General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

User4152

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabourne
Also, the CIA has confirmed that it is indeed al-Zarqawi's voice in the video, and I trust their analyzation skills just a tad more than mike27's

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=542&ncid=716

This is DISREGARDING the fact that the video was found on an anti-US pro-Al Qaeda website.

Here's something interesting:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4446084/

It was claimed the guy who was responsible for the beheading was killed by American bombing over 2 months ago. The article also indicates that al-Zarqawi had an artificial leg. Whether it is verified that he was killed or not, I do not know. I am pretty sure the US intelligence agencies (or other foreign intelligence agencies) could verify whether it was known if this guy had a fake leg or not. The man in the video doing the decapitation seems rather quick on his feet for someone with a prosthetic leg.

This doesn't prove anything either way, and the event is too recent to draw any conclusions (for me). I have a few friends who are from Russia and speak fluent Russian. If I can get them to watch \ listen to the video, they would probably be able to indicate if there is anything being said in Russian or not. One thing I would ask is, what is it that is claimed that was said in Russian in the video? Some have said it has been verified (others dispute it). For those that claim to have verified the Russian, what is being said?

As for the gold ring, I personally could not see it in the video. If one or more of the men are wearing gold rings, that would be strange. The reason being, if they are in fact Muslim extremists, they need the sympathy and support of the local people. Therefore, it would be unlikely that they would walk around in public or meet with other Muslims wearing rings. It is also unlikely that they would take a ring off in public and wear it only in private and during executions.

I cannot draw any conclusion from this, although the timing of this event is rather unusual, as a few others have pointed out. Decapitating Nick Berg and releasing the video has only bolstered anti-Arab sentiments and drawn attention away from the prison abuse scandal (which drew attention away from the 9/11 hearings).

Last edited by User4152; 05-13-2004 at 09:00 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Allnighte

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-hook
Because they want morons like mike27 to start debates questioning the legitimacy of the video? Or because they are russian and have a platic chair?
in soviet russia, gold ring wears YOU

mike27
crt expert

Three more points added to first post.

sliq1

hmmmmm

Jeff
There's shovels full of sand in my vagina, and the GMs just laughed at me. NO, YOU ARE MAKING A BIG

the part that I find strange and wasn't really touched upon was that their faces were covered and masked.
maybe because I dont follow it that closely, but most of the stuff I've seen, such as Osama's videos, etc. they have shown their faces.

mike27
crt expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allnighte
if they did such a good editing job. why would they leave the "russian" in? or leave the ring? OR THE PLASTIC CHAIR?!?!

1) Russian not confirmed. My parents now say that they're not sure it is russian, after I asked them what is being said.

2) Ring would require visual manipulation, and in such haste it would be difficult to do it without leaving marks of doctoring. Not only that, but in their haste, they probably overlooked it.

3)

Allnighte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike27
12) The "terrorists" signed the video, yet they wear hoods and masks. Why?

13) The "terrorists" have lily white hands.

14) The video time is in US Military English. What the hell?
12) no one is going to identify them on the street by their signature
13) i have a tan, yet i sit inside all day. why!!?
14) they make cameras in iraq?

p-hook

Quote:
12) The "terrorists" signed the video, yet they wear hoods and masks. Why?
Because they don't want to be personally identified, ending up with a bounty on their head and their mugs on playing cards

Quote:
13) The "terrorists" have lily white hands.
All terrorists are black now? Terrorists can't be white? This isn't a war against a certain race, nation, or even one single organisation. You could be an American citizen with lilly white hands and be a terrorist

Quote:
14) The video time is in US Military English. What the hell?
wtf does that mean?

welcomerain

mike. you're doing a wonderful job. i commend you. please continue adding more premises to your awesomely tubular theory. thanks.

Allnighte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike27
1) Russian not confirmed. My parents now say that they're not sure it is russian, after I asked them what is being said.

2) Ring would require visual manipulation, and in such haste it would be difficult to do it without leaving marks of doctoring. Not only that, but in their haste, they probably overlooked it.

3)
would you like some more time? i'll let you come up with something better. i won't hold it against you

wald0mp3

Too long; started masturbating.

ShoelessOne

eh, it was probably just as it seems

****I AM ACTUALLY shoelessone****
b87f7c8231bcef050989f5aa358fc6c0

siliconcenturion
helter skeletor

hehehe... he has to come up with more points as he can no longer support his old ones...

TheIlluminatedOne

mike you never responded to my post so here it is again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIlluminatedOne
i finally figured out why the time jumps back and forth in the video, they used two cameras and both of them had their time set wrong or at least one of them did. watch the video again and notice how the angle switches instantly while they are interviewing him at the start of the video.

Captain Casual

Cliffs on last 3 (100 post per thread) pages?

Closed Thread