General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
media has taken the job of the church in controlling the masses
Not really, churches are still doing their job pretty well.

Quote:
what I don't understand is how more people cannot see the media is basically making shit up to get you to think a certain way
It's been this way since the printing press was invented. At least now people have the opportunity to find better information using the internet if they're so inclined.

Quote:
the presidential election is the biggest sham I have ever seen. I honestly don't understand how people can watch some of this shit and not know we are being fucked over. All this hilary/obama stuff is INSANELY contrived, the candidates know this and play their parts because they just want to move up higher on the ladder and if this is what it takes then so be it.
That sure isn't an retarded exaggeration from a reactionary *votes for Ron Paul*

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

BigFuzzyArchon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Not really, churches are still doing their job pretty well.

It's been this way since the printing press was invented. At least now people have the opportunity to find better information using the internet if they're so inclined.

That sure isn't an retarded exaggeration from a reactionary *votes for Ron Paul*

So its in addition to the church, I just believe its having a bigger influence in the lives of all of us today.

Yes, the internet blows my mind. Sometimes I can't believe the amount of information that is out there. This is one of the reasons why America is going to change in the future when more and more people use the internet vs main stream TV media.

This is what I see whenever I watch some Hilary vs Obama portrayed in the media. What about the muslim accusations, Hilary crying, Obama's crazy pastor and then Obama's speech last week. When I watch this all, I see nothing different than any other TV show. How can the American people fairly judge who our next president is going to be when this is the way the media handles these events to show to the public.

I believe the problems of our society are way beyond Ron Paul.

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by UID=30151 View Post
Didn't 2007 have the most American casualties since the War started?

There was just a story in Rolling Stone about the conditions in Iraq now and how the MSM is massively misreporting the situation. Where booming heavily populated cities were before the war are now almost completely destroyed and unpopulated graveyards.

It quite specifically called 'the surge is working' phrase we hear so much from our leaders and the news complete .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
i thought iraq was all sunshine and roses 3 weeks ago, wonder how this is happening?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0326/p01s13-woiq.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/wo...26iraq.html?hp

Because it's too late for Ron Paul to have any chance of winning, barring Mccain being forced to drop out for blatantly violating HIS OWN ELECTION FINANCE LAWS. (yeah it's unlikely but this stuff being widely reported before the republican primaries would have helped his cause a lot; now it's too late for 08). Seriously though if the MSM would have talked about the shit really going on there 5 months ago it could have seriously swayed public opinion against the war considering how many were following the news due to the primaries. With Mccain the almost definite R nominee a lot of people just don't give a shit any more (not that I blame them the guy is a self serving lying piece of shit, I hate saying that about a veteran but I feel it's true. Right now he is trying to finagle his way out of the election reform bill he both co-authored and helped get passed).

As reported by the Post and the NYT amongst others these last 2 weeks.

Last edited by Malakai; 03-29-2008 at 03:47 AM..

yolo

I'm in the Coast Guard but I work near an Army Reservist station, and have spoken to some of the reservists. A lot of them have the same attitude: they do it because it's their duty to be a soldier, but they all dread being deployed again, which is inevitable at this point.

Full respect to our soldiers over there, and especially to the junior officers who are told to lead these men through hell and back.

G-Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagamore View Post
Gsnake,

What do you think about the BBC and CBC, you know the two 'news' networks that were banned from British Armed Forces network, after being shown to distort the news?

CBC has progressively gotten more baised/annoying over the last few years, I don't watch the BBC very often. Any news network that is funded by ad revenue and/or owned by corporations with other interests will be distorted, it's the viewers responsibility to divide the blatant bias from the relative 'news'.

In all honesty, I very rarely watch TV anymore, especially for news. If something is worth knowing about, I'll read about it on the internet from multiple 'news websites'.

Last edited by G-Snake; 03-29-2008 at 03:16 PM..

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
Because it's too late for Ron Paul to have any chance of winning, barring Mccain being forced to drop out for blatantly violating HIS OWN ELECTION FINANCE LAWS. (yeah it's unlikely but this stuff being widely reported before the republican primaries would have helped his cause a lot; now it's too late for 08). Seriously though if the MSM would have talked about the shit really going on there 5 months ago it could have seriously swayed public opinion against the war considering how many were following the news due to the primaries. With Mccain the almost definite R nominee a lot of people just don't give a shit any more (not that I blame them the guy is a self serving lying piece of shit, I hate saying that about a veteran but I feel it's true. Right now he is trying to finagle his way out of the election reform bill he both co-authored and helped get passed).

yes, the entire muslim world was sitting on the edge of their seats i'm sure, and as soon as ron paul was mathematically eliminated they exchanged secret handshakes which triggered the go ahead on "the plan".

Badger_sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
There was just a story in Rolling Stone about the conditions in Iraq now and how the MSM is massively misreporting the situation. Where booming heavily populated cities were before the war are now almost completely destroyed and unpopulated graveyards.

It quite specifically called 'the surge is working' phrase we hear so much from our leaders and the news complete .

Luckily most news source, veterans, families of veterans, military strategists, and Iraqis say the surge is working. And luckily we have the common sense to believe them over an article in a "music" magazine.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Luckily badger is just flat out fucking retarded, and while he still doesn't understand how he was lied to from the get-go, it's only plausible he doesn't understand anything as of now either.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly View Post
Luckily most news source, veterans, families of veterans, military strategists, and Iraqis say the surge is working. And luckily we have the common sense to believe them over an article in a "music" magazine.

Your kowtowing to military authority and lack of any power of analysis is why you will still be clueless as to why Iraq will still be a shit hole plagued by infighting a decade from now. You'd think after the military and media spewed so much about Iraq for the last 5 years you'd pick up a clue but I guess some people never learn no matter how many times they get burned. The surge has provided only temporary security through brute force and paying off local strongmen and militias- this temporary peace (peace is a relative term here) will evaporate as soon as US manpower and money starts to dry up.

The army's reached Baghdad and Saddams statue is toppled- The invasion was a success!
We've captured Saddam- We're turning a corner
Sovereignty is transfered to Iraqis-We're turning a corner
Iraqis are voting - We're turning a corner
Zarqawi is dead- We're turning a corner
The Surge has begun -We're turning a corner

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Luckily badger is just flat out fucking retarded, and while he still doesn't understand how he was lied to from the get-go, it's only plausible he doesn't understand anything as of now either.

You think you know more than badger sly? HE HAS FRIENDS IN THE MILITARY!

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly View Post

luckily only you live in your fantasy world.

in the real world we only control 1 of the 3 most populous cities in the country.

that's losing by my calculations.

Munky73770

I think I am going to regret posting in this thread...........I don't have an answer for the original post as to why the media is portraying bad stuff.

I work at a FOB about 6.5 miles from 'downtown' Baghdad. Personally, I believe the surge is working....since the new year we have only had 4 indirect fire incidents, which is pretty fucking good considering we got the shit shelled out of us last year. I work with Iraqi police and the Iraqi Army....shit has improved, they can for the most part do stuff on their own and get things done. Neighborhoods have calmed down, but you can still expect to run into insurgents. I have friends who do drive off base in unarmored cars and eat at local shops...but I'm too paranoid and have had too many close calls.

From my point of view, its going to take years over here.....I dont think pulling everybody out is the correct answer, but a force reduction over the next year(s) could work...Lets say about half or so. Hell most of the contractors are filling military roles and I see lots of soldiers/sailors/airmen just sitting around not doing shit everyday since they really don't have a job to fulfill (non-combat).

Maybe my POV is flawed. But thats just how I see things here in the sandbox.

ry_goody

why is the media distorting the truth of existence.

BigFuzzyArchon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky73770 View Post
I think I am going to regret posting in this thread...........I don't have an answer for the original post as to why the media is portraying bad stuff.

I work at a FOB about 6.5 miles from 'downtown' Baghdad. Personally, I believe the surge is working....since the new year we have only had 4 indirect fire incidents, which is pretty fucking good considering we got the shit shelled out of us last year. I work with Iraqi police and the Iraqi Army....shit has improved, they can for the most part do stuff on their own and get things done. Neighborhoods have calmed down, but you can still expect to run into insurgents. I have friends who do drive off base in unarmored cars and eat at local shops...but I'm too paranoid and have had too many close calls.

From my point of view, its going to take years over here.....I dont think pulling everybody out is the correct answer, but a force reduction over the next year(s) could work...Lets say about half or so. Hell most of the contractors are filling military roles and I see lots of soldiers/sailors/airmen just sitting around not doing shit everyday since they really don't have a job to fulfill (non-combat).

Maybe my POV is flawed. But thats just how I see things here in the sandbox.

Do you understand though that Iraq never did anything to us and we went to war with them because we were lied to about them having weapons?
So how is pulling everybody out not the correct answer since we were never supposed to go there in the first place?

UID=growler

Quote:
Do you understand though that Iraq never did anything to us and we went to war with them because we were lied to about them having weapons?
So how is pulling everybody out not the correct answer since we were never supposed to go there in the first place?

To hopefully leave the country in a less fucked up state than if we just left right away.