General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

strat0tele
Rock over London, rock on Chicago

The lack of attention on Congressional elections

For more than a year now, we have been bombarded with the most expensive and longest presidential campaign ever, yet after all of this nonsense, the best we can do is Obama or McCain. What about the the Senate and Congress? Both are equally, if not more important than the executive. They write and vote on the laws. They have the power to restrain the executive, which they refuse to do. Impeachment proceedings occurred for Clinton for lying under oath, while what has occured in the past 7 years...I don't think I need to elaborate. They authorized Iraq and continue to do so, they refuse to impeach Bush, they confirm judges that will support the all-powerful executive. I know a lot of people are voting Obama for nearly that one reason, but if we didn't have just as corrupt Congress who doesn't work for the people, we wouldn't have that issue. I wasn't even aware of who was running for senate or congress in my state/district until I googled it a few minutes ago. While the media covers Clinton's worker holding an Obama sign or some other , the elections that really matter are being ignored. Why do people and the media not care?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Free_Willy

I would love to give a long answer, but the simple truth is sometimes the hardest to bear. The reason is because other people dont care, or at least the prevailing wisdom is so. People are like a herd of antelope, when one yells "fire"! They all run.

Yes we are that stupid. Perfect slavs by design.

Its up to the few who care enough to yell loud enough to get enough to be scared enough to care, like a chain reaction.

Believe it or not congressmen are rhe easiest to impress. I once told a congressman at a town hall meting that I would dedicate every day of my life and all my money to "making sure he never gets re-elected, or that he couldnt get elected to make a beer run". That certainly changed his mind.

Its the senate that are the wolves in the henhouse. Way too much power that goes totally overlooked by the media.

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Last edited by Free_Willy; 04-08-2008 at 07:34 AM..

möbiustrip

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat0tele View Post
Impeachment proceedings occurred for Clinton for lying under oath, while what has occured in the past 7 years...I don't think I need to elaborate.
Perhaps because you're not entirely familiar with the issue if you think there's anything that Congress could actually use to impeach Bush. Please, give us your legal opinion on what high crime or treason Bush has actually committed that would warrant impeachment.
Quote:
they confirm judges that will support the all-powerful executive.
In fairness, John Roberts was probably the best decision our government - both the executive and the legislature - has made in the past seven years. Alito a shoulder-shrugger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Its up to the few who care enough to yell loud enough to get enough to be scared enough to care, like a chain reaction.
no, no, no a million times no you fucking psychopath. that's not the way it works and that attitude will one day land you in a federal prison for blowing up a government building or shooting at an FBI agent

your screaming does far more harm that good
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post

hey I wonder what happened in 18.....ooooooooooooooooooh

UID=growler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Yes we are that stupid. Perfect slavs by design.

what you got against the Slavic people man

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UID=30151 View Post
what you got against the Slavic people man

Nothing, im just a horrible typist.

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post
Perhaps because you're not entirely familiar with the issue if you think there's anything that Congress could actually use to impeach Bush. Please, give us your legal opinion on what high crime or treason Bush has actually committed that would warrant impeachment. In fairness, John Roberts was probably the best decision our government - both the executive and the legislature - has made in the past seven years. Alito a shoulder-shrugger.
no, no, no a million times no you fucking psychopath. that's not the way it works and that attitude will one day land you in a federal prison for blowing up a government building or shooting at an FBI agent

your screaming does far more harm that good

hey I wonder what happened in 18.....ooooooooooooooooooh

tards get elected to congress because most people are as stupid as this ^