General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unflushable Turd View Post
Crop circles are real. Obviously they are real or they wouldn't be there am i right?
Someone or something had to put em there or they wouldn't be real to begin with.
I think crop circles are real... because they have to be but why would aliens waste there time putting nice little designs in fields? Don't you think they have better things to do? lol

In 2012 by Daniel Pinchbeck, I don't remember how this exact line went. But it was something to the effect of.

In meditation, deep hypnagogic state, I think this might been under a psychedellic ritual. But he came in telepathic contact with the alien intelligence and he asked "do you like humanity?" and they responded "We love humanity! We think they're hilarious".

Seriously if you had a spaceship and lots of technology, going around and grafiti-ing on the side of other planets would probably be an ideal hobby. Didn't you ever play that game Spore?

I mean if you masted space travel and sustained living. What else would there be to do except play with other species and planets?! Earth is probably a hot spot for entertainment value.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:09 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Two other points which for some reason you fail to consider:

1. Every well known or popular crop circle you post has equal counter arguments to it being a hoax. Particularly the "crabwood farmhouse crop circle" of the fucking alien head.

2. Explain the Nazca sky art. If you can't, your argument is...well...shit.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
In 2012 by Daniel Pinchbeck, I don't remember how this exact line went. But it was something to the effect of.

In meditation, deep hypnagogic state, I think this might been under a psychedellic ritual. But he came in telepathic contact with the alien intelligence and he asked "do you like humanity?" and they responded "We love humanity! We think they're hilarious".

Seriously if you had a spaceship and lots of technology, going around and grafiti-ing on the side of other planets would probably be an ideal hobby. Didn't you ever play that game Spore?

I mean if you masted space travel and sustained living. What else would there be to do except play with other species and planets?! Earth is probably a hot spot for entertainment value.

This is what proves you are a total joke and an intellectual fraud. You have this immature perception of the real world that, when taken outside of your familiar, simple lifestyle, is revealed to be pathetic.

Let's take a scenario here: Einstein was brilliant (although you seem to think otherwise, if I recall correctly) and was a bit of a jokester. He loved to laugh and was smiling often. Now lets assume we appointed Einstein as an ambassador, and he went off to make contact with a previously undiscovered culture.

Do you think our "advanced representative" of our culture would wander around spraypainting shit because he thought it would be funny?

It can be argued that as a culture becomes more advanced, frivolity and devilish behavior goes down. It's a process of maturity.

Christ, grow up.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:17 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Yeah that makes sense. A benevolent, highly advanced life form that in all probability is aware of the vast multitude of responses to proof of their existence, good and bad, is going to leave a fuckton of it up to chance and create a virtual conspiracy through crop messages.

I'm pretty sure every fucking human would get the message if a UFO landed on Flatbush Avenue.

You have no basis to assume an advanced species would be playful in their communications to us. What you postulate is the argumentative equivalent of a drunken alien teenager that swiped daddy's flying saucer, joy rode it to Earth, and landed in a crop field to get some farmer daughter poon. Why in the world would an advanced life-form, if it actually made the decision to TALK to someone as pathetic (comparatively) as us, choose to play games? Retarded.

Christ, do you even comprehend what you post? Do you know stupid some of your shit is? By some I mean 99.9%

You have to understand my background on this.

In hinduism, the guru is very humorous. The big fat guru is nearly synonymous with smiling and laughing. This is because the crown chakra, point of enlightenment, they say that when it is fully manifested and lit up, it produces a playful state of mind. You see the joke in everything, everything is fun.

Then Terence Mckenna, a recent psychedellic writer, also had this notion of what he called the 'Cosmic Giggle', he said at the edge of existence, you get out to the VERY edge of the thing, and it's just continuous laughter. Because when you get up high enough, and you have that clear overview of existence, you can see what a joke it is and you can't help but just laugh.

Coming from those two points of view, Hinduism and psychedellia. It seems OBVIOUS to me a more advanced species would be more playful, humorous and artistic. I mean these are the qualities we ourselves love. Play, humor and beautiful art, these are the qualities that we are ourselves cherish the most. Why is it absurd to assume that in a more advanced species, these qualities would encompass more of their actions and way of life in every way?

I mean, it seems to me absurd that we are going to evolve into a hardset, highly disciplined, controlled structure of life that is very formal and by the book. These are not the qualities that the human soul itself wants. The core of the human being wants play, fun, art and humor, these are the things we are naturally drawn towards. Thus because of that, those are things the natural process of evolution is going to maximize in us. And by that, a more evolved species would be much more playful, artistic and humorous in all there actions.

Landing a ship down and marching out an army of martians is some fantasy from a 1970's sci fi flick. Theres no reason to assume it would happen like a 1970's sci-fi flick at all. Why would they watch one of our movies and they do it exactly like that? That seems MORE absurd to me.

They will contact us in weird, playful, mischievous and artistic ways that will cause controversy, that will cause humanity to stir up into more excitement and mystery. Because thats more entertaining. Honestly the qualities of the alien are probably pretty similar to that of an internet troll. I mean think about this beyond the already existing stereotypes. Your sitting in a ship, that can do anything. Why would you just land it and say 'Yo'? The story would be done and over with. It would be MUCH more amusing for MUCH longer to zap down weird patterns from your philosophies and technologies in ways that confound the human and watch them run around like little ants completely puzzled trying to figure out and piece together random things.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:24 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
"It seems to me absurd that we are going to evolve into a hardset, highy disciplined, controlled structure of life"

I question how one might consider that absurd, considering the continual evolution of man from prehistory to modern time has, as a whole, been a gradual movement to order, discipline, and familiarity. Humanity has found a way to create art, humor, and play while at the same time growing more collectivized, ordered, and mature. They are not antagonists.

Just because you don't like it does not make it untrue.

You have no basis of argument to support your hypothesis that aliens are only interested in their own amusement and confusing humanity. Assuming the experiences that we already have with contacting similar cultures, it's more logical to assume that as one matures as a species, said methods become more and more refined and professional.


edit: and I just re-read a few of your posts and I caught note of you talking about psychadelic meditation and telepathic alien phone calls. Way to appear logical in your arguments, it ALWAYS comes back to drugs with you.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:30 PM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

Ralph
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
edit: and I just re-read a few of your posts and I caught note of you talking about psychadelic meditation and telepathic alien phone calls. Way to appear logical in your arguments, it ALWAYS comes back to drugs with you.

Drugs or meditation... I was so happy when he announced he was leaving the pit forever. Alas, it was only a lie
__________________
The above post is an explicit representation of the views and opinions of CrowdGather. We at CrowdGather also support all medical advice contained herein and do recommend "trying it at home."
Old 12-26-2008, 10:34 PM Ralph is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Two other points which for some reason you fail to consider:

1. Every well known or popular crop circle you post has equal counter arguments to it being a hoax. Particularly the "crabwood farmhouse crop circle" of the fucking alien head.

2. Explain the Nazca sky art. If you can't, your argument is...well...shit.

Thats not true. There is not equal arguments. Yes many people say things like it's a hoax. But no one has actually demonstrated the ability to do it. No one. Not even the team from MIT could do it. Theres just people out there trying to claim credit for it.

I mean think about the nature of what this is. Alien contact. Given the nature of humanity, it would be a PRIME GOAL for MANY PEOPLE to try as hard as they possibly can to get credit for this. Many people would love the credit for this, they'd want nothing more than to have the crop circles blamed on them and all of humanity believing it was just them doing it.

The people who have gone and taken samples, visited all of the crop circles and photgraph them. The people who have had eye witness reports, they all say its real. The only people producing hoax arguments are groups of country-side no-names that come out of the woodwork from nowhere and get on television right away.

Another point on this. And not that I believe the crop circles are a blueprint for a spaceship. But if you go to the cropcircle ship website and look at what they are doing. All of the real crop circles have a continuing theme, they have a continuing recurrent systems of symbols and meanings that can be cross-referenced between crop circles. This is a quality none of the hoaxed ones can repeat.

Now admittedly the alien head is quite odd. And of any real ones, that one probably could of been hoaxed the easiest. But if you read more about it. Like in the clip from wiki about the team from MIT in the first post. The real crop circles have a series of pecuilar qualities to them that no one has been able to replicate. And from what I've read from the people who study these, as far as they can tell, the crabwood farm house one was authentic.

I dont know what nazka sky art is.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:40 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
"It seems to me absurd that we are going to evolve into a hardset, highy disciplined, controlled structure of life"

I question how one might consider that absurd, considering the continual evolution of man from prehistory to modern time has, as a whole, been a gradual movement to order, discipline, and familiarity. Humanity has found a way to create art, humor, and play while at the same time growing more collectivized, ordered, and mature. They are not antagonists.

Just because you don't like it does not make it untrue.

You have no basis of argument to support your hypothesis that aliens are only interested in their own amusement and confusing humanity. Assuming the experiences that we already have with contacting similar cultures, it's more logical to assume that as one matures as a species, said methods become more and more refined and professional.


edit: and I just re-read a few of your posts and I caught note of you talking about psychadelic meditation and telepathic alien phone calls. Way to appear logical in your arguments, it ALWAYS comes back to drugs with you.

No. The quality that has been maximized in our evolutionary advancement is cooperation. That is the key component that allows us to create better and improve society. Cooperation, that is it.

Now, in cooperation some qualities emerge. Yes we discipline ourselves a little so we're not running around like retarded children, that would hurt cooperation. Yes we familiarize ourselves with many things, this aids cooperation. Order can also aid cooperation. But it's not order, discipline and familiarity for the sake of order, discipline and familiarity, it's for the sake of allowing us to more harmoniously interact and work together.

And now in that you have to understand the full meaning of the word cooperation. When I say cooperation, I do not mean this in the context of the Police using it when they say 'cooperate'. Cooperation is not one person submitting to another person will. Cooperation among a species is people interacting with each other on equal grounds, people respecting each other on equal grounds. People wanting to work together and build on equal grounds. This is the primary component of what has been signifying our evolutionary advancement.

Take your three words, order, discipline and familiarity. By that context you could say China is more evolved, they are more ordered and more disciplined than us. And certainly this branches off into a bigger philosophical and political debate. But I think most people can agree the the direction China is heading is not one we want to head in. We do not want more order and discipline coming down from elites to the point where we no longer have free speech and a censored internet. What we want is more people being able to work together to accomplish something. This can come about through more qualities than just Order, Discipline and Unity. Then of course, ultimately, why do we want to accomplish something? So we can get back to playtime. Even cooperation is nothing more than a system to maximize our ability to enjoy ourself, artistically, humorously, or whatever.

If an idea is good. If something is fun to work on. If something entertains you. If you enjoy and get amusement out of what you are doing. Then you need less discipline and order to do it, because you love doing it, your gonna be doing it no matter what, because it's your entertainment, it's not work to you. It's what you do for fun. An idea, a job of that nature would then be able to translate into a group assignment, while maintaining a high level of cooperation, without the need for discipline and order. Because everyone would love what they are doing, they would be completely entertained and fulfilled by doing it. You wouldn't need to construct rigid systems to hold in place the want to do it, because they genuinely find it fun and amusing to do. Thats why I think as a species evolves more, as they have to worry less and less about breaking there backs to bring in a paycheck, that they will begin to design there daily habits, and all there daily jobs to be their entertainment. To be more enjoyable for them, to amuse them more. This seems obvious to me, how can this not be obvious to you or anyone? If you had the option to do this, if your living needs were met and supported by advanced renewable technologies. You would not be doing something that didn't amuse and entertain you 100%.

That is exactly why I believe an alien contact would appear very mischievous and odd. It would be more entertaining to make crop circles than just to radio in a formal message. Think about this from the point of view of an alien. You just got a spaceship. You travel the galaxy and come across a highly populated planet that appears most like a very complex ant hill to you. What would you do? Your gonna do whats gonna entertain you for the longest amount of time. And an ideal way of entertaining oneself in such a situation would be to zap patterns onto the side of the planet.

I mean for just myself, drawing patterns is a big hobby of mine. Zapping a big pattern onto the side of a planet would probably be the FIRST thing that comes to my mind when stumbling onto a new planet.


and the telepathic alien communication is just what Daniel Pinchbeck said. I don't know to what degree it is true. But, the notion that the aliens are just watching us from up above, finding us highly entertaining. That seems incredibly plausible to me.


You just don't like the idea that 'evolving' might not entail more people crippling down and breaking their backs in the useless system you have sold your soul to. You know this seems obvious to me, but a spaceship excursion, the people inhabiting it would probably be running a little more akin to a hippie commune than a university classroom. No, you are not leading your students into space, your leading them into a hellish cycle of back-breaking labor, slavery to money and never understanding what it means to be truly fulfilled and content with life

Last edited by ry_goody; 12-26-2008 at 11:12 PM..
Old 12-26-2008, 11:04 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
meh I really dig all the paranormal stuff, so I did find your thread interesting. I still think it's two drunk British assholes with a lot of wood and a lot of time on their hands though.

btw the ebe(s) have no need to communicate with the masses, they have been working covertly with various world governments for half a century now.
__________________
lol
Old 12-26-2008, 11:10 PM Redrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
meh I really dig all the paranormal stuff, so I did find your thread interesting. I still think it's two drunk British assholes with a lot of wood and a lot of time on their hands though.

btw the ebe(s) have no need to communicate with the masses, they have been working covertly with various world governments for half a century now.

I think theres multiple species. The crop circlers are definently of a better intent cause they see humanity as equal.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:22 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

bobsmith
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I dont know what nazka sky art is.

He's talking about these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_lines

Google Images gives a better visual on the whole thing.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:24 PM bobsmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

Intuitiv
 
I don't know much about this, and don't quite believe it, but I enjoyed the read.

Good thread until the shitty replies ruined it, no matter what ry_goody's "history" is, the pit used to be better than the main forum
Old 12-26-2008, 11:41 PM Intuitiv is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

PopeKevinI
 
First, a caveat: we can no longer tell the difference between a good chop, and a good crop circle simply by looking at a website. There are some very elaborate hoaxes out there.

Now, on to my questions:

If these "real" crop circles are created by non-human intelligences, what is their purpose? Do they regularly communicate with one another via complex geometric symbols etched in the landscape? Why are they coming so far just to draw incomprehensible patterns in our wheat fields and not communicate further with us?

Why should I believe any of this is anything more than a mix of art and hoax? Should I resort to fantastical ideas simply because it can't immediately be explained by a more rational answer?
__________________
THIS is your brain on drugs: "I'm not a positive thinker. I am a spiralling hexagonal vortex thinker that strobes multiple colors." -ry_goody
Old 12-27-2008, 01:19 AM PopeKevinI is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

jkrowling
 
thread ruined by people shitting on ry instead of offering explanations.

i think the topic is great fun.

here, lets follow some rational assumptions

1) aliens don't visit earth, and if they did, they wouldn't make cropcircles
2) a team from MIT couldn't re-create some of the cropcircles

so.... that means... at the very least, some very powerful, resourceful, absolutely ridiculous people have been doing this for years for no purpose. isn't that interesting enough to try and prove, or at least, learn more about?
__________________
imagen a nuke hope it never come to that
Old 12-27-2008, 01:21 AM jkrowling is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI View Post
First, a caveat: we can no longer tell the difference between a good chop, and a good crop circle simply by looking at a website. There are some very elaborate hoaxes out there.

Now, on to my questions:

If these "real" crop circles are created by non-human intelligences, what is their purpose? Do they regularly communicate with one another via complex geometric symbols etched in the landscape? Why are they coming so far just to draw incomprehensible patterns in our wheat fields and not communicate further with us?

Why should I believe any of this is anything more than a mix of art and hoax? Should I resort to fantastical ideas simply because it can't immediately be explained by a more rational answer?

This is true. But when a new crop circle shows up, lots of people go look at it, take pics and video. Theres multiple websites and groups that track them and put up pics. They also post the location of it and all that. Over in the areas where they occur frequently they actually have crop circle bus tours, take people around and show them all the ones for that year. So I mean, someone could chop one and put it out. But it wouldn't get any recognition from the long-running groups that track and document them, becuase they themselves couldn't go look at it and take pics. You know the crop circles stays in the field all year. It's pretty easily verifiable if one actually exists. Of course, yes it's still coming to you on the internet. And of course some people might be having odd intentions and just trying to use them as a leverage to trick people into something. But there is a repository of known existing crop circles, that are quite staggering in there size and shape of formation, that yes they do in fact exist and we don't really know how they are made.

Then, like I said in my first post. I think it might just be a philosophical statement, a metaphysical belief. Like they have summed up the nature of all their religious and spiritual beliefs and understandings into these intricate symbols. Which this is not unheard of, every religion, even Christianity, rests upon the interpretation of geometric symbology at it's core. I mean in judaism you have kaballa and tree of life. In hinduism, the chakra system is purely geometric.

Theres also people have have related the symbology on them to orbits and alignments of planets, and other various aspects of astrology. Other people have decrypted them as descriptions of various things from mathematics. Like read this http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368422,00.html Of course theres probably more to it then that guy stumbled upon.

Notice on that FOX article they add in "Most scientists, however, sniff at the suggestion, pointing out that anyone with planks and rope can create crop circles in a couple of hours." Trying to unconsciously steer peoples opinion on the matter. Despite the study showing planks and rope really aren't sufficient. The media still tries to maintain this "it was dismissed long ago" type feel.

Or if you go to cropcircleship.com you will see those people think there blueprints to build a ship.

And I typed... like 3 pages on this notion up there in that little debate with Vendetta. So read those if you want to see in detail why exactly I think this. But to say it quickly, I believe a more advanced race would be very playful, they would do things they find humorous and entertaining. You know the most cherished aspects of our human life is that which is fun, humorous, beautiful and mysterious. If the qualities that a species cherishes most are things which are fun, humorous and beautiful, then as that race evolves those aspects will be inflated and come to overpower other aspects of the race. To the point where they will no longer be doing something if it isn't playful, entertaining, pretty, humorous and mysterious. You know they would live to maximize those qualities in every way. So yes I really do think an advanced species would communicate in puzzling artistic displays that are somewhat mischevious because, thats going to provide them the most entertainment. If they just landed and said "here we are, whats going on", that would not be as fun as sitting up there in the ship zapping geometric patterns describing your philosophies and technologies onto the earth. Then watching all the little ants frantically run around them trying to figure it out. That would be much more amusing.

Last edited by ry_goody; 12-27-2008 at 03:00 AM..
Old 12-27-2008, 02:49 AM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.