General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest
 
arthur pendragon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
If we invade, we're all dead.

This is non-news.
No if we invade China, China takes it up the ass just like Iraq. While China does have a limited nuclear capability they are not going to attempt to nuke the United States itself. They know full well that such an act even in the event of US invasion equals committing suicide. China is just like every other nation on the face of the earth, which is to say scared shitless of the US military. When it comes right down to it they are not going to give the US military an excuse to pay them a personal and up close visit.

__________________
[url]www.mp3.com.au/stephenwalker/[/url]


It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion
Old 07-19-2004, 07:03 PM arthur pendragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

hitnrun99
 
A little off topic but:

1. Why does China keep persisting that Taiwan is "their's?"

2. Theoretically, if China became democratic would Taiwan and the US allow the two countries to merge into one?
__________________
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

ultimate lurker, never see you post - M|22
Old 07-19-2004, 07:25 PM hitnrun99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#92  

lovswr
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitnrun99
A little off topic but:

1. Why does China keep persisting that Taiwan is "their's?"

2. Theoretically, if China became democratic would Taiwan and the US allow the two countries to merge into one?

1. Because, historically it was controlled by the govenrmanet on the mainland, unlike say Okinawa (or even Cheju of the coast to Taegu, S. Korea).

2. Good question.


Arthur, what makes you so sure that ever nation on earth is so scared of the US military especially in light of the fact that current troop levels are, for the most part pretty occupied. Also a draft (actually, the draft/selective service never ended,,, the selection boards just stopped meeting & never resumed) at this point in time would be might unpopular & probably vigorously resisted by the draftees, IMHO.

I know in my own case, my DD-214 lists 0 years, 0 months, & 0 days left for service & it would take a lot more than Cold War(riors) wetdreams applied wrongly & badly, (again IMHO) to present times to get me to go.
__________________
I can't remember what my sig is from [H]ardforum & I'm too lazy to check
Old 07-19-2004, 08:06 PM lovswr is offline  
Reply With Quote
#93  

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest
 
arthur pendragon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr
1. Because, historically it was controlled by the govenrmanet on the mainland, unlike say Okinawa (or even Cheju of the coast to Taegu, S. Korea).

2. Good question.


Arthur, what makes you so sure that ever nation on earth is so scared of the US military especially in light of the fact that current troop levels are, for the most part pretty occupied. Also a draft (actually, the draft/selective service never ended,,, the selection boards just stopped meeting & never resumed) at this point in time would be might unpopular & probably vigorously resisted by the draftees, IMHO.

I know in my own case, my DD-214 lists 0 years, 0 months, & 0 days left for service & it would take a lot more than Cold War(riors) wetdreams applied wrongly & badly, (again IMHO) to present times to get me to go.
Oh I dont know, maybe because its what the Generals of the N Korean, Chinese, Russian and just about every other military on earth have been quoted as saying.
__________________
[url]www.mp3.com.au/stephenwalker/[/url]


It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion
Old 07-19-2004, 08:09 PM arthur pendragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#94  

Baloneyflaps
JoJoFine
MASTER-B FOR SUPARMOD.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onigami
because of american backing?
yes as i implied they have international backing but i guess you can only think of the US huh
Old 07-19-2004, 08:37 PM Baloneyflaps is offline  
Reply With Quote
#95  

onigami
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoFine
yes as i implied they have international backing but i guess you can only think of the US huh
any other countries you can think of off hand that sells taiwan military hardware?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:41 PM onigami is offline  
Reply With Quote
#96  

Baloneyflaps
JoJoFine
MASTER-B FOR SUPARMOD.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onigami
any other countries you can think of off hand that sells taiwan military hardware?
england? hell im sure Russia has, they pretty much sell to whoevers got the money now a days it seems
Old 07-19-2004, 08:44 PM Baloneyflaps is offline  
Reply With Quote
#97  

Wixard
 
I don't know if they could be classified "scared shitless" but there is no small measure of respect. On both sides.

A cold war esque scenerio with china would be very damaging to both countries.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:01 PM Wixard is offline  
Reply With Quote
#98  

Sanchi
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onigami
any other countries you can think of off hand that sells taiwan military hardware?

England, Russia, Germany and France. Aka 99% of the arms market.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:31 PM Sanchi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#99  

ViriiK
http://military.revenanteagle.org/
 
ViriiK's Avatar
 
Don't forget Israel..
__________________
- [M]ayhem Gun Club
- [M]ilitary [M]ayhem Club
- Secretary of Defense for the PopeKevinI Administration
- Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex
Old 07-19-2004, 10:02 PM ViriiK is offline  
Reply With Quote
#100  

Vagamus
pwned
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
don't pick on his lack of a dick

ooppps I mean dictionary(not really)

Instead, pick on Morlock's need for More cock.
__________________
"A half truth is often a great lie." - Benjamin Franklin
---
"Alright I'd grant you this one" - Viriik
Old 07-19-2004, 10:16 PM Vagamus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#101  

Vagamus
pwned
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
*cough* yeah thanks for including your own comments..

Where are you when the fascists do this?
__________________
"A half truth is often a great lie." - Benjamin Franklin
---
"Alright I'd grant you this one" - Viriik
Old 07-19-2004, 10:18 PM Vagamus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#102  

Vagamus
pwned
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
Copyright 2004 Los Angeles Times

What you should do is make a list of all these people who are practically guaranteed to pile on you hoping to demoralize you and shut you up, and just go ahead and preempt them, adding a list of "fuck you shout outs" to the end of your posts?
__________________
"A half truth is often a great lie." - Benjamin Franklin
---
"Alright I'd grant you this one" - Viriik
Old 07-19-2004, 10:19 PM Vagamus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#103  

EigerVue
 
umm they are sending the ships to operate somewhere in the south china sea but they are also sending it off the coast of africa, in the north atlantic and in the mediterranean if i recall, nothing is going to happen, mainly because the chinese know they would get their shit owned by our carriers
__________________
67c6a1e7ce56d3d6fa748ab6d9af3fd7

1285525094
Old 07-19-2004, 11:26 PM EigerVue is offline  
Reply With Quote
#104  

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here
 
ApathyEcstasy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EigerVue
umm they are sending the ships to operate somewhere in the south china sea but they are also sending it off the coast of africa, in the north atlantic and in the mediterranean if i recall, nothing is going to happen, mainly because the chinese know they would get their shit owned by our carriers

you've obviously never heard of sunburn missiles (aka deadliest anti-ship missile in the world)...the russians sell advanced versions of it to the chinese..

supersonic anti-ship missiles > navy
__________________
7.9%, Chinese growth has screeched to a halt! People
are going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to
fall!
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!

Last edited by ApathyEcstasy; 07-19-2004 at 11:39 PM..
Old 07-19-2004, 11:34 PM ApathyEcstasy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#105  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.