knows whats going on. However, one can be more right than the other and its a give and take. Who's right where. At the end of the day we are all here to learn, why aren't we trying to get to a higher point that leaves everyone with a better understanding of what may be happening instead of just hypothetical extremes?

Quote:
Some people have hit rougher times than you. Who gives a fuck if you were from a "poor immigrant family" you commie fuck. Plenty of homegrown americans grow up to do well, plenty grow up to have shitty lives. the same applies to immigrants. you're not fucking special and we dont fucking care.
And none of them are even remotely educated which is why they are where they are. This isn't Good Will Hunting, smart people don't sit in their cellars because they choose to.

Bullshit about tough times. No one goes from where you claim he was, with a head and passion like that to working at Lowe's. This isn't a movie. My point is that their should be no excuses to being where he is. I was hit by tough times too, I was laid off and didnt work for 8 months and I had a harder time than anyone getting back to work because at the time I only had 3 years of experience vs all the people older than me with more and willing to work for less. I doubt he is one of those people that didnt take a job because they wouldnt pay him his old salary.

I'm glad you think im not special, thats what I have been trying to prove. But everyone and their mother on this forum thinks I am some elite wall street millionaire that rapes the american dream from hard working american's and was born with a gold spoon in my mouth. Fact is, thats not the case by far.

The bottom line is, Tex is in here whipping his dick around. Shit talking everything and everyone. It's gotta fucking stop, OK. Where is all this coming from and what qualifies him to harass and attack people the way he does?

Fuck the fact that this is a forum for a second. We are all people here.


-----------

Listen, why don't you stop cursing. "Commie fuck" really? Come on man. How old are you?
__________________
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else.

Last edited by Lurker; 06-14-2012 at 07:02 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 06:35 PM Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#209  

someone else
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

And none of them are even remotely educated which is why they are where they are.

Are you fucking high? Some of the HARDEST hit jobs were jobs that required education. Architects, engineers, esp. mechanical, etc. the whole construction industry was fucking gutted - so a lot of engineers werent needed because there wasnt as much work being done. Then, when the recession started the upswing, college kids got the jobs because they're a much cheaper hire than someone with 10-15 years experience. Civil engineers were cut because they werent building as many roads. I had a buddy who was working at airports doing runways, and he lost his job because his department got fucking gutted. Public works and such werent spending money.



As for the mustang - first of all, if you think the 5.4 in the navi has much in common with the 5.4 in the OLD cobra you're stupid. A rotating assembly, valve train, and peripherals aren't gonna hold up to 100k miles of boost. Second of all, this Cobra we're talking about is 5.8L - I don't know the exacts, but I expect its a variation of the 6.2L in the Raptor. First of all, it isnt gonna make 662 on the stock high compression motor and be able to last with a fucking warranty. So yes, its going to take years to test different motor builds to withstand the power so that they can be warrantied, and then test different parts for the rest of the drivetrain to ensure it can handle 662 fucking horsepower. You think the rear end is the same in the Mustang GT? You think the internals on the transmission is the same? Do you think the suspension set up is the same? Heavier engine up front, so they have to go back and retune the suspension.

Use your fucking head. They arent shade tree mechanics tossing a big motor into a stock car. it will take time and fucking money to PROPERLY put together a car that can handle that much power reliably, efficiently, and effectively.

You think BMW, MB, Audi, are fucking selling their cars at a bare fucking profit? You think the M3 costs them $55k to make? Its the same fucking thing man.
__________________
Driving:
2005 Acura RSX Type-S
1996 Pontiac Trans Am - LT1 + T56, not stock
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645
Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 PM someone else is offline  
Reply With Quote
#210  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.