Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jägermeister
NO! it has NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Medical circumcision

Circumcision may be recommended in cases such as phimosis (a very tight foreskin), balanitis xerotica obliterans or posthitis(an inflamed foreskin). Other treatments exist for phimosis [5] and balanitis [6][7][8], though these are not as successful in the case of balanitis xerotica obliterans [9] [10] [11]. Circumcision may also be advised in cases of recurrent balanitis and urinary tract infections [12], Zoon's balanitis [13], and penile cancer [14].

A recent South African study found that circumcision may reduce the transmission of HIV (the virus that causes AIDS) by 63%[15]. The study was terminated early so that circumcision could be offered to the control group. However, The Lancet, the most prestigious of all British medical journals, declined to publish the report. "At issue, Auvert and Puren told Science, is an ethical disagreement that involves how participants learned their HIV status and the counselling they received." The study was presented to an International AIDS Society conference in Brazil in July 2005. Some fear that if widespread circumcision is touted as an effective way to reduce HIV infection rates, people will develop a false sense of security and be more likely to engage in sexual intercourse without latex condoms, which would still carry significant risk if either partner has HIV or another sexually transmitted disease.

Several studies have shown that uncircumcised men are at greater risk of human papilloma virus (HPV) infection.[16] [17] [18] One study found no statistically significant difference between men with foreskins for HPV infection than those who are circumcised, but did note a significantly higher incidence of HPV lesions and urethritis [19]. Some strains of HPV are known to cause cervical cancer. Circumcised men are thought to be less likely to infect their partners. Further, many medical studies have found that being circumcised reduces a man's risk of developing penile cancer [20]. However, some of these studies compare different cultures that may have other reasons for disparate cancer rates, such as a genetic predisposition or dietary differences.

Recommending circumcision for infants as a preventative measure is controversial. No national medical body recommends routine infant circumcision. Some argue that circumcision is a significant public health measure while others have asserted that there are no net benefits to the procedure, or that the drawbacks outweigh the benefits. Still others discourage the procedure altogether. The American Academy of Pediatrics argues that parents should make an informed decision based upon medical and other benefits and risks[21]. For a detailed discussion, see medical analysis of circumcision.

Take that how you want to. I take it as reason to have the child circumcised. You wont. I dont care.

Quote:
and for fucks sakes, if i can't walk aroung with my foreskin pulled back because the texture of my underwear stimulates my glans to the point where it is painful and you walk around without noticing it, you have to realize that it's not "a bit" more sensitive than yours, it's a fucking world of difference.
probably so. Im not denying that you're more sensitive. Im denying that im desensitized to the point that I cant feel anything, because im not. The vagina feels perfect to my cut penis. I dont know what it feels like to yours, but im sure to you its great. It sure is to me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano
Im tired of repeating myself. Ive already addressed why its better to do it as an infant.

Because he doesn't have a say in the matter? That's a great reason.

Let me make something pretty clear: There is no reason to circumcise unless it's for aesthetic purposes. And if it's for aesthetic purposes, why not let the kid decide for himself?

Nano, is your dick going to fall off if your son grows up and decides that he doesn't want to be circumcised? No, I'm pretty sure it has absolutely no bering on your life and a decent one on his.

It's his penis, not yours. You can cut yours all you want, but for fuck's sake let the boy decide what he wants to do with his own penis.

Nano, just answer the fucking question:
Why can't you let your son decide for himself?

Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagina
Because he doesn't have a say in the matter? That's a great reason.

I'll take that as an admission of inability to read.

Quote:
Let me make something pretty clear: There is no reason to circumcise unless it's for aesthetic purposes. And if it's for aesthetic purposes, why not let the kid decide for himself?
80% of born babies are circumcised here. There are medical benefits. I dont care about them in particular, as the major reason for me being a proponent is my own personal experience with my own penis. I like being but. Doctors here are proponents of kids being cut. If you want to bitch at someone, bitch at them.

Quote:
Nano, is your dick going to fall off if your son grows up and decides that he doesn't want to be circumcised? No, I'm pretty sure it has absolutely no bering on your life and a decent one on his.
And im pretty sure he'll be fine either way.

Quote:
It's his penis, not yours. You can cut yours all you want, but for fuck's sake let the boy decide what he wants to do with his own penis.
Talk to the doctors.

Quote:
Nano, just answer the fucking question:
Why can't you let your son decide for himself?
Because infants cant decide.

Quote:
Because infants cant decide.

So why stop at circumcision?

Give the kid a sex change. He can't decide for himself, and a doctor told you it was a good idea. Besides, you think he'd look good with a pussy.

If he can't say no then you're good to go!

Quote:
Doctors here are proponents of kids being cut. If you want to bitch at someone, bitch at them.

Talk to the doctors.

First you explained that you were cutting your son because you made the decision to.

Now you're passing the responsibility onto the doctors. Nice.

You should stop backpeddaling before you hit a wall.

Nano

Quote:
So why stop at circumcision?

Give the kid a sex change. He can't decide for himself, and a doctor told you it was a good idea. Besides, you think he'd look good with a pussy.

If he can't say no then you're good to go!

You're really grasping at straws. But interestingly, if a child is born with both organs, the parent does have the right to choose which sex they want the child to be.

But let me say this in no uncertain terms:

I do not care one bit what you do with your children. What I do with my children ( as long as it isnt abusive, or neglectful, circumcision is neither ) is my own business. GET OVER IT.

Nano

Quote:
First you explained that you were cutting your son because you made the decision to.

I do. However, it is because medicine deems it a harmless ( and in many cases beneficial ) change. If all things were the same physically, id still have it done, since its more visually appealing to the opposite sex. My lady agrees.

Quote:
Now you're passing the responsibility onto the doctors. Nice.
No, but you'd have a better chance of changing my mind if you changed theirs. If 80% of people get them, that implies that doctors recommend them, meaning that they are either "good" or "harmless."

Quote:
You should stop backpeddaling before you hit a wall.
And you should stop post editing every 5 seconds.

ilkka

Quote:
Tatooing doesnt really hurt, but in the odd circumstance that it was national custom for this to happen, I wouldnt have an extreme aversion to it. I wouldnt do it, but I wouldnt try to stop others from doing it.
Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. I know I would hate to have been tatooed as an infant by my parents, simply because it was popular at the time and place where I was born, so I would not support parent's right to do so to others.
Quote:
Thats fair that you dont want people to do it, but in america the child is under supervision of the parent for medical things before they are 18, so regardless of your personal opinions, its fine and well and good. I can understand you dont agree with it, but you must also understand that I dont agree with your point of view, and intend to do things the way i see fit.
I'm opposed to the law that allows you to do it, but as long as the law is the way it is (and I don't think it is changing any time soon), go right ahead.

This argument, as far as I am concerned, is over.

Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkka
I'm opposed to the law that allows you to do it, but as long as the law is the way it is (and I don't think it is changing any time soon), go right ahead.

This argument, as far as I am concerned, is over.

Thank you.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Tattooing does hurt, though
Try getting lets say, the skin where your ribs are (sorry don't know a better term for that) done.

Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo
Tattooing does hurt, though
Try getting lets say, the skin where your ribs are (sorry don't know a better term for that) done.

Yea, ive heard places with thin skin are painful. Spine, ribs, face, etc. Buuuut </end tangent>