General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I was listening to an interview about a guy who wrote a book about the Pentagon attack. He said the three most common memories of survivors were: the smell of jet fuel, smoke, and the smell of burning horse hair. Apparently when they built the building in the 40s, horse hair was a common insulation.

You stupid fuck they used the budweiser wagons to cart in jet fuel bombs
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-25-2008, 04:27 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#121  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
I find it not a little ironic that citizens of a country founded by a secret society could possibly be so idiotic that they could entertain a topic asking if conspiracys could possibly exist, it is not unlike witch hunts and "isnt it obvious that if we sail streight out into the ocean well fall off the edge?!... the church said so!" mentality.

How was that draft 4,3,2, and 1 year(s) ago you warned us about to prepare the country for the invasion of Iran that took place months ago after the internet was knocked out?

I find it funny you claim people were stupid back then for blindly listening to the church when you do the same thing with Alex Jones and pretty much anyone else who throws Occam's Razor out the window and establishes overly complicated and infeasible theories as "fact".
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-25-2008, 05:44 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#122  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
How was that draft 4,3,2, and 1 year(s) ago you warned us about to prepare the country for the invasion of Iran that took place months ago after the internet was knocked out?

I find it funny you claim people were stupid back then for blindly listening to the church when you do the same thing with Alex Jones and pretty much anyone else who throws Occam's Razor out the window and establishes overly complicated and infeasible theories as "fact".

If you keep feeding his persecution complex he will rise up and and .... and POST MORE UTUBE VIDEOS!!!!
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-25-2008, 06:02 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#123  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
Oh I understand, you want me to be wild and extreme like Willy. Calling attention to yourself does get you heard but doesn't necessarily get people to listen to what you are saying. I just want to find that balance. So you can have a better understand on why conspiracy theories exist, why people believe in them and why you should learn to question a deceptive government.

No one's saying not to question anything, we're saying the questions raised and the explanations given are typically baseless and retarded.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-25-2008, 06:43 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#124  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffea View Post
the idiots are the people that believe a plane crashing into a building is enough for it to neatly collapse hours later (despite scientific evidence saying it's not plausible under normal conditions)

or the ones that don't question why a building that had nothing to do with the plane attack was already rigged with explosions and ready for demolition when the attacks took place

the only idiots are the retarded, uneducated patriotic idiots that refuse to look into any facts, believe everything Fox News tells them, and then call other people stupid for believing in what they call "conspiracy theories"

Obviously I'll be called a moron by the idiot americans/canadians/whatever that don't know their heads from their asses, but frankly I don't give a shit

__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-25-2008, 06:45 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#125  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
You dont *really* think Bill got where he is by sheer luck, do you.

No, he was a good programmer and become successful as a result of that.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-25-2008, 06:49 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#126  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
If you keep feeding his persecution complex he will rise up and and .... and POST MORE UTUBE VIDEOS!!!!

Dude I always watch the seven videos he presents on each post and look forward to them everyday! They really open my eyes!
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 05-25-2008, 06:52 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#127  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
No, he was a good programmer and become successful as a result of that.

keeps tapping his sarcasm meter
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-25-2008, 06:57 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#128  

gridiron123
 
Anyone that seriously believes these ridiculous conspiracy theories are the EXACT same type of people that would take a "forbidden fruit" from a lying snake that said it'd give you God-like powers and wealth. Because it sounded better and "made sense" to describe something they couldn't themselves describe or understand. A fatal flaw in the human species that happened at the beginning of time-and apparently is still happening today. That to me means, these people are completely un-evolved intelligence wise FROM THE VERY BEGINNING and have learned nothing



For those of you that don't like or can't relate to that analogy, heres another for you.

A psychological mind trick to make a person feel connected to or believe something without logically questioning it is often done by convincing them that they have been kept away from something valuable-whether it be knowledge or some type of physical item. Psychologically, and subconsciously, no one likes to be left out of the loop or feel like they've been missing out on something.

Once a person has been convinced by whatever means to believe it is true, their mind takes over and begins to try and find any and all kinds of reasons or explanations why they didn't already know this piece of information or have this item. Its a bait and switch type of a deal. Theres a pot of gold in that cave but you can't go in there because theres something keeping it from you. But, Its human nature, you must have it. And since its not real, and you actually CANT have it...the mind makes up all these crazy reasons and ideas that try and justify its existence. It is attempting to lead you in a direction by making you FEEL and THINK that you've been misled and deprived in your current path and way. These conspiracy theories play on this human element heavily...very heavily.

Someone posted a link to the zeitgeist movie on my own personal forum, and here was my reply verbatim to it:


Quote:
Often time these videos, and also in writings and audio are heavily relying on NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) techniques which to very simply put something very complex, is a series of patterns of words and phrases that evoke unconscious emotion in the brain that instantly generates passion and feeling about whatever it is. Its how you can read or hear something and instantly know that "its right". Lets say the movie is talking about "skull and bones" which again, I haven't watched this movie but I've seen enough like it to know that it more then likely does. When it mentions skull and bones the first time, it might be preceeded/followed by a statement, image, or audio to invoke a certain subconscious feeling. This is called anchoring, and from now on, whenever skull and bones (or whatever it exactly it was that was anchored) is mentioned, or you see it, or hear it, you are automatically getting the same sob-conscious emotion as you did the first time, from then on. It can be done with almost anything.


Again, these are hard wired human behavioral switches because of the language and words that once flicked your pretty much defenseless from them unless you are very keenly observing and picking out these patterns and anchors as you come across them. You want to find something really scary, do some googling and take a trip to the library or even Amazon for some books that discuss using NLP for persuasion and you'll really be tripping out.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:05 PM gridiron123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#129  

gridiron123
 
With all that above being said in my post...Do I think there are things that the government keeps from the general public? You'd have to be a tard to not believe that, but I consider that national security...not liberal moon bat conspiracy theories.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:08 PM gridiron123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#130  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridiron123 View Post
Anyone that seriously believes these ridiculous conspiracy theories are the EXACT same type of people that would take a "forbidden fruit" from a lying snake that said it'd give you God-like powers and wealth. Because it sounded better and "made sense" to describe something they couldn't themselves describe or understand. A fatal flaw in the human species that happened at the beginning of time-and apparently is still happening today. That to me means, these people are completely un-evolved intelligence wise FROM THE VERY BEGINNING and have learned nothing



For those of you that don't like or can't relate to that analogy, heres another for you.

A psychological mind trick to make a person feel connected to or believe something without logically questioning it is often done by convincing them that they have been kept away from something valuable-whether it be knowledge or some type of physical item. Psychologically, and subconsciously, no one likes to be left out of the loop or feel like they've been missing out on something.

Once a person has been convinced by whatever means to believe it is true, their mind takes over and begins to try and find any and all kinds of reasons or explanations why they didn't already know this piece of information or have this item. Its a bait and switch type of a deal. Theres a pot of gold in that cave but you can't go in there because theres something keeping it from you. But, Its human nature, you must have it. And since its not real, and you actually CANT have it...the mind makes up all these crazy reasons and ideas that try and justify its existence. It is attempting to lead you in a direction by making you FEEL and THINK that you've been misled and deprived in your current path and way. These conspiracy theories play on this human element heavily...very heavily.

Someone posted a link to the zeitgeist movie on my own personal forum, and here was my reply verbatim to it:

NOt bad but you missed the really important part
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 05-25-2008, 08:09 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#131  

gridiron123
 
Whats that, the part that people who really believe this shit ought to be locked up?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:34 PM gridiron123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#132  

Xayd
 
that's not the worst part. the worst part is these crackpots are a tiny minority now, but the interwebs give them a place to congregate. it doesn't matter that much now, but imagine in 20 years when the vast majority of voters are competent net users, but still incompetent in every other way.

i'm looking forward to the time magazine cover with a huge goatse picture on it stating that "this was the beginning of the end".
Old 05-25-2008, 09:09 PM Xayd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#133  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
that's not the worst part. the worst part is these crackpots are a tiny minority now, but the interwebs give them a place to congregate. it doesn't matter that much now, but imagine in 20 years when the vast majority of voters are competent net users, but still incompetent in every other way.

i'm looking forward to the time magazine cover with a huge goatse picture on it stating that "this was the beginning of the end".

What's worse is these congregations of people with unusual beliefs start believing that there's actually TONS of them around, because for some reason the Internet is reflective of the population as a whole. See the Ron Paul people thinking that there MUST be election fraud because Paul is only pulling in 6% when they know, like, HUNDREDS of RP supporters online.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:23 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#134  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
What's worse is these congregations of people with unusual beliefs start believing that there's actually TONS of them around, because for some reason the Internet is reflective of the population as a whole. See the Ron Paul people thinking that there MUST be election fraud because Paul is only pulling in 6% when they know, like, HUNDREDS of RP supporters online.
Thanks to the internet there are TONS of them around today. Thankfully most of them aren't the true believeing zealots like Willy....they come in three flavors:
1. The people who concoct the convoluted theories- many of them simply get a kick/power trip from being able to manipulate the true believers. Some are novelists and do it for money...it's fairly easy to be anonymous or become someone else on the internet. A tiny portion of these people really are delusional paranoids...but they ususally progress to getting so batshit insane and contradictory that even the true believers shy away.

2. People who enjoy reading conspiracy theories (I fall in this category) simply for entertainment value. Some may become believers but they won't be evangelistic about it.

3. True believers...the truly batshit and ultra paranoid. (see "Free_Willy") Fortunately this is a relatively small but ever growing group thanks to the internet. They will never be able to look at world events the same way normal people do....there is a secret Cabal behind everything that happens. People who make money from the true believers want to see the numbers rise of course...(and I'm not talking about the supar sekrat Cabal members )


edit- It really doesn't get scary until you hear someone like the president of Iran spouting off about the same shit Willy does.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 05-25-2008, 10:42 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#135  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.