Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
If we invade, we're all dead.

This is non-news.
No if we invade China, China takes it up the ass just like Iraq. While China does have a limited nuclear capability they are not going to attempt to nuke the United States itself. They know full well that such an act even in the event of US invasion equals committing suicide. China is just like every other nation on the face of the earth, which is to say scared shitless of the US military. When it comes right down to it they are not going to give the US military an excuse to pay them a personal and up close visit.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

hitnrun99

A little off topic but:

1. Why does China keep persisting that Taiwan is "their's?"

2. Theoretically, if China became democratic would Taiwan and the US allow the two countries to merge into one?

ultimate lurker, never see you post - M|22

lovswr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitnrun99
A little off topic but:

1. Why does China keep persisting that Taiwan is "their's?"

2. Theoretically, if China became democratic would Taiwan and the US allow the two countries to merge into one?

1. Because, historically it was controlled by the govenrmanet on the mainland, unlike say Okinawa (or even Cheju of the coast to Taegu, S. Korea).

2. Good question.

Arthur, what makes you so sure that ever nation on earth is so scared of the US military especially in light of the fact that current troop levels are, for the most part pretty occupied. Also a draft (actually, the draft/selective service never ended,,, the selection boards just stopped meeting & never resumed) at this point in time would be might unpopular & probably vigorously resisted by the draftees, IMHO.

I know in my own case, my DD-214 lists 0 years, 0 months, & 0 days left for service & it would take a lot more than Cold War(riors) wetdreams applied wrongly & badly, (again IMHO) to present times to get me to go.

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr
1. Because, historically it was controlled by the govenrmanet on the mainland, unlike say Okinawa (or even Cheju of the coast to Taegu, S. Korea).

2. Good question.

Arthur, what makes you so sure that ever nation on earth is so scared of the US military especially in light of the fact that current troop levels are, for the most part pretty occupied. Also a draft (actually, the draft/selective service never ended,,, the selection boards just stopped meeting & never resumed) at this point in time would be might unpopular & probably vigorously resisted by the draftees, IMHO.

I know in my own case, my DD-214 lists 0 years, 0 months, & 0 days left for service & it would take a lot more than Cold War(riors) wetdreams applied wrongly & badly, (again IMHO) to present times to get me to go.
Oh I dont know, maybe because its what the Generals of the N Korean, Chinese, Russian and just about every other military on earth have been quoted as saying.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Baloneyflaps
JoJoFine
MASTER-B FOR SUPARMOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onigami
because of american backing?
yes as i implied they have international backing but i guess you can only think of the US huh

onigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoFine
yes as i implied they have international backing but i guess you can only think of the US huh
any other countries you can think of off hand that sells taiwan military hardware?

Baloneyflaps
JoJoFine
MASTER-B FOR SUPARMOD.

Quote:
any other countries you can think of off hand that sells taiwan military hardware?
england? hell im sure Russia has, they pretty much sell to whoevers got the money now a days it seems

Wixard

I don't know if they could be classified "scared shitless" but there is no small measure of respect. On both sides.

A cold war esque scenerio with china would be very damaging to both countries.

Sanchi

Quote:

England, Russia, Germany and France. Aka 99% of the arms market.

ViriiK
http://military.revenanteagle.org/

Don't forget Israel..
- Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
don't pick on his lack of a dick

ooppps I mean dictionary(not really)

Instead, pick on Morlock's need for More cock.

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
*cough* yeah thanks for including your own comments..

Where are you when the fascists do this?

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
Copyright 2004 Los Angeles Times

What you should do is make a list of all these people who are practically guaranteed to pile on you hoping to demoralize you and shut you up, and just go ahead and preempt them, adding a list of "fuck you shout outs" to the end of your posts?

EigerVue

umm they are sending the ships to operate somewhere in the south china sea but they are also sending it off the coast of africa, in the north atlantic and in the mediterranean if i recall, nothing is going to happen, mainly because the chinese know they would get their shit owned by our carriers

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EigerVue
umm they are sending the ships to operate somewhere in the south china sea but they are also sending it off the coast of africa, in the north atlantic and in the mediterranean if i recall, nothing is going to happen, mainly because the chinese know they would get their shit owned by our carriers

you've obviously never heard of sunburn missiles (aka deadliest anti-ship missile in the world)...the russians sell advanced versions of it to the chinese..

supersonic anti-ship missiles > navy
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!

Last edited by ApathyEcstasy; 07-19-2004 at 11:39 PM..