General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

stupid-mofo

The correct best bang for your buck would be to buy some HIR bulbs and call it a day

http://www.finemotoring.com/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Dominion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid-mofo View Post
The correct best bang for your buck would be to buy some HIR bulbs and call it a day

Wow, badass! You learn something new every day... i'm going to order a set.

Rang3find3r
sabercat tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
Just put some new bulbs in, clean up your grounds, and call it a day.

There's no call for you to go around blinding people just because you're tired of perfectly adequate lighting.

If you want poor lighting, you should try my 240Z. I guarantee the headlights on your grand am look like the surface of the fucking sun compared to those.

thank you. your headlights are WAY more than bright enough already, fuck you if you think you need HIDs. driving at night is getting more and more difficult these days now that assholes and shitheads think it's necessary to blind everyone with their horseshit. leave your fuckin' headlights stock

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
Just put some new bulbs in, clean up your grounds, and call it a day.

There's no call for you to go around blinding people just because you're tired of perfectly adequate lighting.

If you want poor lighting, you should try my 240Z. I guarantee the headlights on your grand am look like the surface of the fucking sun compared to those.

In his defense, the beam pattern for the headlights in Grand Ams totally suck.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

just FYI, it's now illegal to put any HID lighting systems in a car unless they are specifically designed for said car AND have self-levelling beams. Also, all new cars with HIDs must be self-levelling as well.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid-mofo View Post

oh, carp, they have no 9007 bulbs.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Jehannum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang3find3r View Post
thank you. your headlights are WAY more than bright enough already, fuck you if you think you need HIDs. driving at night is getting more and more difficult these days now that assholes and shitheads think it's necessary to blind everyone with their horseshit. leave your fuckin' headlights stock

Yeah, I don't get it. I haven't even messed with my 240's headlight circuits, because even as dim as they are, they're perfectly adequate.

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.

solareon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang3find3r View Post

qft. I wear glasses to see and at night you get assholes with fake hids and other rediculous shit i can't even see what's 6 feet in front of me with all the glare. and before anybody says go out and get new glasses I just got a new pair 3 months ago.

people with fake hids and shit should be allowed to have their headlights smashed in.
1987 RX-7 TII - sold =(

Thermo1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by solareon View Post
qft. I wear glasses to see and at night you get assholes with fake hids and other rediculous shit i can't even see what's 6 feet in front of me with all the glare. and before anybody says go out and get new glasses I just got a new pair 3 months ago.

people with fake hids and shit should be allowed to have their headlights smashed in.

I'm with ya I had to actually pull off the road and let this tool in a Nissan Armada pass me on a 1 lane road.

He had NY plates and judging by how bright the lights were he put HID's in a stock housing and aimed them STRAIGHT THE FUCK AHEAD!

Once he passed I gave him a taste of his own BS with the highs on for a good 15 secs. The Rabbit's lights are fing bright as hell already on low, high's it's like shining a 1M candle power light in your face.

I get a massive headache from bright shit like that at night my eyes are ultra sensitive to it.
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:

EarlBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte69 View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a proper HID conversion kit for my 2003 Grand Am. iirc my car takes a 9007 bulb. I'm tired of the poor light output with my current bulbs and I'd like something much brighter. I need to remove my headlight assembly pretty soon anyways, so I figure I may do the conversion while I'm in there.

I don't want some cheap e-bay knockoff and I don't want any electrical fires from cheap imported parts. I want something proper and I don't mind spending a bit extra to get quality parts.

Hello friend can you provide some information about best sites for purchasing hid conversion kit.. I have tried sites like ebay and amazon but I did not liked the models. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post
I'm with ya I had to actually pull off the road and let this tool in a Nissan Armada pass me on a 1 lane road.

He had NY plates and judging by how bright the lights were he put HID's in a stock housing and aimed them STRAIGHT THE FUCK AHEAD!

Once he passed I gave him a taste of his own BS with the highs on for a good 15 secs. The Rabbit's lights are fing bright as hell already on low, high's it's like shining a 1M candle power light in your face.

I get a massive headache from bright shit like that at night my eyes are ultra sensitive to it.

So mount a pair of aircraft landing lights on the back and aim them to a point where the driver would be.

--John Hobbs

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by solareon View Post
Personally, I've heard that a Crosman 760 shooting pointed pellets can easily go through a plastic headlight lens and take out the bulb behind it. And I've heard from others who have found themselves with a damaged HID bulb that it's impossible to buy a single replacement HID bulb in a 900x form factor, you're pretty much stuck buying a whole new kit.

MasterOfNone
Nice sack, May I gargle?

I put HIR's in my Canyon over a year ago and have no complaints. They are somewhat brighter than stock bulbs. Maybe one day I'll try the DDMtuning.com replacements for the kit I had in a 2008 Impala (yes, they didn't glare...one of the few cars that didn't) and give it a try. Replacement bulbs for their kit are maybe $20, so if they had a horrible beam I wouldn't be out much.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Polish your headlight lenses with one of those headlight restoration kits... And make sure to use whatever protective coating they provide (if they don't provide one they'll fog over in a few weeks.)

+

pair of Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs. About $100. I got a set for my CRV, significantly brighter than the generic replacement bulbs that I had..

I will say though, my high beams aren't that impressive... Not really sure why. Haven't really needed them though, ever since changing over to these bulbs.

I had a 6000k HID kit in my 94 Civic Coupe... They didn't even really illuminate the road that well... The housings just arent designed for them. Lurker is right about needing to get the projector housing off of some other vehicle... That's a complex and messy job.

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
I put HIR's in my Canyon over a year ago and have no complaints. They are somewhat brighter than stock bulbs. Maybe one day I'll try the DDMtuning.com replacements for the kit I had in a 2008 Impala (yes, they didn't glare...one of the few cars that didn't) and give it a try. Replacement bulbs for their kit are maybe $20, so if they had a horrible beam I wouldn't be out much.

I once bumped a 5-year necro post by a spammer.