General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
What Ralph here is trying to say, I guess, is that using amphetamines isn't illegal. Or something. Who the fuck knows, he's a drooling fucking idiot.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-23-2008, 05:55 AM Straw Man is offline  
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

jkrowling
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
i dunno. I know alot of old dudes who still cherish mushrooms and cactus.

so do i. i hope never to end up like them.
__________________
imagen a nuke hope it never come to that
Old 12-23-2008, 04:23 PM jkrowling is offline  
#92  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrowling View Post
so do i. i hope never to end up like them.

I would rather end up an old hippie living in a little house with my wife than one of those old dudes who has a fancy apartment downtown and feels like he has to quickly pull the door shut behind his entrance into the lobby because of some deep rooted fear that someone is out to steal from him because he is better than them.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 AM ry_goody is offline  
#93  

Applejuice
 
Applejuice's Avatar
 
oops wrong thread
Old 12-24-2008, 01:22 AM Applejuice is offline  
#94  

jkrowling
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I would rather end up an old hippie living in a little house with my wife than one of those old dudes who has a fancy apartment downtown and feels like he has to quickly pull the door shut behind his en into the lobby because of some deep rooted fear that someone is out to steal from him because he is better than them.

you know have you ever heard of the concept of a middle ground
or perhaps a middle path
i have a feeling you may have heard of it
knowing things about 'the east' as you have.
__________________
imagen a nuke hope it never come to that
Old 12-24-2008, 01:42 AM jkrowling is offline  
#95  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrowling View Post
you know have you ever heard of the concept of a middle ground
or perhaps a middle path
i have a feeling you may have heard of it
knowing things about 'the east' as you have.

Well yes, but the thing I find about the concept of a middle path is, you have to see both ends of the road to know where the middle is. Most people don't do that, they assume where they started is the middle because it feels the most familiar. Most people don't know where the real middle is, the real middle I think would be quite out of the ordinary to your typical american.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:55 AM ry_goody is offline  
#96  

pop
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrowling View Post
you know have you ever heard of the concept of a middle ground
or perhaps a middle path
i have a feeling you may have heard of it
knowing things about 'the east' as you have.
aristotle is just another one of those western scumbags.

doctrine of the mean? pssh
Old 12-24-2008, 07:06 PM pop is offline  
#97  

jkrowling
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop View Post
aristotle is just another one of those western scumbags.

doctrine of the mean? pssh

the pssh was the sound of that going over my head
__________________
imagen a nuke hope it never come to that
Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 PM jkrowling is offline  
#98  

Malakai
 
Fuck adderall and all the stimulants, the best medicine for studying is a bag of nice mids and some blunt wraps. You don't want to get ripped, just nice and relaxed
Mellow out, focus, and actually remember what you study for more than 2 days. I know it sounds backwards but studying on stimulants, you cram it all in and it drains out as soon as the test is over and I sleep for a day. A littla ganja and I focus better and actually retain some of it.

I pulled a 98 on my anatomy lab brain test my last semester in community college, highest score in the class. We had to walk to different stations and identify pieces of the brain marked on the models for half the test, then written questions on the projector for the other half. I actually got a little more roasted then I wanted too in the car before class and was bumping into people, but all the test content was sitting snugly in my head after a week of smoking out and studying. Everyone was pissed or laughing cause I was all red eyed with a big shit eating grin getting congratulated on highest score in the class. Im quite sure the professor knew too (all semester..) and never said a word, not that I ever smelled like it or disturbed class. Similar experiences in other sciences and calculus.

I always did good on tests so you aren't going to magically get As from smoking, but it helps me concentrate and focus a lot. Recently I convinced my friend to smoke with me at work (business he owns, i work for). Our efficiency is way up, and im making more money than usual haha. We have vaporizers on the way (v-tower extreme and a portable one) so we can smoke all the time and lighten the load on the lungs =)

Last edited by Malakai; 12-29-2008 at 06:58 PM..
Old 12-29-2008, 06:48 PM Malakai is offline  
#99  

Impulse Rxn
 
Holy derailled thread, batman. I think there's a few important things to remember.

1) I was talking about students who were not prescribed the medications for ADD/ADHD. While i agree with some of you that the drugs ARE prescribed for what is essentially enhancement purposes (if only to put them back on a 'normal level',) that is not what I was trying to gauge. My original feeler was mainly about the students who are not prescribed the drugs. I was entertaining the notion that students should all be on a level playing field, and some students (though only a small percentage of those diagnosed to be,) are unfortunately handicapped by a percieved inability to focus or concentrate, that is students diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. The use of these drugs by those students are not of issue

2) Steroids are often prescribed for completely legitimate reasons. Corticosteroids and other steroids are prescribed for those with medical necessity. That being said, I steroids prescribed for muscle growth are for medical recuperation, not for body-building, which is generally the reason that they are taken. Although on the surface, it may seem like an appropriate parallel, I don't think it gives the overall argument regarding the study drugs much service. It's difficult to compare the two because I think that most people would agree that steroids carry a higher risk then study-aids. Most people that take illegal steroids (that is, prescribed steroids not prescribed for them) don't use them to maintain a healthy level of homeostasis, a primary reason for medical steroids. Most people that take adderall or ritalin outside of a prescription take it for the intended purpose , achieving a higher level of concentration.


Otherwise, this has been a great discussion. As I said originally, I think that both sides of the argument bring serious merit to the table
__________________
2011 BMW 328Xi Sedan
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
1A2- C-5 Loadmaster
Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 PM Impulse Rxn is offline  
#100  

Ralph
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse Rxn View Post
Most people that take illegal steroids (that is, prescribed steroids not prescribed for them) don't use them to maintain a healthy level of homeostasis, a primary reason for medical steroids. Most people that take adderall or ritalin outside of a prescription take it for the intended purpose , achieving a higher level of concentration.

Exactly.

Thank god there's at least one other person with a brain in this thread. I was worried the pit had finally been overrun by full blown retards like straw man and bingstudent

edit: not to mention Arjuna, the analytically-impaired wannabe doctor
__________________
The above post is an explicit representation of the views and opinions of CrowdGather. We at CrowdGather also support all medical advice contained herein and do recommend "trying it at home."
Old 01-09-2009, 11:52 AM Ralph is offline  
#101  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
doctors prescribe amphetamines left and right for fun DURRRR HURRRRRR

yeah

Stop humiliating yourself already
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 PM Straw Man is offline  
#102  

bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Be careful, his sister is a film student!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:46 PM bingstudent is offline  
#103  

Ralph
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post

Straw Man: Incapable of establishing the difference between corticosteroids and anabolic steroids on his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post

bingstudent: Cites the illegal prescription of anabolic steroids for recreational use in support of his argument that it's medically valid

This is too easy...
/yawn
__________________
The above post is an explicit representation of the views and opinions of CrowdGather. We at CrowdGather also support all medical advice contained herein and do recommend "trying it at home."
Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 PM Ralph is offline  
#104  

Gibonius
 
No doctor legitimately prescribes Adderall to kids without ADD to help them study either you imbecile. Healthy functional people using Adderall as a study aid
(prescribed by a doctor under false pretenses or bought off the street) is exactly the same as people with normal testosterone level using anabolics to get bigger.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:26 PM Gibonius is offline  
#105  

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.