Yes a huge capitalist state the tests its tanks by running over college kids

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
Yes a huge capitalist state the tests its tanks by running over college kids

point being? they're a dictatorship that is pro-capitalism

also, look at it from the chinese perspective. the current chinese government has been stable for 50+ years, and from a chinese perspective (as well as historically), that is an extremely long period of stability for china. also, in a nation with over 1.3 billion people, a lack of stability is basically suicide. unless you have actually lived in china (which i, and many others i know have), don't try to speak about the issue as if you're an expert.

from the point of view of the average chinese citizen, things are going well, and most certainly far better than in the recent past
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!

Last edited by ApathyEcstasy; 07-21-2004 at 03:42 AM..

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
point being? they're a dictatorship that is pro-capitalism

also, look at it from the chinese perspective. the current chinese government has been stable for 50+ years, and from a chinese perspective (as well as historically), that is an extremely long period of stability for china. also, in a nation with over 1.3 billion people, a lack of stability is basically suicide. unless you have actually lived in china (which i, and many others i know have), don't try to speak about the issue as if you're an expert.

Ok i wll try to speak about it like a dick

On no Wait You already have that covered

ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Ok i wll try to speak about it like a dick

On no Wait You already have that covered

before you start talking about how they're running over people with tanks everyday, fucking live there and see what it's like, to your surprise, it's not what you'd expect it to be like

that and i don't know what makes you think you have the right to judge a nation you've never been to and seen with your own eyes

Last edited by ApathyEcstasy; 07-21-2004 at 03:45 AM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
before you start talking about how they're running over people with tanks everyday, fucking live there and see what it's like

Don't need to. Just need to read the news to see which scientist just got jailed or which guy thats been in jail for 30 years for poetry not in the intrest of the state is being released so he can die at home etc etc

Or how internet cafe's are being raided or torn down etc etc

ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Don't need to. Just need to read the news to see which scientist just got jailed or which guy thats been in jail for 30 years for poetry not in the intrest of the state is being released so he can die at home etc etc

Or how internet cafe's are being raided or torn down etc etc

so i suppose the u.s. is just a psychotic nation where everyone's shooting eachother? good to see you're choosing to generalize about a nation of 1.3 billion based on a small number of news articles

if every murder case involving firearms in the u.s. was listed, i'm sure it would be a lot larger than the list of people jailed for opposing the communist party

TheMorlock

Last edited by TheMorlock; 07-21-2004 at 03:56 AM..

ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
"A political commissar is an officer appointed by a communist party A communist party is a party which advocates Communism. A Communist Party is one which formally uses the term "Communist" in its official name. Communist Parties began to be established in various countries across the world after the establishment of the Communist International by the Russian Bolsheviks. In the late 20th century, during a period known as the Cold War, communist parties
..... Click the link for more information. to oversee a unit of the military. They were first used by the Red Army This article is about the armed forces of the Soviet Union. See Red Army Faction for the German terrorist group; Japanese Red Army for the Japanese terrorist group; and People's Liberation Army for the Chinese Red Army.

The Red Army, short for the official name, Workers' and Peasants' Red Army, Russian Raboche-Krest'yanskaya Krasnaya Armiya, is the name originally given to the armed forces organised by the Bolsheviks during the Russian Civil War in 1918. This organisation became the army of the Soviet Union from its establishment in 1922. "Red" refers to the shed blood of the working class.
..... Click the link for more information.
by Leon Trotsky

Leon Davidovich Trotsky (Russian: Лев Давыдович Троцкий; also transliterated Trostskii, Trotski, or Trotzky) (October 26 (O.S.) = November 7 (N.S.), 1879 - August 21, 1940), né Lev Davidovich Bronstein (Лев Давидович
, who faced the task of integrating Czarist officers and troops into the new Red Army, while insuring their loyalty. The political commissar were appointed by the Communist Party The Communist Party of the Soviet Union (Russian: Коммунисти́ческая Па́ртия Сове́тского Сою́за = КПСС) was the name used by the successors of the Bolshevik faction of the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party from 1952 to 1991, but the wording
..... Click the link for more information. to military units to direct political propaganda and ensure that Party decisions were implemented. In this system, each unit has a political officer who is not responsible to the normal military chain of command, but instead is answers to a separate chain of command which is controlled by the Communist Party A communist party is a party which advocates Communism. A Communist Party is one which formally uses the term "Communist" in its official name. Communist Parties began to be established in various countries across the world after the establishment of the Communist International by the Russian Bolsheviks. In the late 20th century, during a period known as the Cold War, communist parties
..... Click the link for more information. . The purpose of the system is to ensure political loyality and to prevent the military from acting independently and perhaps stage a coup d'etat

A coup d'état (French, golpe de estado in Spanish and Portuguese, and Putsch in German), (IPA: /kuː detɑː/), often simply called a "coup", is the sudden overthrow of a government, usually done by a small group that just replaces the top power figures. It is different from a revolution, which is staged by a larger group and radically changes the political system. The term is French for "a sudden stroke, or blow, of a nation." The term coup can also be used in a casual sense to mean a gain in advantage of one nation or entity over another; e.g. an intelligence coup. By analogy, the term is also applied to corporations, etc; e.g. a boardroom coup.
..... Click the link for more information. . Often the commissar usurped functions of a regular military commander.

After 1942 Centuries: 19th century - 20th century - 21st century

Decades: 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s - 1940s - 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s

Years: 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 - 1942 - 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947

Events
January

* January 1 - World War II: The word "United Nations" is first officially used to describe the Allied pact.
* January 2 - World War II: Manila is captured by Japanese forces.

..... Click the link for more information. , the political officials in the army were no longer called commissars, their title becoming politruk (политру́к), an abbreviation for "political leader". The position was abolished after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991.

During the Russian Civil War

(1918 - 1920) Following the success of the Russian Revolution the Russian Communists decided to make a peace with Germany at the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, ratified on March 6 1918. Despite re-organising the old army into the "Workers' and Peasants' Red Army" in January 1918, when the Germans began an advance into Russia in February the chaotic and undisciplined state of the army was such that a negotiated peace was the only option.
, Joseph Stalin

Iosif Vissarionovich Stalin (Russian: Ио́сиф Виссарио́нович Ста́лин), original name Ioseb Jughashvili (Georgian: იოსებ ჯუღაშვილი tentative
was the political commissar of the Western Front against the White Army

The White army or the Whites is an informal term for a loose confederation of counter-revolutionary forces ("White Russians") who fought against the Bolshevik Red Army and the third-force Green Army in the Russian Civil War from 1918 to 1921. Strictly speaking, it was not "army", since there was no central coordination, i.e., a more correct term would be White armies. The officer core of the White army, the White Guard, upheld monarchist ideals.
forces of Baron Wrangel.

Military of China

The position of political commissar has also existed and still exists in the People's Liberation Army

Alternate meaning: Shining Path

The People's Liberation Army (PLA; Traditional Chinese: 人民解放軍, Simplified Chinese: 人民解放军, pinyin: Rénmín Jiěfàng Jūn), including strategic nuclear forces, an army, navy and air force, serves as the military of the People's Republic of China (PRC).
of China For alternate meanings, see China (disambiguation).

China (Traditional Chinese: 中國, Simplified Chinese: 中国, Hanyu Pinyin: Zhōngguó, Wade-Giles: Chung-kuo) is an ancient cultural and geographic entity in continental East Asia with some offshore islands which since 1949 has been divided between the People's Republic of China (governing Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau) and the Republic of China (governing Taiwan and several outlying islands of Fujian Province).
. Usually, the political commissar is a uniformed military officer, although this position has been used to give civilian party officials some exposure to the military. The political commissar was head of a party cell within the military, however military membership in the party was restricted for lower units starting in 1980's. Today the political commissar is largely responsible for administrative tasks such as civilian relations."

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionar...ical%20officer

Yes a bastion of freedom is China

no one said it was, but what you don't understand is chinese citizens value national stability and wholeness more than the freedom to openly (verbally) attack anything they disagree with

i have more relatives in china than i can count and they're all happy with their lives, so who are you to say that they need to have democracy thrust upon them like we've seen your nation do with iraq
[sarcasm]
which is, by the way, a great success
[/sarcasm]

that and if you know anything about china, you'll know it's nothing like the soviet union was

Last edited by ApathyEcstasy; 07-21-2004 at 03:55 AM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
so i suppose the u.s. is just a psychotic nation where everyone's shooting eachother? good to see you're choosing to generalize about a nation of 1.3 billion based on a small number of news articles

if every murder case involving firearms in the u.s. was listed, i'm sure it would be a lot larger than the list of people jailed for opposing the communist party

What does commiting MURDER which is a crime in both countries have to do with looking at a web site which is a crime in only one. Or reading bad poetry which is a crime in only one. Or being a christian which is a crime in only one?

ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
What does commiting MURDER which is a crime in both countries have to do with looking at a web site which is a crime in only one. Or reading bad poetry which is a crime in only one. Or being a christian which is a crime in only one?

the fact that you're stereotyping the same way most non-americans would stereotype your own country

TheMorlock

Quote:
the fact that you're stereotyping the same way most non-americans would stereotype your own country

I didn't sterotype shit.
Tianamen Square is not me stereotypying the chinese government. It's the chinese government killing peacefull protesters as soon as the CNN cammeras are turned off As the protesters were leaving to go home.

ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
I didn't sterotype shit.
Tianamen Square is not me stereotypying the chinese government. It's the chinese government killing peacefull protesters as soon as the CNN cammeras are turned off As the protesters were leaving to go home.

then i guess they shouldn't have protested

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
then i guess they shouldn't have protested

Like to try for an even stupider statement? Come you can do it, we all know you can, dont disapoint us.........

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

SoulChaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitnrun99
Us: A7
Them: Arrgh! You sunk my battleship!

I hate to belittle a growing country and competitor, I think China is making great strides in many fields and I appluad there new interest in space.

But from the last reports I have seen Chinas navy is a few diesel subs and an odd small aircraft carrier here and there. They do maintain a nice fleet of destroyers though for coastal patrols.

ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
Like to try for an even stupider statement? Come you can do it, we all know you can, dont disapoint us.........

i've personally never been a fan of protesters, i say lock them all up and slaughter them