General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

What Ralph here is trying to say, I guess, is that using amphetamines isn't illegal. Or something. Who the fuck knows, he's a drooling fucking idiot.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

jkrowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
i dunno. I know alot of old dudes who still cherish mushrooms and cactus.

so do i. i hope never to end up like them.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrowling View Post
so do i. i hope never to end up like them.

I would rather end up an old hippie living in a little house with my wife than one of those old dudes who has a fancy apartment downtown and feels like he has to quickly pull the door shut behind his entrance into the lobby because of some deep rooted fear that someone is out to steal from him because he is better than them.

Applejuice

oops wrong thread

jkrowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I would rather end up an old hippie living in a little house with my wife than one of those old dudes who has a fancy apartment downtown and feels like he has to quickly pull the door shut behind his en into the lobby because of some deep rooted fear that someone is out to steal from him because he is better than them.

you know have you ever heard of the concept of a middle ground
or perhaps a middle path
i have a feeling you may have heard of it
knowing things about 'the east' as you have.

ry_goody

Quote:
or perhaps a middle path

Well yes, but the thing I find about the concept of a middle path is, you have to see both ends of the road to know where the middle is. Most people don't do that, they assume where they started is the middle because it feels the most familiar. Most people don't know where the real middle is, the real middle I think would be quite out of the ordinary to your typical american.

pop

Quote:
or perhaps a middle path
aristotle is just another one of those western scumbags.

doctrine of the mean? pssh

jkrowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop View Post
aristotle is just another one of those western scumbags.

doctrine of the mean? pssh

the pssh was the sound of that going over my head

Malakai

Fuck adderall and all the stimulants, the best medicine for studying is a bag of nice mids and some blunt wraps. You don't want to get ripped, just nice and relaxed
Mellow out, focus, and actually remember what you study for more than 2 days. I know it sounds backwards but studying on stimulants, you cram it all in and it drains out as soon as the test is over and I sleep for a day. A littla ganja and I focus better and actually retain some of it.

I pulled a 98 on my anatomy lab brain test my last semester in community college, highest score in the class. We had to walk to different stations and identify pieces of the brain marked on the models for half the test, then written questions on the projector for the other half. I actually got a little more roasted then I wanted too in the car before class and was bumping into people, but all the test content was sitting snugly in my head after a week of smoking out and studying. Everyone was pissed or laughing cause I was all red eyed with a big shit eating grin getting congratulated on highest score in the class. Im quite sure the professor knew too (all semester..) and never said a word, not that I ever smelled like it or disturbed class. Similar experiences in other sciences and calculus.

I always did good on tests so you aren't going to magically get As from smoking, but it helps me concentrate and focus a lot. Recently I convinced my friend to smoke with me at work (business he owns, i work for). Our efficiency is way up, and im making more money than usual haha. We have vaporizers on the way (v-tower extreme and a portable one) so we can smoke all the time and lighten the load on the lungs =)

Last edited by Malakai; 12-29-2008 at 06:58 PM..

Impulse Rxn

Holy derailled thread, batman. I think there's a few important things to remember.

1) I was talking about students who were not prescribed the medications for ADD/ADHD. While i agree with some of you that the drugs ARE prescribed for what is essentially enhancement purposes (if only to put them back on a 'normal level',) that is not what I was trying to gauge. My original feeler was mainly about the students who are not prescribed the drugs. I was entertaining the notion that students should all be on a level playing field, and some students (though only a small percentage of those diagnosed to be,) are unfortunately handicapped by a percieved inability to focus or concentrate, that is students diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. The use of these drugs by those students are not of issue

2) Steroids are often prescribed for completely legitimate reasons. Corticosteroids and other steroids are prescribed for those with medical necessity. That being said, I steroids prescribed for muscle growth are for medical recuperation, not for body-building, which is generally the reason that they are taken. Although on the surface, it may seem like an appropriate parallel, I don't think it gives the overall argument regarding the study drugs much service. It's difficult to compare the two because I think that most people would agree that steroids carry a higher risk then study-aids. Most people that take illegal steroids (that is, prescribed steroids not prescribed for them) don't use them to maintain a healthy level of homeostasis, a primary reason for medical steroids. Most people that take adderall or ritalin outside of a prescription take it for the intended purpose , achieving a higher level of concentration.

Otherwise, this has been a great discussion. As I said originally, I think that both sides of the argument bring serious merit to the table

[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
1A2- C-5 Loadmaster

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse Rxn View Post
Most people that take illegal steroids (that is, prescribed steroids not prescribed for them) don't use them to maintain a healthy level of homeostasis, a primary reason for medical steroids. Most people that take adderall or ritalin outside of a prescription take it for the intended purpose , achieving a higher level of concentration.

Exactly.

Thank god there's at least one other person with a brain in this thread. I was worried the pit had finally been overrun by full blown retards like straw man and bingstudent

edit: not to mention Arjuna, the analytically-impaired wannabe doctor

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
doctors prescribe amphetamines left and right for fun DURRRR HURRRRRR

yeah

Stop humiliating yourself already

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Be careful, his sister is a film student!

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post

Straw Man: Incapable of establishing the difference between corticosteroids and anabolic steroids on his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post

bingstudent: Cites the illegal prescription of anabolic steroids for recreational use in support of his argument that it's medically valid

This is too easy...
/yawn

Gibonius

No doctor legitimately prescribes Adderall to kids without ADD to help them study either you imbecile. Healthy functional people using Adderall as a study aid
(prescribed by a doctor under false pretenses or bought off the street) is exactly the same as people with normal testosterone level using anabolics to get bigger.

Closed Thread