General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectribeCyanide View Post
YOU WOULD BE STANDING ON THE AREA WHERE THE TRAIN HAS DISAPPEARED YOU FUCKING IDIOT. WHERE THE TRAIN GOES HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THE ACT BEING THE INITIAL DISAPPEARANCE OF THE TRAIN

But when did Brad Pitt get off the train?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-30-2008, 06:53 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#136  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ElectribeCyanide
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
But when did Brad Pitt get off the train?

I forgot the scientific based Pitt conundrum. Maybe if the train is traveling east to st.louis at 60mph with a 5 mile area where it's location is disappeared.

Using those parameters you could say that brad pitt would continuing flying out the cockpit window at the precise time of train unmanifestation in mid air for 1 minute meaning he would travel 1 mile in mid air.

given the Ry_goody gravity wave formulation you could say that Brad pitt would bounce twice before redirecting his angle to the stratosphere where aristotil (ugh spelling) will meet him and continue his energy requirement to reach the moon.

Holy shit im going for a smoke
Old 12-30-2008, 07:08 PM ElectribeCyanide is offline  
Reply With Quote
#137  

PopeKevinI
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I don't do the science thing anymore. Theres far too much out there that science can't touch.

Science can touch everything. Just because something is beyond the capacity of science right now does not mean it is impossible for science to observe and explain it.
__________________
THIS is your brain on drugs: "I'm not a positive thinker. I am a spiralling hexagonal vortex thinker that strobes multiple colors." -ry_goody
Old 12-30-2008, 08:52 PM PopeKevinI is offline  
Reply With Quote
#138  

fullvietFX
 
fullvietFX's Avatar
 
I read that whole thing. He has a point.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:27 AM fullvietFX is offline  
Reply With Quote
#139  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectribeCyanide View Post
[SIZ="7"]YOU WOULD BE STANDING ON THE AREA WHERE THE TRAIN HAS DISAPPEARED YOU FUCKING IDIOT. WHERE THE TRAIN GOES HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THE ACT BEING THE INITIAL DISAPPEARANCE OF THE TRAIN[/SIZE]

But the train might not of actually been there, it might of just been an illusion.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:23 AM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#140  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Magicians ask ordinary people to come up all the time and make sure their knives are real or their straight jackets are legit or that their locks are actually metal. It's part of the trick. Crop circles are nothing more than some huge art piece in the farmland.

And I betcha that same team at MIT couldn't figure out the "pick a card" trick or something similar either.

Yeah, no. Not magic. It's just some fancy performance art, pretty much. I'm sure somewhere out there there's intelligent life...but it's not here making crop circles. Sorry.

The disagreement here goes a little deeper than just the surface of the issue for me though.

I do not hold the underlying intuition that there are numerous people out there attempting to trick me into believing things so that they can mock me in some way. When seeing something new and weird I do not automatically think "Someone is trying to trick me" or "Someone is trying to sell me something" or "Someone is trying to make fun of me". Instead, I see it for what it is.

Now this could be human-made, I agree the possibility is there. It could be that there is some rogue group of artists out there with some large bank accounts that have developed some technology beyond the top scientists and universities in America to pull this off.

But still even that doesn't even disregard the pertinence of the subject for me. Because artists do not take the time to make masterpieces simply to troll people in real life, simply to get laid, or simply to make money. Artists make masterpieces as an expression of the divine energy that operates our reality. They make masterpieces because they need to be made, because they need to communicate something to the rest of humanity from the Divine Other, they need to communicate it through them and through there medium. Even if the crop circles are human-made, they are still one of the single greatest artistic expressions of our generation. And like all truly great artistic expressions, there is a reason for it's existence. Like all great art of it's time, it is saying something very important about our current position in time and space.

My inclination towards believing it to be of alien intelligence is because. I know Alien Intelligence is really not that far away from us. I imagine to you, Alien Intelligence seems like a very foreign concept, far away, 100's of years off. But personally for me, I know Alien Intelligence has already permeated our society in many ways that are very diffucult for the average person to recognize. This is why extending it to crop circles seems like an obvious connection for me.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 AM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#141  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
But the train might not of actually been there, it might of just been an illusion.

Brad Pitt does not ride illusory trains
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#142  

Millions
Genmay Art Gawd
 
Millions's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
The disagreement here goes a little deeper than just the surface of the issue for me though.

I do not hold the underlying intuition that there are numerous people out there attempting to trick me into believing things so that they can mock me in some way. When seeing something new and weird I do not automatically think "Someone is trying to trick me" or "Someone is trying to sell me something" or "Someone is trying to make fun of me". Instead, I see it for what it is.

I think in the case of crop circles, yes, most of them are just hoaxes. Elaborate hoaxes, never the less....but still just a trick.

Quote:
Now this could be human-made, I agree the possibility is there. It could be that there is some rogue group of artists out there with some large bank accounts that have developed some technology beyond the top scientists and universities in America to pull this off.
I wouldn't even say it's some crazy technology. It's probably just a simple technique a group of bored engineers whipped up or something. It's the board and rope...or some variation of that. There's not some crop circle ray-gun they fire from a balloon or anything.

Quote:
But still even that doesn't even disregard the pertinence of the subject for me. Because artists do not take the time to make masterpieces simply to troll people in real life, simply to get laid, or simply to make money. Artists make masterpieces as an expression of the divine energy that operates our reality.

They make masterpieces because they need to be made, because they need to communicate something to the rest of humanity from the Divine Other, they need to communicate it through them and through there medium.
That's not true at all. There's a ton of artists out there that do it just because they enjoy it. Crop circles are like tagging wheat fields on a giant level, or sidewalk art...and then there's some assholes out there that will do it just to fool people.

Quote:
Even if the crop circles are human-made, they are still one of the single greatest artistic expressions of our generation. And like all truly great artistic expressions, there is a reason for it's existence. Like all great art of it's time, it is saying something very important about our current position in time and space.
Yeah I'm less inclined to believe they're some great masterpiece and more inclined to think it's just some bored engineering majors that want to see something they did on the news or Google satellite maps.

Quote:
My inclination towards believing it to be of alien intelligence is because. I know Alien Intelligence is really not that far away from us. I imagine to you, Alien Intelligence seems like a very foreign concept, far away, 100's of years off. But personally for me, I know Alien Intelligence has already permeated our society in many ways that are very diffucult for the average person to recognize. This is why extending it to crop circles seems like an obvious connection for me.
And you know this....how?
__________________
Hey Charlie Murphy! Arrrgh! You darkness, you black, midnight, evil mother------, black magic, darkness, you raw...darkness, you, -------, delirious mother-------, argh! You were cold as ice! ---- your couch! I'm Rick James, bitch!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:23 AM Millions is offline  
Reply With Quote
#143  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
You expect any sane response to your question, Millions?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-31-2008, 03:16 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#144  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions View Post
I think in the case of crop circles, yes, most of them are just hoaxes. Elaborate hoaxes, never the less....but still just a trick.



I wouldn't even say it's some crazy technology. It's probably just a simple technique a group of bored engineers whipped up or something. It's the board and rope...or some variation of that. There's not some crop circle ray-gun they fire from a balloon or anything.



That's not true at all. There's a ton of artists out there that do it just because they enjoy it. Crop circles are like tagging wheat fields on a giant level, or sidewalk art...and then there's some assholes out there that will do it just to fool people.



Yeah I'm less inclined to believe they're some great masterpiece and more inclined to think it's just some bored engineering majors that want to see something they did on the news or Google satellite maps.



And you know this....how?

Did you read the first post? The article from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_circle

Quote:
Scientific analysis

In 2002, Discovery Channel commissioned five aeronautics and astronautics students from MIT to create crop circles of their own. Discovery's production team consulted with crop circle researcher Nancy Talbott, who provided them with three attributes that she believed set "real" crop circles apart from known man-made circles, such as those created by Doug Bower and Dave Chorley.[35] These criteria were:

1. Elongated apical plant stem nodes
2. Expulsion cavities in the plant stems
3. The presence of 10-50 micrometer diameter magnetized iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly

Over the course of a single night the team was able to create a stereotypical "man-made" circle that they then attempted to enhance using the three criteria. The team used lengths of rope to their design and trampled the wheat down in a spiral pattern using lengths of wooden board attached to loops of rope. To meet criterion 2, they constructed a portable microwave emitter, using it to superheat the moisture inside the corn stalks until it burst out as steam. To meet criterion 3, they built a device - dubbed the "Flammschmeisser" - that sprayed iron particles through a heated ring. However, the device proved to be too time consuming to use, and they were forced to finish the task by using a pyrotechnic charge to distribute the iron around the circle. The circle was later analyzed by graduate students from MIT, who declared it to be "on a par with any of the documented cases". Their conclusion was later questioned by Talbott, who noted that the team had only been able to recreate two of the three criteria. Talbott also expressed concerns that the iron particles were not distributed laterally. Furthermore, she felt that the team's use of night vision headsets and other technologically advanced items would be out of reach for the average hoaxer.[35]

The creation of the circle was recorded and used in the Discovery channel documentary "Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields".[35]
It would take alot more than boards and ropes.

And did you read internets lol post about how diffucult it would be to even draw one of the patterns on paper? Let alone a field? The center posts for the rope would be off of the field itself.

Then did you read about how the real crop circles, all of the stocks are bent at the knuckles. They are not just arbitrarily pushed over by a board, they are all bent at the same spot and WOVEN together. For a person to do this by hand, they would have to bend each stock, one by one, crossing them and weaving them. You could not push them over with a board. Then did you read how the knuckles have heat damage to them? This does in fact imply some sort of technology that would produce heat.

I do not know of any form of human technology that could scan a wheat field, identify the knuckle on each wheat stock, then zap them in such a way so that they will fall over interweaving themselves.

Read the thread, the notion your suggesting it could even be boards and ropes implies to me you have no read all that was posted in here.

I didn't say artists don't do it because they don't enjoy it. I believe quite the contrary, all art is an act of enjoyment. What I said is that art is an expression of the divine. Good art is a message from God for lack of better terminology. This makes me hold there message as a little more pertinent, despite any supposed origins. Just same as I would hold pertinent the message of any our current great artists.

Last edited by ry_goody; 01-01-2009 at 10:41 AM..
Old 01-01-2009, 10:34 AM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#145  

rCeAaNd_tYhOiUs
 
Logically, an advanced race that planned a long distance trip from another solar system or galaxy wouldn't waste the time and energy on creating useless drawings in bumfuck nowhere.

Presumably, they would notice that we have a large social structure and have an advanced language, and they would try to COMMUNICATE through real language, not fields. It would make no sense whatsoever for this advanced life form, who has the capacity to create a ship for long distance space travel, to just come to fuck around. They would more than likely be ecstatic about finding another planet with life on it and come on down and introduce themselves.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:56 PM rCeAaNd_tYhOiUs is offline  
Reply With Quote
#146  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rCeAaNd_tYhOiUs View Post
Logically, an advanced race that planned a long distance trip from another solar system or galaxy wouldn't waste the time and energy on creating useless drawings in bumfuck nowhere.

Presumably, they would notice that we have a large social structure and have an advanced language, and they would try to COMMUNICATE through real language, not fields. It would make no sense whatsoever for this advanced life form, who has the capacity to create a ship for long distance space travel, to just come to fuck around. They would more than likely be ecstatic about finding another planet with life on it and come on down and introduce themselves.

I think the reason they put it into geometry and not words is because we have no words to describe the geometries correctly. The geometry itself is the most accurate language they could use.

Channelers say that there are numerous alien intelligences currently trying to help humanity right now because we're standing at a very important fork in the road.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:36 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#147  

PopeKevinI
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I think the reason they put it into geometry and not words is because we have no words to describe the geometries correctly. The geometry itself is the most accurate language they could use.

If we have no words to describe it, that's because we can't conceive it. We have words to describe fourth-dimensional geometry, and you think we don't have words to describe what they're drawing in corn fields? Nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
Channelers say that there are numerous alien intelligences currently trying to help humanity right now because we're standing at a very important fork in the road.

Channelers are lying to you.
__________________
THIS is your brain on drugs: "I'm not a positive thinker. I am a spiralling hexagonal vortex thinker that strobes multiple colors." -ry_goody
Old 01-01-2009, 08:20 PM PopeKevinI is offline  
Reply With Quote
#148  

rCeAaNd_tYhOiUs
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post
Channelers are lying to you.

Channelers are either mentally ill, or rely on stupid, gullible people to believe they can do the shit they claim they do.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:38 PM rCeAaNd_tYhOiUs is offline  
Reply With Quote
#149  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Channeling is nothing other than hands-on usage of Quantum Nonlocality.

We can contact alien intelligences, because at some layer within our body, we are the same thing as the alien.

Of course this isn't to say any channeler is correct without a shadow of doubt. I'm just saying, you can in fact contact alien sources of energy through internal perception.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#150  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.