General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Jamesgott
i dig through other peoples trash

Car Shipping Companies...?

Who can I trust and what do I look for in a company that ships cars clear across the country? I want to buy a car that is in Southern California and have it shipped to Atlanta. It would be fun to make the drive but 1) I don't want those 2k miles on the odo and 2) I really don't have time right now.

There seems to be a lot of competition/ results when googling for this and I obviously want a seamless transaction from start to finish.

Anybody? Also what kind of prices am I looking for that? I don't care about open vs enclosed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgott View Post
Who can I trust and what do I look for in a company that ships cars clear across the country? I want to buy a car that is in Southern California and have it shipped to Atlanta. It would be fun to make the drive but 1) I don't want those 2k miles on the odo and 2) I really don't have time right now.

There seems to be a lot of competition/ results when googling for this and I obviously want a seamless transaction from start to finish.

Anybody? Also what kind of prices am I looking for that? I don't care about open vs enclosed.

When Lopoetve sent me the Firebird, we used http://www.amerifreight.net/. They contract through various shipping companies and it's door-to-door service. Think we paid about $700 for shipping from Colorado to Minnesota. They loaded it up, called 24 hours and arranged a drop-off time, and unloaded it into my driveway. Couldn't have been easier.

Tk421

i had a truck brought from SC to OH using uship.com. It was very reasonably priced

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

A long time ago we got 2 cars shipped from MI to our house. This was in 1999 or so and cost $500 for each. No problems and they got here real quick, like 4 days. You may be able to save money by passing on house delivery and picking it up at one of their centers with a friend.

Shovel

I work in the industry and can have that done for $780 from S. California to Atlanta. Pickup within 3-5 days delivery within 5-7 days or sooner.

Pm me if interested.